UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Spidey Musical and Cap Am Movie Info

MiniFiend UK

WHAT is that striped monstrosity in the pic above???? Is that Swarm?

According to the "I'm Channeling Jack Nicholson" Goblin up there that IS Swarm. I... despise every one of these costumes EXCEPT Carnage. Carnage DOES look really really good. The rest are donkey balls awful. Like a bad Halloween party crossed with Disney theme park mascots. Seriously look at that Lizard. It reminds me of a guy in a costume at Disney World. All things considered, someday soon it might BE a guy in a costume at Disney World. How the hell do they expect audiences to take those @$$holes seriously?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And really, does Wolverine have to be everywhere?!? Really?

Two different studios produce the X-Men (Fox)/Avengers (Marvel/Paramount/Universal/Disney) movies, the same reason you won't see Spidey (Sony) make an appearance in Avengers... :down:

Ah, I figured that was the reason but I just wanted to check.

And really, does Wolverine have to be everywhere?!? Really?

Well, he doesn't need to be, but he was at least in the Captain America episode of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes so I wish he could have been in the Cap movie as well. To me, him being there helping Captain America is as important as being in the X-Men.

In fairness, there's only been one recorded adventure Cap and Logan shared in the 616, a dust up in Madripoor involving the Hand, Baron Strucker, and a young Russian child named Natalia. Most of the idea that they were close allies sharing adventures in WW II came from various cartoons going back to the old SABAN X-Men show. And it was added to the Ultimates Unvierse as well. While in the 616 both men served in the "Big War", it was... well... a big war and it's not unreasonable that they never crossed paths again during the conflict especially given how much Cap was moved from mission to mission, never staying anywhere too long.

And... I'm just tired of Wolverine. I liked him on the X-Men, and as a solo guy. But now he seems to be everywhere, in every book. Two X-Men book, the X-Force book, two Avengers books, and a solo title. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns up a member of the Defenders and rejoins the FF too while he's at it. I'm tired of seeing him. I'm tired of Marvel's go to solution for the last 20 years to bring up sales is to add Wolverine. So yes, that bleed through quite a bit in my initial answer I'm afraid.

(I'm also tired of Spidey joining every team, but that's another rant for another time.)

And... I'm just tired of Wolverine. I liked him on the X-Men, and as a solo guy. But now he seems to be everywhere, in every book. Two X-Men book, the X-Force book, two Avengers books, and a solo title. Wouldn't be surprised if he turns up a member of the Defenders and rejoins the FF too while he's at it. I'm tired of seeing him. I'm tired of Marvel's go to solution for the last 20 years to bring up sales is to add Wolverine. So yes, that bleed through quite a bit in my initial answer I'm afraid.

Wolverine was always used as a cheap gimmick to boost sales going back to when I was a youngster, as you say, but my main issue with the new Wolvie is that he seems to join any team that gives him a "come hither" look. Wolverine was a loner that only stayed with the X-Men--a group of outcasts and freaks--begrudgingly, and it always felt like he could leave on a moment's notice because he was never completely comfortable in a team setting, taking orders, etc. Makes no damn sense that he would be on 15 different teams at once, just jumping at the chance to take orders from Cyclops or Iron Man or Cap or whomever.

But despite all that, Wolvie has been a favorite character of mine for, oh, 25-26 years now, and no matter what Marvel tries to do to $*#& with his personality and back-story for the purpose of making a few bucks, he'll probably always be one of my favorites. :thumbsup:

Edited by karamazov80

Is it that Wolverine has changed, or that everyone else has become more like him? The Cyclops I remember reading for years was always disgusted by Logan's violent nature, now he gives out kill orders himself. When it first came about, I said Wolverine was to blood thirsty to be an Avenger, but they have few qualms about permenantly taking out opponents these days. Heck, Hawkeye, Mr. No-Killing himself, the guy who broke up his marriage to Bobbie because Clint could not forgive Mockingbird for letting the man who raped her fall to his death, Hawkeye tried to kill Norman Osborn recently. Oh, don't get me started on that one. Point being, Wolverine fighting against his murderous nature to be more heroic was part of what made Wolverine different. But now, not only has he quit really trying to fight his urges, but it seems everyone else has too. So I guess he no longer feels out of place on teams anymore.

• 9 months later...

Sorry for the thread necro but while in NYC last week I went and saw this show. It's not the worst thing in the world but is far from great. It was one of those things that is almost good but falls just short. The first act is a little boring but it does get better during the second. When I heard that the songs were from Bono and The Edge I was a little excited but unfortunately they were mostly bad. One bright spot is the "webslinging" which is pretty creative and exciting. On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 5.

• 3 months later...