UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BAMF - Custom Minimate Database NEW DESIGN

Hear ye! Yet another Minimate website...
http://bobs-minimate-blog.blogspot.com/'>bobs-minimate-blog.blogspot.com

The long story:
The possibility to customize Minimates was one of the things that really got me hooked here. I mean, in the beginning "I just wanted that Invaders Cap" - but you know how things develop, right? Anyway, as you know, I'm a big fan of the incredible customs people showcase here in a pretty frequent fashion. I'm proud to be part of this customizing community and I enjoy both, customizing and looking at the stuff other people come up with. There's a lot of talent here! Anyway, I'm really glad how things turn out at the 'verse. Everybody has his (her?) own thread and all. But there's one thing that really bothered me at least a little. You know that situation when you once saw this wicked custom of (insert name of a character, let's say Oingyfloingy-Man) but after a while you just don't find it any more. You forgot who did the custom and the search function... meh. Customs vanish and people forget.

The not so long story:
I thought about creating a website dedicated to custom Minimates - not only my own stuff of course! It is in no way to be regarded as a real database (all hail Ivan!), but it might help you out when looking for custom 'mates. I started working on it in late February and with today I've already presented 35 of what in my humble opinion are some of the most impressive customs ever. I'm basicly collecting and displaying your art, because I think it's worth it. I figured using a blog is a pretty easy way to update and maintain this place. I managed to give you the option to search by theme, customizer or character, so I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. I called the site BAMF, which is my idea of a nifty acronym: Bob's Astonishing Minimate Finds. That explains why my avatar buddy on the left is "bamfing" lately. Some of you already managed to find their way to my little place, and I invite all of you to drop by and if you like, leave a comment.

The short story:
Started a website about custom Minimates. Check it out!

http://bobs-minimate-blog.blogspot.com/'>bobs-minimate-blog.blogspot.com

Edited by Bob Harris

Glad you enjoy my idea so far, guys!

Bookmarked! And I hope our recent feud doesn't make me ineligible for BAMFing... :whistling:

Sorry to let you know, but this ship has sailed...

Just kidding, actually, I'm waiting on your tweaks on that sweet Warlord custom of yours. Whenever he's finished, he'll be featured! :thumbsup:

I'm also surprised you're just revealing this now, except I didn't know about it before.

Looks like a great way to drive up viewers and spread the word about customizers. Also I'm a big fan of the "What did you like best" feature.

Glad you enjoy my idea so far, guys!

Bookmarked! And I hope our recent feud doesn't make me ineligible for BAMFing... :whistling:

Sorry to let you know, but this ship has sailed...

Just kidding, actually, I'm waiting on your tweaks on that sweet Warlord custom of yours. Whenever he's finished, he'll be featured! :thumbsup:

Errr... yeah... he's probably about as finished as he's going to get, at least for the time being. I haven't found a shoulder pad or chain that I'm happy with; the one that you suggested works well enough, but I think he actually looks better without it.

Anyway, I really like the idea of your blog. I often find myself wishing that I could look back over some of my favorite customs in one place without having to hunt through all the threads here.

I'm surprised you're just revealing the existence of your blog now. It's been in my favorites folder for months. Love the acronym.

See, I thought when I wait just a little while with revealing it, there would be enough content to show how the site works. And now, you can browse thorugh the different characters or check out, which customs of your favorite customizer are already featured. That's the reason. I didn't want to present it rather "empty".

But I'm glad you enjoy it. :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

I know that some of you follow my little website via Facebook or Twitter, but for everybody else here's a little reminder:

I started that little blog one year ago and since then I've been collecting almost 100 of the most amazing Minimate customs from all the talented customizers here at MMMV. You did great, folks!

Here's the entire custom Minimate collection so far!

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...