UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Another major villain to appear in "The Avengers"?

Very cool. If this IS true, I hope Whedon knows what he is doing. Don't want tosee another superhero movie with too many supervillains where one of them gets dumbed down and not developed to their full potential.

I'm guessing it will be just a tease or hint of him in this movie, leaving the door open for him as the big bad in the Avengers 2 :thumbsup:

for those that haven't seen Thor and/or don't know Loki's going to be in the Avengers:

I have to say I was impressed with Loki in Thor (the actor that plays him does an outstanding job with the character); I would be dissapointed if they diminish his role in the Avengers to have another villain like Thanos join in.

Very cool. If this IS true, I hope Whedon knows what he is doing. Don't want tosee another superhero movie with too many supervillains where one of them gets dumbed down and not developed to their full potential.

I think Nolan handled it quite well with having two primary villains in each of his respective movies (I guess 3 in Begins if you include Falcone). Obviously, it worked less well in Spiderman 3, though part of that might have been Raimi's disdain of Venom and intentional attempt to shoehorn him into the end of the film.

However. . .

The Cosmic Cube plus the freakin' Infinity Gauntlet? That's a bit overboard. In fact, I think that's a bad idea for consecutive movies because from what I recall, both weapons can do similar things--manipulating reality, etc.

One thing that sucks about Thanos, though, is that I'm guessing Surfer is still off-limits to Marvel Studios. And if so, it would be a shame, because those two should interact on the big screen.

Edited by karamazov80

Source

I have never heard of this website before, so I cannot attest to the accuracy of this story. Obviously, there are spoilers, so if you don't want to spoil the surprise, do not click the link.

just as a FYI MinnesotaIceman Latino review is very well respected when it comes to this type of insider info, they have scooped many of the last marvel films as well as other genre pics well before other outlets.

Gotta be honest... I really was disappointed that it's not Kang. :sad:

That's probably the only way we'll get him as a Minimate :lol:

See, I would prefer Kang to *mysterious villain announced in spoiler* for the reason I stated in my previous post.

Source

I have never heard of this website before, so I cannot attest to the accuracy of this story. Obviously, there are spoilers, so if you don't want to spoil the surprise, do not click the link.

just as a FYI MinnesotaIceman Latino review is very well respected when it comes to this type of insider info, they have scooped many of the last marvel films as well as other genre pics well before other outlets.

I wasn't sure if it was or not. Thanks!

I'll take Kang over Thanos any day of the week. Nothing against Thanos, of course, but I like Kang a lot more.

That's probably the only way we'll get him as a Minimate :lol:

True. :P