UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Future Foundation

Mattman

If you don't want to wait for this set to show up online or at your local disney store you can call the store in San Diego and order it right over the phone.

The woman I spoke to said they've been doing this for awhile and lots of people have called and ordered it.

They ship using UPS and it's $6.95 shipping for one set.

Phone number for the store is 619-299-0652

I wonder if they ship to other Disney Stores too and can waive the shipping charge. Wouldn't hurt to ask if you have a Disney Store in the area. But they seem to have a decent amount left at the store when I saw yesterday. 3 pegs mostly full.

Heh.

So it really IS a San Diego exclusive set.

That's kinda funny in a totally ridiculous kind of way.

How else can they get rid of an SDCC exclusive set without the SDCC traffic in their store? Resourceful, if you ask me. But yeah, it's kinda funny. :biggrin:

Edited by storm 1:08

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ordering directly from the Disney store works. My Future Foundation set arrived no problems (they even double boxed it). Thanks polite San Diego Disney Store lady.

For a bunch of repaints this a good set. The designs are really nice and I really like that Thing has no wash this time. The washes on each part never seem to match, especially with the face.

Probably would have been better if they kept these as San Diego exclusives, and limited them to, say, 500. I really don't see these selling. I'm only kind of interested.

Other than Spidey and Sue, the set is rather...Meh! :confused:

I'll mainly be picking this set up for Spidey.. though I am a sucker for the Fantastic Four.

I gave in to the Spiderman variation craze years ago (why fight it?).. I have a display case just for all of the Spiderman Suits.. Not every iteration, but all of the significantly unique costumes that have been covered by Chuck... So.. just like the black and green spiderman (that I had no clue about the history of) I will be getting the white spidey because it is different.

Viva Minimates!

I've had these for a few days & they're far from special & suffer from a number of irritating issues. Do we really need to know where each Minimate was made,when it was made & who made it ? All of this info is printed in black on the back of Susan Storm yet there is no other black detailing on the entire figure & you can see it even when you're viewing her from the front.....pathetic ! She would have perhaps been the best of the figures & probably still scrapes in as the best of a bad bunch. Spidey's white head barely matches his body & he looks cheap whilst Reed's greying sideburns or whatever look like whipped cream... a few shades whiter than his chest. The Thing ....what can I say ? I embrace some of the latest innovations from DST but what can I say other than "rubbish". Compared to the superb quality of most of the Minimate stuff I've seen lately..... trust me I've seen plenty of stuff lately.... these fall way short of the mark on nearly every level .

Edited by buttheadsmate

Compared to the superb quality of most of the Minimate stuff I've seen lately..... trust me I've seen plenty of stuff lately.... these fall way short of the mark on nearly every level .

:( But... I love them...

I LOVE the Spidey. Love it! Lots of great detail on the figure. The Thing figure is the one I like the most of all Things released (never liked any previous so this is leaps and bounds ahead for me). Translucent figures are must have for me and the extra translucent stuff are a plus. And Reed's body is fun to put random heads on. My favorite box set of the year. But I'm partial to the retro-futuristic costumes in general.

Oh, no offense taken at all. You are entitled to your opinions around here too and your reasoning is valid. I don't mind you speaking your mind and I wasn't hurt in any way, regardless of how you got the FF set. :)

But I was curious if maybe some discoloration occurred during shipping? I'm 100% critical of all my Spideys and I wasn't deeply offended by FF Spidey. I do remember it being slightly off from the rest of the body, though. But that wasn't as bad to me as the stupid bar on the top of the chest on some of the previous red and blue Spideys. So I do understand your concerns. And I have to admit, you still got good eyes young man! :tongue: