UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Hello World

Hello everyone!

My name is Robbie and I've been collecting Minimates on and off since they first came out (I actually have one of the original 3" Captain Kirk figures) but somehow have never found this site before now. I'm really looking forward to taking part in the community and getting to know everyone.

I'm interested in creating customs but don't know much about how to do it. I've read about creating custom decals but I'm not sure what the process is behind that. I'm a graphic designer so I could create art assets all day long but I'm not sure how to actually get them on my mini's where they look professional and polished. Any feedback/insights on that process would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Edited by Robbie

Welcome!

There is a wonderful section of the Multiverse devoted entirely to customizing, you should definitely start there.

You'll see that there are a lot of great customizers (Luke314pi, Boyd, Bob Harras to name a few) and they provide lots of great tips.

To create decals, you need to get your hands on some of the various kinds of decal paper. There are several different kinds, designed for both inkjet and laserjet printers. Depending on the type of printer you use, you will also need to seal the decal with clear coat.

Luke has a great website specifically setup for Minimate customs and decal work:

http://www.minimatefactory.com

Chances are, if there is something you want to do, someone here knows how. If you're not sure, just ask.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :thumbsup:

Edited by youbastards

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I really appreciate it!

Chances are, if there is something you want to do, someone here knows how. If you're not sure, just ask.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! :thumbsup:

I will check out other threads, thanks for the heads-up!

Welcome! Luke also sells some customizing tools for Minimates here:

http://lukestoystore.com/cuto.html

Awesome, thanks so much!

Welcome to the 'verse, Robbie! Always good to see a new customizer around here. I guess the otherones already told you about the most important sites and sections. So I'm really looking forward to see your first creations and don't hesitate to ask questions. All Most A lot Some There sure are people who love to help you out! :P

(blablabla)

You'll see that there are a lot of great customizers (Luke314pi, Boyd, Bob Harras to name a few) and they provide lots of great tips.

:woot: I'm in your personal top 3! :wub: