UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Are TRU exclusive Minimates a good thing?

TM2 Dinobot

Are TRU exclusive Minimates a good thing?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Are TRU exclusive Minimates a good thing?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say I think the TRU exclusives are a good thing.

It's been a while since any local store in my area has had minimates available so for me, even if they don't have the mates I'm looking for, I can always get some custom fodder.

I think that the TRU exclusives are a good thing my only problem with them is I am the only person in my area that buys Minimates. It's to the point now that the last time my TRU got Minimates in the employees there called my friend who works there on his day off and asked him to call me and tell me that they had come in so that they would have to put them out on the shelf. No else buys them. Period. I know that some of you think that this is a great problem to have but it's not because anything that I don't buy is just sitting there clogging up the pegs. I went by TRU tonight and when I got back in the car I was complaining to my wife that whenever a case comes in I buy it and 2 weeks later they get 3 cases of whatever I just bought in and by that point most people on the board have already gotten what they need and they just sit on the shelf so it looks like no one is buying them because I don't need 3 cases of everything that comes out. I went on to tell her that it becoming cause for concern because there are at least 50 Minimate 2 packs at my TRU right now. BSG, Ghostbuster, Wolverine Origins, Marvel Wave 5,6,7, Iron Man 2 wave 1 and 2. If my TRU stops getting them I am screwed because there isn't another for at least an hour and a half drive. After hearing me complain about this she said I should go in a buy like 10-15 packs of them and then we can take a trip to a city with another TRU and I can return them there just to get them off my TRU shelf. That's something that I can't do 1. Because it's a hassell and 2. Because what if I'm causing someone the same problem that I am having? Sorry for the blog like post but that's where I am in the world of TRU exclusives. they are both good for me and bad.

over all i think they are a good thing ive looked at the goods and the bads and in the end we are definatly getting more minimates faster and i think that is a great thing and believe me im still missing some of the exclusives .but ill get them eventually i look at it as -this for me will be going on for a long time yet.In the end we are seeing more quicker and that is awsome!!

I like TRU 'Mates and I cannot lie.

All you other boarders can't deny

that when the 'Mates come in, on the shelf space

and that silver sticker in your face,

your money gets spent.

Bah ha ha ha. Post of the week! :P

I don't like it. Putting the exclusives to two each and then putting on that stupid exclusive sticker only invites scalpers. If they put all of the packs at three and put the sticker on all of them, it wouldn't be a problem. Hell, I've seen plenty other exclusives for other toylines in TRUs and they sure didn't have only two per case.

You can make the argument that they're selling, but how many end up on eBay?