UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 42

boyd

Can't say I would have chosen the "Stone Men of Saturn" as an army builder. I suppose it makes since as a parts reuse money saver. But as a huge Eric Masterson fan, can't complain too loudly.

And Luke, I can NOT recommend Walt's run on Thor too highly.

And what the wiki didn't mention was that Thor was wearing this armor when he and the Avengers found themselves at war with the Olympion Gods as only Big John Buscema and Tom Palmer could bring it off! Ah, memories! (Avengers v1 #281-285)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Zach needs to be more careful when updateing the website.

Unless they really are trying to break my wallet well and before the MvC3 stuff hits.

Need? No. Want personally? Oh absolutely!!

Battle Armor Thor has been on my lists of wants for any line for a long time. And while I can count myself among the 15 admitted Eric Masterson fans, I had avoided getting the current "bearded Thor" cause quite frankly the old one with it's painted on mask sucketh mightily. The new one is a vast improvement.

I know what you're sayin'. Would I have preferred Enchantress and Executioner, or one of the Zemo's. Truth be told these two characters deserve their own LCS/TRU wave each. Combining them into one wave does both a disservice.

• 1 month later...

Hmm...I actually thought of Humpty from Digital Underground (same as when I see X-Force Wolverine). And I think the Stone Men also got busy once in a Burger King bathroom. Seriously, though, why are they already doing a repeat charicature of a black rap star already when there's plenty of others out there. I can't wait until the day when we get a Minimate that looks like Flavor Flav or Sir Mix-A-Lot and not justthis rehashed crap.

I was really hoping TRU was going to keep the old style packaging (like they did with LSC Wave 41/TRU 11), solely for the fact that I can't even imagine what the new packaging will look like after being shipped from TRU.com...

So many sharp corners, so little time to bend/crush/mangle them all! <_<

Packaged pics are up. The boxes look great. I'm pretty excited for this wave.

Looks like there is webbing gear in the Crossbones set. Have we seen him yet without the bulky chest piece on?

that webbing gear looks the same as the stuff that should come with the wave 3 max tactical figures if we get them

Packaged pics are up. The boxes look great. I'm pretty excited for this wave.

Looks like there is webbing gear in the Crossbones set. Have we seen him yet without the bulky chest piece on?

that webbing gear looks the same as the stuff that should come with the wave 3 max tactical figures if we get them

It's also on the Thunderbolts Norman Osborn and two versions of Sarah Connor. If he's meant to be able to swap between teh webbing and the bulky vest, I'm hoping he's got the crossed bones tampo'd on his chest.

I'm only pumped about jacket Cap if it means we can get a whole set of Avengers wearing their Avenger's jackets- Black Knight, Sersi, Crystal, Black Widow, they all spent half of the Harras run wearing those brown jackets over their costumes. Might as well milk the thing dry if we're gonna get it anyway.

For the record I was not a fan at all of the leather clad team look, though with Thundestrike hanging around it's as close to a team look as the Avengers ever got, and would much, much rather have Sersi, Crystal and Dane in their classic costumes. But I'd rather have them in leather than not at all.:confused:

Never cared for the lightsaber. It removed the threat of the blood curse, which admittedly Simonson had beat to death during his run. Not trying to take away from Dane's tech abilities, but the idea that he wielded one of the worlds' most powerful personal weapons, but could not use it to full effect in battle made for an interesting dynamic. A scientist with a magic sword. So I'd rather see Dane in his Stern/Buscema era costume when he eventually gets a minimate. I'll be happy with a Lightsaber and Leather Dane minimate, if they include an Ebony Blade too.

Actually I think the Black Knight would be a perfect candidate for a variant pack: Heroic Dane Whitman (Stern/Buscema era costume) w/ Ebony Blade as the main, villainous Nathan Garrett w/ Power Lance for the chase.