UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Main Discussion Thread

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing how next year will be a Spidey and Avenger oriented the potential to see a Kang mate is now better than ever. DST would be fools to pass on him at that point. Just my 2 cents.:confused:

not making Kang but making some stupid ass thing knock offs...makes sense I mean that is what Marvel Universe did. oh wait...

Chucks response is the response of a supplier clearly not listening to a market segment.

The FB pic of him at the panel flipping off the camera is EXACTLY what his response about Kang is.

want Kang. don't want Kang whatever but thinking that rock dudes will sell more than an established core villain and I might add who recently had a starring role on the avengers cartoon and comics that is just a bad decision

rant over.

Could the Spidey story be Maximium Carnage? 2013 (2012 being Avengers heavy) would be the 20th anniversary of that story!

Sweet Chocolate Zombie Jesus, i hope so! a new Carnage, Shriek, Demogoblin etc . . . are all high up on my 'Spidey Want List'. I don't know how much SHIELD agents featured in that story, But i'd be more than happy to have them in the wave!

The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man came out around 20 years ago, and featured at least one SHIELD agent in it. That story could give us Beetle, Boomerang, and an updated Rhino. :D

Oooooh . . . i could be down for a Beetle & Bulked up Rhino :biggrin:

Chuck says he has a particular Spidey wave in mind, if he gets his way. Not just a regular wave, but an “eclectic” Spidey wave based on a storyline from about 20 years ago. And if this wave comes to light, the army builder will be SHIELD soldiers and it will make total sense in being in that wave due to the story. Anyone know what storyline he is talking about?

Either way, SHIELD army builders have been heavily discussed.

The Deadly Foes of Spider-Man came out around 20 years ago, and featured at least one SHIELD agent in it. That story could give us Beetle, Boomerang, and an updated Rhino. :D

Anyone know when and where I can grab the Stormbreaker set? I assume AFX but it's not up on the site. For that matter, the MvC set as well from EE. I assume...EE? I'd rather knock em both out together. I forget if Luke's gets them...

We will have these up for preorder by Wednesday. :)

Thanks for the heads up, Luke, I'll place my order then!

Well, more tidbits:

Chuck says he has a particular Spidey wave in mind, if he gets his way. Not just a regular wave, but an “eclectic” Spidey wave based on a storyline from about 20 years ago. And if this wave comes to light, the army builder will be SHIELD soldiers and it will make total sense in being in that wave due to the story. Anyone know what storyline he is talking about?

Either way, SHIELD army builders have been heavily discussed.

Here's a wild option: Round Robin, The Sidekick's Revenge. It could include a Punisher, a Darkhawk, a Night Thrasher, another Moon Knight, and/or a Midnight. Kinda shaky, but possible.

Another wild one: Assassin Nation. It could include Red Skull, Ultimatum, Captain America, Paladin, and would have a better excuse to utilize SHIELD agents.

Food for thought. Return of the Sinister Six is actually a pretty good guess, though. I hope that means a Deathlok.

Why does everything we do have to devolve into a wish list?

So, anyone hear about Hasbro? They don't have any of their exclusives on HTS yet. Talk about a bunch of whiny POed fans.

It sucked at SDCC. They didn't sell any of the 3 GI Joe sets at all after Friday. Sold out for the show. Because of that, the line at Hasbro was short and manageable. And I kept getting different days for when they said to check HTS for the very limited quantities of Joes. Either Tuesday or Wednesday morning.

Also, I went to the Hasbro booth where they were handing out the TF Kreon and they said they are heavily thinking about also selling the TF Kreons without playsets.

How long ago was the Slingers story? Could this be a Dusk/Prodigy/Ricochet/Hornet wave? It's kind of tied in with SpiderMan, right?

Slingers was 98-ish, after The Clone Saga but before the renumbering. I would kill for a Slingers set, but I don't think that's what Chuck had in mind.

Also, I went to the Hasbro booth where they were handing out the TF Kreon and they said they are heavily thinking about also selling the TF Kreons without playsets.

Considering the kreons sell for so much 2nd hand, and I've already heard of people buying kreo-'s and returning them sans kreons, or just straight up stealing the kreons, that's a great idea.

Why does everything we do have to devolve into a wish list?

So, anyone hear about Hasbro? They don't have any of their exclusives on HTS yet. Talk about a bunch of whiny POed fans.

Yeah, HTS was a nightmare this morning once they started rolling out the SDCC exclusives. After two hours of trying again and again I was finally able to check out with the items I wanted.

Thankfully the only other exclusives I'm after will all come from Luke's store.

Been while since I've posted but all I can say is that I'm looking forward to:

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Marvel TRU series 11 & 12

M.A.X. sets and box set

Vehicles

Halo Series 3 & 4 (just recently got some and their pretty cool)

Halo Reach Warthog sets

MODOK (now if only I had more AIM troops)

Also the Sentinel from MvC3 is something that I wish I could army build.

Wow I got some catching up to do since I still wanna get the Thor,Halo series 1 & 2, and the Capt. America minimates... 8D