Liney's Designs & Customs - She-Hulk advice

very nice Queen

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh man, that Frankenfurter is great. you've really captured the playful, sleazy, sinister smile he gives.

and the Borg Queen? WOW! So much great detail. I wouldn't be surprised if someone poaches your design and uses it for decals to make a custom. She looks great.

oh man, that Frankenfurter is great. you've really captured the playful, sleazy, sinister smile he gives.

and the Borg Queen? WOW! So much great detail. I wouldn't be surprised if someone poaches your design and uses it for decals to make a custom. She looks great.

Thanks, I know what you mean, the panels on her chest where a real pain, especially as every picture I looked at seemed to be different.

*I've added in the back design now too*

Feel free to poach away, that way I don't have to do the decals ;)

Got a few more Rocky Horror designs to finish up at some point too.

• 1 year later...

So it's been over year since I posted any designs....

I would like say my designs have improved bucket loads, the old ones make me cringe.

This is more of a redesign, loved Storm's first costumes, but missed getting my hands on the mate, aving said that, looking at pictures it hasn't aged well. So I redrew it to try and get it looking like the more recent mates.

Shown below with and without cape.

storm_minimate_1_by_lord_liney-d4hv706.jpg

storm_minimate_2_by_lord_liney-d4hv7er.jpg

Edited by Liney

Thanks guys, I want to try and get back into doing more designs, any suggestions on who you would like to see?

Short of Machine Man I'm drawing a blank on people I would like in mate form...

Quick design for a classic Enchantress, had to redo various bits as my reference art showed her with different arms things and the circles on her tights as different shapes.

Not as pleased as I was with Storm, think she could use more details or shading, mainly on the arms, but that doesn't often get included on mates. Not wild abput the hair, but making it any bigger would unbalnce her and give some height issues.

Still open for more suggestions btw....

enchantress_minimate_by_lord_liney-d4i1spu.jpg

EDIT

Realised that she needed some shading on her bodice/armour thing to give her some shape and depth. The original one is still above to show the hopefully improvements. Also tweaked her face to make her look a little more evil.

enchantress_minimate_2_by_lord_liney-d4i23l8.jpg

Edited by Liney

Okay, that's... that's just outstanding. I actually prefer the first version, personally. I WILL be turning that into a decal, if you don't mind.

I'd love to see more villains, myself....

Please feel free to, I think Scarlet Witch's hairpeace would be a good start for Enchantress too. I find the first one a bit flat and dull personally.

Any villians in particular? Might try a male character for a change.

Edited by Liney

After doing Storm and Enchantress I decided my older designs weren't really up to scratch, so I'm revisiting them, starting with Jocasta. The original can be seen here
Also I want to try and create some decals, so I'm now trying to draw all the different sides of the mates, as seen in Art Asylum's control art.
Haven't coloured her yet, what do you guys think?

Feedback, as always, is welcome.

And if you want to save me the time and create the decals, that would be just dandy wink.gif

jocasta_control_art_by_lord_liney-d4i9k0

*updated with coloured images 09/12/11*

jocasta_coloured_1_by_lord_liney-d4ilbct
jocasta_coloured_2_by_lord_liney-d4ilbj7

Edited by Liney

errm wow that is some great control art on Jocasta.

I dont do decals but i prefer the base line drawing then a coloured one just because the cusomisers can sort out their own base colours etc.

I also have to say your stuff has come on a fantastic amount and should make the professionals sit up and take notice on how well some of the obscurer characters look.

I vote a Morbius or Lightmaster next :)

Thank you for the kind words MiniFiend!

I see what you mean about the line art, though if I where adding my own colours I think I would need a little more detail, such as highlights and shadows drawn on.

Consider you vote counted, I'm working on Wizard right now, but will try Morbius when I'm done/give up :P

Thanks for all the kind words people.

Finished off another piece of control art today, which along with Jocasta I will go back and colour at some point.

morbius_minimate_by_lord_liney-d4ig8bw.j

Mobius.
Not too thrilled with how the hair came out, or the face really, however google didn't offer too much reference images. May try and improve on him at a later date.

As always, feedback is welcomed, as are further sugestions for more designs.

*updated 08/12/11 - coloured image added*
morbius_minimate___coloured_by_lord_line

Edited by Liney

*updated 08/12/11 - coloured image added*

Coloured Morbius, and I have to say I think he looks better now, well, I'm happy enough that I won't have to go back and tweak him anymore.
Due to the lack of reference images available to me, I wasn't sure what collor the back of his collar was, blue or red. As you can see I went with blue, what do you guys think?

Edited by Liney

*Added coloured images to line art post on previous page*
Coloured Jocasta like I did Enchantress, one with plain, flat colour and another with an atempt at adding some shine to her. I think I prefer the flat colour, but maybe with a pearlescent plastic used so she shines and sparkles a bit.

You can see the uncoloured line art on page 2.

Let me know which one you think works best.

Edited by Liney

I like the first one. I think Minimates generally look better with flat colors, as subtlety is often lost on those little bodies.

BTW, if you really want to give your design skills a run for their money, might I suggest the Jack of Hearts?

jackofhearts.gif

Thank you both, I'm inclined to agree, much like faces, too much detail sort of ruins things. I would love a Jocasta mate, but will have to wait on an official one as my sculpting abilities aren't up to much.

I have no idea how I would get all that detail on to a Jack of Hearts mate, I'll have to do a few more before I try him...