Unmade Variants

Mirymate

Blob

- comic

Captain America

- Nomad w/ cape

- Steve Rogers, Super Soldier

Captain Britain

- First Appearance (Red costume)(This is a real special want of mine)

Doctor Strange

- Astral Plane (Translucent clear/blue) (I would love this in a second Defenders 4 pack with Hellcat, Nighthawk and Gargoyle)

Human Torch I

- “Flame Off” Jim Hammond

Human Torch

- "Flame Off" Johnny Storm (any costume that matches already released FF members)

- Red/yellow solo uniform

Iron Fist

- Red costume

Nova

- Classic Costume

Sandman

- Frightful Four costume

She-Hulk

- FA savage

- FF uniform

Sunfire

- Classic 616 costume

Vision

- Classic, non phased

Wolverine

- Feral Wolverine (If this is the bone claw Iron Fist style mask look, then yes please)

- Weapon X escape (helmet/wires)

I would happily buy any or all or these characters

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought of more...

Nova

- "Kid Nova" red costume

War Machine

- Initiative armor

- Eidelon Warware

Spider-Woman II

- Archane costume

Doctor Octopus

- Larson white suit design

- White/green labcoat costume

- Ultimate Octavius

Hercules

- "He-Man" costume

- "Sorbo"ed Gathers era costume

Doctor Strange

- 70's full-masked costume

- Modern non-costume

Ultron

- Ultron 6 (flying engine block for legs)

- Ultron 13 (T2 endoskeleton inspired design)

- There were in one story 3000 Ultron variations, as long as the head looks right, go crazy with the rest and I wont care.

And yeah this is fun to me too.

Also I'm still waiting on a ruling on separate characters/variations. All the more relevant since Matt suggested those alt. Whiplashes.

I say, treat them as variations of the 'character' regardless of the person in the suit.

The character of War Machine is different than Iron Man, but Orson Randall's character was "Iron Fist".

I think there was a female Doc Ock too, right? I would view her as a character variant even though it wasn't Otto Octavius in the suit.

Scorpion:

Modern (the suit smythe builds for him)

Venom:

Flash Thompson

Spiderman:

Bullet proof big time suit

Thing:

Angrir Breaker of Souls

Juggernaught:

Black and Yellow costume

Kuurth: Breaker of stone

Ultimate

Absorbing man:

Greithoth: Breaker of Wills

The Hulk:

Planet hulk

Joe Fixit

Nul: Breaker of Worls

Hank Pym:

Ultimate Yellow Jacket

Ultimate Giant man

Ultimate Antman

Modern Giantman

Wasp

Doc Ock:

Secret war (female)

Modern (Paralyzed)

Ultimate

Electro:

Ultimate

Modern (maybe make him translucent to show off his immense power)

Chameleon:

Robe

Mysterio:

Ultimate

Rhino:

Modern

Ultimate

Quicksilver:

Modern

Ultimate

Hob Goblin

Modern

An Astral Form Dr. Strange seems like a no brainer to me. I mean the molds are made and the paint tampos just need a color change. The way dst seems to like making clear figures (i.e. Human Torch) you would think we would have had this one by now.

My top 10

Thor - Thunderstrike

wolverine - weapon x experiment w/ helmut

dr. strange - with blue mask

nova - classic nova look (pre- annihilation)

hulk - walk about hulk (pre-house of M)

king pin - just give me an updated one with all the advancements made I just think he would look cool

mandarin - blue and silver armor

sunfire - 90s or 1970's

blob - 616

colossus - Magneto Accolyte

honorable mention

Quicksilver - green costume

She-Hulk - FF costume

Polaris - X-Factor costume

Havok - X-Factor costume

Maverick - 616 ( he was agent x in the wolvie movie so it counts)

Update the list again, with a few more I thought of, and the different character same name variations.

I do have a question for you though... Is Sharon Ventura's Thing form a Thing variant or a Ms. Marvel variant? (she was never officially in universe known as She-Thing but just as Ms. Marvel, since Carol was Binary at the time)

Call her She-thing. lol. I like to pretend she doesn't exist anyway.

edit on a serious note:

I guess it depends on how you define variant. Is US Agent a variant of Cap or War Machine of Iron Man? Sharon Ventura is a completely different character then MsMarvel/Carol Danvers, so I don't consider her a variant of MsM.

Edited by MsMarvel fan

I would like to see:

Fantastic Four Ultimate Universe

Frightful Four, ultimate Universe Zombies

King Pin (as an Africain-American)

Mystique (no clothes movie version)

Thor-Buster Iron Man

Also, any House of M designs, particularly Hulk and Iron Man

I guess it depends on how you define variant. Is US Agent a variant of Cap or War Machine of Iron Man? Sharon Ventura is a completely different character then MsMarvel/Carol Danvers, so I don't consider her a variant of MsM.

Ah, but if Orson Randall counts as an Iron FIst variant, or for an actually produced example if Ult. Jessica Drew counts as a variant of May Parker shouldn't Ms Marvel/Sharon Ventura count as a variant of Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers? And by extention doesn't that mean Ventura's She-Thing form counts as a Ms Marvel as well? (can open, worms everywhere)

Ah, but if Orson Randall counts as an Iron FIst variant, or for an actually produced example if Ult. Jessica Drew counts as a variant of May Parker shouldn't Ms Marvel/Sharon Ventura count as a variant of Ms Marvel/Carol Danvers? And by extention doesn't that mean Ventura's She-Thing form counts as a Ms Marvel as well? (can open, worms everywhere)

this made my head implode a little. I'm not sure who Orson Randall is, (I googled him, but it seemed like something that would remind me why I stopped reading marvel comics) but Iron Fist is a title and a role so any different barer would be a variation on Iron Fist, not Danny Rand. There's a relation there, they have the role and title of the Iron Fist. Sharon Ventura has no relation to MsMarvel/Carol Danvers other than she used the same name for a brief period. Let's take Bucky Cap for example, is Bucky Cap a variant of Captain America, or is he a different character? Or even Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter, both Spider-Woman, but are they different characters or one a variation of the original?

I notice you're missing Black Cat. Do I need to post my list again? ;)

I was not aware there was a MLP Back Cat costume. Let me guess: electric blue '$' sign as a stylized cat face on each hip, pink streaks in her hair, and a white and pink horse tail on her bum. :confused:

this made my head implode a little. I'm not sure who Orson Randall is, (I googled him, but it seemed like something that would remind me why I stopped reading marvel comics) but Iron Fist is a title and a role so any different barer would be a variation on Iron Fist, not Danny Rand. There's a relation there, they have the role and title of the Iron Fist. Sharon Ventura has no relation to MsMarvel/Carol Danvers other than she used the same name for a brief period. Let's take Bucky Cap for example, is Bucky Cap a variant of Captain America, or is he a different character? Or even Jessica Drew and Julia Carpenter, both Spider-Woman, but are they different characters or one a variation of the original?

But DST did consider Spider Woman II a chase vartiant of Spider Woman I, and in the recent Heroic Age packs, Steve and Buck are interchanged while the other three just swap costume variations. And the authorty on such things, Ivan, has all the Captain Americas, be they Steve or James, on the same character index page of the MMDB. (note tongue placed firmly in cheek)

As with the red/white versions of Spidey's Big Time costume I don't know if anyone would actually want them as mates, but the new Fantastic Four costumes also have a "variant" where they invert the black and white when in battle. Doom also wears a new costume in the FF series, but it'd probably still be considered spoilery.

Oh and Spider-Man wore this for like one page before he realized they'd changed the name of the team:

post-1800-0-18987900-1309647006_thumb.jp

Kitty Pryde was also wearing a weird 'space suit' costume with a helmet recently in Uncanny, when she was stuck in phase mode.

........ (note tongue placed firmly in cheek)

Rawhide Kid.

You are a dirty, dirty old man, you know that?

Well played, Gramperv, well played.

I'd really love to see a Malice Possessed Polaris with the crazy Wolverine Hair!

polarismaliceinferno.gif

'Here Comes Tomorrow' Jean - maybe with an orange translucent variant:

Blanchett_jeanherecomes2moro.gifBlanchett_jeanherecomes2moro2.gif

A non-iced Jim Lee Iceman

Koosh_Iceman15.gif

A current-look Storm (we might get one of these in the MVC3 series :)

storm10.gif

616 Sunfire

Sunfire-Uncanny(TheComingOfSunfire)2-Spz.gif

Colossus: Acolyte & Red+White gear

Colossus%20Acolyte.gifColossus_80_s.gif

90's Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane3.gif

And of course, every AoA variant that we have yet to see:

gbkurtaoa3.gifangelwings.gifBlanchett_aoashadowcatredo.gifkat-piotraoa1.gifBlanchett_aoastorm2fx.gifAOA%20Mystique.gifWhiteQueenI(EmmaFrost)-AgeOfApocalypse-Spz.gif etc . . .

I actually would like some more of those AoA characters too, Nessie. Weirdly, that X-Calibre series with Nightcrawler and Mystique was what got me into the 616 series. And yes please '90s Wolfsbane, although I'd prefer her with a ponytail:

post-1800-0-96128200-1309660603_thumb.gi

Also while I appreciate DST gave us that merged Doug Ramsey as a Warlock extra, I'd like both a regular New Mutants Cypher and a real Douglock:

post-1800-0-31242400-1309660753_thumb.jp

Also also, if they ever made Captain Britain in his current uniform, they could do a 'Gloriana/Escaped from Hell' Meggan to go with him:

post-1800-0-98059800-1309661439_thumb.jp

I thought of a few more I would like to see:

Nate Grey

Cable w/ a Baby Hope accessory

Blue Hulk (from the end of the Hulk trades where the different hulks are like brothers)

Ultimate versions of Mary Jane and Gwen (or any update, really)

Green Goblin from the Spider-Girl series

Rescue (Pepper Potts)

Jim Rhodes as Iron Man (West Coast Avengers)

Marvel 1602

J2

Spiderman - Amazing Bagman

Venom - Flash Thomson

Punisher - Frankencastle

Spiderman - Translucent 'Big Time' stealth costume

Spiderman - 'Big Time' Bullet Proof costume

Various - House of M

Various - Marvel Zombies

Various - Marvel Universe vs Punisher story

Updated the list again with the new suggestions. Starting to wonder if it'd be easier to follow Pete's lead and just add AoA, Ultimates, and Zombieverse as listings unto themselves rather than each unproduced/desired character as they are thought of.

Also add the more distinctive Crimson Dynamo models, and for our resident "Bronie" I listed the most distinctive Black Cat variants.

As a side note, the word doc holding the list is now 10 pages long, @ 9pt Arial. You think I aught to send it to DST when it's "done" and see if they say anything?

Incredible list, gang. I'd just like to add a couple:

Magneto

-Creator

-Headmaster of Xavier's School

Cyclops (or Magneto)

-Erik the Red (yeah, I know there was a third guy, but I think of Cyc first.)

Rogue, Gambit, Bishop, Beast

-Shi'ar mining suits. (And Joseph to fill out that particular team, but I don't know if Joseph counts as his own character or if he could be considered a variant of Magneto...probably best to not count him at all.)

Thought of a few more Hercules costumes. However I appreciate they may have been covered off in the two above (only started following him with Incredible Herc, aka one of the best Marvel comics EVER)

Current Costume

Spider Island costume (not yet released)

"Cosmic" Hercules/Price of Power http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hercules-Prince-Power-Vol-Ref1053823700/dp/B0047C08M2/ref=sr_1_27?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309792897&sr=1-27

Hercules as Thor (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/126/8781newstoryimage760670.jpg/)

Thor

Thor as Hercules

IMO Thorcules and Hercor should be done as a two pack over Kang ;). Kang can never match them in pure awesomness.

http://adudesguide.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/nuts.jpg

Need I say any more?

Stumbled across this site with a bunch of costume galleries while looking for some of the pictures I posted, it's amazing how many costumes we don't remember, they could do a whole wave of Jubilees easily. It also points out that naked'n'scaly Mystique was actually a 616 look she sported for five minutes when the movies were coming out.

Also here's an oldie but a baddie, that I would love to see Minimatized -- VR helmet/rollerblades Spidey 2099:

post-1800-0-49120300-1309799008_thumb.jp

Edited by battlecat