UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

3" white blank?

Was there ever a 3" blank white produced that any one knows about? I cant find anything on it. And for blank I mean absolutly no tampos. solid white. the arm and head joints are tan/skin colored. dated 2002 on the feet.

Thanks for your help!

No, there wasn't. The closest you're going to get is the Iron Maiden mummy one. It's kinda a creme color.

I can go even closer, TM2. ;)

The Mugatu, from 3" Star Trek. All blank white except for the hands and head.

close...:)

but mine is solid white everywhere, normal hands and head.

Are we talking a white blank or a flesh colored blank? I always get those confused...:rolleyes:

Solid white....not flesh colored. the only thiong that is flesh colored is the arm and head joint/balls

Sadly you are just confused . Generally.

LOL.

I will try and get a pic up tomorrow.

Edited by Ninja Mate

cats out of the bag, I got this bugger on ebay, from the star trek lady. :)

turns out it was a 3" mate. I thought it was a 2" mate from the pics. its a completely white blank except for the joints at teh arms and head. they are flesh colored. Me thinks its a customized proto.

in the pic i put the top arrow near the neck joint you can see the flesh and the arrow by the arm is some left over plastic not cut off from production I think. These are the pics from the auction.

post-2987-1280427652_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ninja Mate

There was long LONG ago (2002?) a contest.

In this contest various people (AACC members) got blank 3" mates

They used these mates to do various "custom" designs on

In true old fashioned AA style, no one ever won and the contest fell into the void

A few of these have surfaced since, someone on here got the one Nelson X (AA Staffer) did as a sample for the contest.

(My memory is hazy, but Im sure someone else as old as me can back me up)

Yeah, I looked at this one on ebay too and have agree that what Ady said is probably most likely the story behind this one...

The only real info I could dig up as it's dissapeared from most web servers is:

"Art Asylum just announced a full-fledged line of fan-designed

Minimates with the Subcultures brand on it! You ever want to

design your own toy? Well, now's your chance! Art Asylum wants

to support the fans and do something extremely creative in

return. You can't do licensed characters, but other than that it's

only limited by your imagination. Further, any character you

develop will remain your creative property.

Now here's where it gets fun: when you register, you have the

option of choosing the Create-a-Mate PRO. That means you'll be

having me create not one, but TWO original custom Minimates

based on *your* design. One you get to keep, the other goes into

the travelling SubCultures exhibit (which is booked until 2005 at

least!) You ever wanted to get me to make a custom? Well, now

you get me to make whatever you want!

But it gets even better! From all the designs submitted, the top 3

will go on to FULL PRODUCTION. This means Suncoast, Tower

Records, Toys R Us, etc.. Diamond Comics has expressed

interest in distribution as well."

Needless to say there was no full production and the contest just sort of sent quiet, what you have is probably someones entry.

T.

My first thought was this is one of the Create-A-Mate blanks sent to artists. I have pictures of all of the Create-A-Mates in my MMHQ archives gallery. Maybe we will get those uploaded some day.

Some of the entries were purely artistic. I don't recognize this one, but it may have been an artist's draft version or practice version. I remember some of them being absolutely stunning in their detail.

cats out of the bag, I got this bugger on ebay, from the star trek lady. :)

So, you're the one who outbid me? :angry:

Actually, knowing what it is I'm not sure if it's that big of a disappointment, other than owning a piece of Minimate history. I think I'll be much happier with the (probably) fake Enterprise 3" blank I won.

• 2 months later...
There was long LONG ago (2002?) a contest.

In this contest various people (AACC members) got blank 3" mates

They used these mates to do various "custom" designs on

In true old fashioned AA style, no one ever won and the contest fell into the void

A few of these have surfaced since, someone on here got the one Nelson X (AA Staffer) did as a sample for the contest.

(My memory is hazy, but Im sure someone else as old as me can back me up)

Just stumbled across this thread.

I was involved in the Create-a-mates contest, handling create the prototypes based off certain submissions. I honestly don't know why the pieces were never produced, but I did use several 3" white blanks for the pieces.

I think most of the ones I had eventually got primed and painted, but I might have some still in the studio. Are they more rare than your usual blank?

Matt

aka Iron-Cow

I have no idea but I'm probably the most interested amongst those that are interested in what you have in your studio :P

I definitely have a ton of goodies (prototypes, test shots, etc). One of these days I'll try to catalogue it and get it up on my site. It's fun seeing all the behind-the-scenes pieces.

I have no idea but I'm probably the most interested amongst those that are interested in what you have in your studio :P

Don't let him fool you, when it comes to blanks, I'm the most interested! ;) As a side note, I even own a Create-A-Mate.

• 4 months later...

Don't let him fool you, when it comes to blanks, I'm the most interested! ;) As a side note, I even own a Create-A-Mate.

I have a majority of the Create A Mates I believe. They were given to me to display in my Minimates collection. I've not done that. They have remained in the box I was given them in with the exception of looking at them once a year for the few years I've had them. I'm certain I have a few of those white 3" minimates as well. I will do some more digging. My plan is to finally ebay virtually all the toys I have and get them into good homes that will actually display them instead of letting them be trapped in a box forever. Plus, I'm moving oversees and prefer not to lug all this stuff with me. I still have other responsibilities here in New York, but my goal is to have at least 5 new items up a day. This will be a mixture of Minimates, statues, figures, etc. Most items will start at .99 cents. I will do my best to get this stuff listed and available to all of you.

Take care,

Jaycen