UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Announcements from DST about NYCC

I did this mostly for parts, and Chuck was nice enough to shout over to let me take as long as i wanted. I just wish the other DST guy (as he referred to himself, the "not Minimates" guy of DST) wasn't trying to help. I have minor OCD, and wanted certain parts to at least be symmetrical, a chore in itself (as said, the one-bowl idea was really...really poorly thought-out.) but he just pulled out random parts andwould hand them. I know at one point i did fake that a leg wouldn't fit to get another, but i still culdn't fin a matching one.

In the end, this became fodder. Totally okay with it though; got some great pieces:

Extra Six head (for Emma Frost)

TRU Cap hairpiece for Unmasked "Heroes" Cap (wanted this iece for a LONG time, but not enough to justify buying the set)

Jubilee coat

Betsy Braddock psy-sword (now with Psylocke)

SDCC Translucent Orange arms

Something to note is that the ONLY male-gender head was Unification Spock, while female heads came by the truckload. Also, Hulkbuster, Gamma Hulk, Betsy, and Lockjaw pieces aplenty, but finding them all was way to difficult and not worth it.

You must have done this on Saturday, Two Face, because none of those parts were in the bowl on Friday. Also, sounds like they had a different guy working there, because the guy on Friday was at least very helpful, and knew what he was doing. If you said "I need an X-Men yellow belt", he'd dig around for you while you were looking for other things.

Oh, and I also had the same problem with the heads. I just wanted a nice, generic male head (like the MAX pilot) and there were none to be found. Oh well.

• 1 month later...