UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Shockini news.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is too fantastic. Though it's amazing they had such a small audience, it would have been amazing to have had all those seats filled to see the court papers served.

Now, I have a terrible memory, so maybe somebody could give me a refresher. All I remember is that I was asked by Shocker to make some sample custom Shockinis, I think for show purposes to promote interest, it was on older forums. This was before the product was released (I use that term loosely). I said no (I had to have been freaking 15 or under at the time!), so I've always kinda wonder what sort of mess I didn't get myself into. Any other customizers here get that offer?, or am I just making crazy stuff up?

GH, I keep thinking your posts are Luke's. A few times I thought to myself "damn, Luke's in a foul mood today!" :lol:

I don't know what you're talking about Sam.

By the way, I meant to tell you that you're free to order anything from the store that interests you and you won't be charged. Just fill up your cart and fill out the card info as a formality and it'll all be comped. Hope you enjoy!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I laugh, but they still have some of my money from last years exclusive that never happened. :confused:

I'll bump this just to remind people that Shocker Toys and their lack of customer service totally suck. Seriously, I have spent most of my year now trying to just get something from them and and I get somewhat nasty comments from their staff. I'm tempted to take the figure I get, do something bad to it and then send it back to them. of course, I won't really do that (mainly because I don't plan on getting anything from them).

Here's my first post on their board in the customer service forum on November 10th that pretty much explains the situation:

I'm not sure what to do, so I thought I'd ask here. At the beginning of the year, I ordered a Barry Hubris Tick figure not realizing it was a preorder. When I found out, I waited awhile and when there was no release date in sight, I contacted customer support and said I would like to see if I could get a regular Tick instead (since it was already out and I was willing to not worry about the difference in price). They agree and said they would ship one out. After awhile of not receiving anything, I contacted CS once again and they said they needed my address again. I resent it again and have heard nothing since (that was back at the end of July). I've sent several e-mails asking about this again and have not received a reply.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I feel like the whole situation has been poorly handled and I'd really just like to move on with things or see if I need to go through Paypal for a refund instead.

They responded:

Hello,

You can email customerservice@shockertoys.com with your order number. The company is going through a new staff change and re-structuring due to a merger deal.

Temp Admin

I had to clear things up with them since they typed out the address wrong, but was then able to send an e-mail. The next week I posted:

It's been close to a week since I e-mailed-how long should I wait before trying again?

ST:

You should have got a reply. What was it in regards to?

Me:

It was in regards to the situation I stated up above in the first post. I've been trying to get an answer since July now.

ST:

Hello,

Ok understood you wanted to swap Barry for a regular Tick?

CS

Me:

Yeah. I know Barry is more, but I'd rather take the loss than have to continue to wait for something.

ST (posted last Friday afternoon):

Not a prob we can do that.

Me (posted 43 minutes later):

That's cool. What do I need to do?

*crickets chirping*

Me (today):

Since I'm not getting an answer here, can anyone say what I need to do to just get a refund?

ST:

We are not in the office on the weekend. It is now also the holiday weekend for Thanksgiving. You last stated you wanted the Tick instead of Barry. We said we can do that. Please email sales@shockertoys.com so they can enter your address and get you a tick shipped out. We were giving you a Tick even though they are no longer in stock so it was coming from the CEO's own stock.

Sales

I'm not even going to discuss the fact that this is for the 2010 exclusive they were supposed to have at SDCC in 2010 and aren't clear about it on their site that they still don't have them. I seriously can't believe I have been trying to work something out for something I paid for back in February. I know they are about as bad a company as I can think of, but I didn't realize it could be this bad. I'd think they should be thankful that they actually have customers, especially ones that show more patience than they should. Instead I get a crappy answer defending their lack of customer service.:wacko:

Edited by groundhog7s

"We were giving you a Tick even though they are no longer in stock so it was coming from the CEO's own stock."

See, things like that are why people hate them so much. First there's the "how dare you inconvenience us on a holiday weekend" crap-- even though it's TUESDAY. How long a holiday weekend do you need? Well, I guess when you don't actually make any products, you don't have much work to do. And then there's the complete lack of apology or sympathy. A Shocker staple. But it's that last line that really drives it home. It's entirely unnecessary, other then to say "hey, look what great guys we are. Geoff's dipping into his personal stock of Tick's for this guy. We're the ones that are being put out here, not this ingrate." Such an appalling attitude. I do love the idea that Geoff is a "CEO", though.

Generally, Groundhog, as long as you're nice to these guys, they'll ignore you. It's not until you threaten legal action that you'll see a refund.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd say that after over a month of direct communication with through Shocker's website and e-mails, Iam stil no closer to having any resolve. After all of the incompentence (sometimes I feel like I'm in the sketch Who's On First?), I finally just asked for a refund. I've been told that when they're done restructuring in a few weeks I can get a refund in 5-7 days. I don't have enough eyes to roll over this.

But, I thought I'd share as close to an apology as I think they're offering. It was funny that since I've been posting on their board that there have been several other disgruntled people wanting refunds.

Just when people might have started to think Geoff had been removed from the company they go and spoil it all with such a childish, unprofessional "news" post.

That is going to go on to become an absolute classic in Shocker history.

Once a horrific bunch of scam artists, always a horrific bunch of scam artists, no matter how many "corporate structures" they change.

We here at the new Shocker Toys thank all the fans and collectors for their continued support in these hard and changing times.

So that's New Shocker Toys, how long till we transition to Dark Shocker Toys and Geoff tries to convince us all that he was replaced by a Skrull?