UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Question on the TRU series

magicmilner

I guess I'll try to flesh it out as it's not an easy answer.

The ones with the TRU exclusive sticker will only be sold at TRU and won't be anywhere else. It's highly doubtful that the exclusives may be rereleased but if TRU wanted to, only they can. The Ghostbusters line has a "Best of" series that does the rereleases of TRU exclusives but that may be a special case. DST hasn't been warm to the idea of a "Best of" series to release older Marvel minimate exclusives.

The other non-exclusives may or may not be part of the regular wave. Usually one pack or both packs of the non-exclusives are from a regular wave, but it's not a rule. The somewhat current FF wave non-exclusives probably won't show up anywhere else other than TRU, but DST can place them elsewhere if they wish. Like, they can put that same first appearance Dr. Doom in another boxset. Typically, the wave lineup is announced first and a following TRU wave lineup may have some overlap. But the normal series have been coming out fairly slow and the TRU has been going strong so that's probably why the F4 wave didn't show up in the normal wave release and probably won't.

Confusing, eh?

The ones with the TRU exclusive sticker will only be sold at TRU and won't be anywhere else.

Well, maybe more accurate to say that the ones with the TRU stickers won't be released as those specific 2-packs anywhere else. The figures (possibly with very small changes made) in their exclusive packs are frequently released elsewhere in another format:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i...unisher++Jigsaw

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i...lk++Abomination

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i...ca++AIM+Soldier

It's a pain that they do these TRU exclusives as I wanted to get the FF wave but living in the UK makes it much more difficult to get hold of them

Lukes Toy store The doom and Thing 2 packs them listed if you cant get a hook up through a member on the board.

I did a rough currency conversion and Lukes prices come in roughly just over £7 per TRU FF 2 pack which isnt bad at all. (I used to pay £7.50+ for minimates in the UK from my LCS)

There will be postage on top and I have to say Lukes shipping charges are very very good. Either way you go I sure someone will help you out.

karamazov80 and buttheadsmate are both right. There are exceptions to the rule that make things more confusing. The repacks with the TRU stickers were probably when DST were still figuring things out in the early years and the variations between same figures in TRU and normal releases might be due to factory error.

i'll have a look in the Flea Mrket section and see if anyone can help out finding these sets
Anyway, since this seems to be all about the F4 wave, I'm sure you won't have any troubles with somebody helping you out. Especially those who got a restock of the FF wave instead of the latest TRU wave and need to clear them out. ;)

There are many US members that would only be too happy to help you & I'd be surprised if no-one responded to a request for help.......if you're asking ?

Quoted for truth. groundhog7s helped me get Wave 8 and for that I have been eternally grateful. Always worth asking as so far the people here have been of great help.

• 2 weeks later...