UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2010 Minimates panel

Just announced today - the annual San Diego Minimate panel:

Saturday, July 24th:

2:30-3:30 Diamond Select Toys Presents: Minimates!— See the exciting new direction that Diamond Select is taking Minimates, with an in-depth look at new lines such as MAX (Mobile Action X-treme), Calico Jack Pirate Raiders, and Halo! These new lines offer a playability feature that will take the Minimates brand to a whole new level and put them in a league of their own! Plus, get the latest new on continuing lines like Marvel, Ghostbusters, and more. Learn all about the #1 block figure in the world! Room 4

Calico Jack Pirate Raiders? Awful fancy name...

Edited by boyd

Can't wait to see all the new things{Well on the internet atleast},I hope that they are gonna announce something BIG.I really wanna see some new stuff from the max line,especially those robots that the mini mates go in.Anybody know what timezone these time are in?

Edited by darkredshdow

I hope they put this on youtube like they did for C2E2( i think that was the one...) but i hope they do annouce somthing big as well.

I hope they put this on youtube like they did for C2E2( i think that was the one...) but i hope they do annouce somthing big as well.

Yea thepopculturenetwork posted the C2E2 footage of the press confresnce.I am pretty sure They did record some footage SDCC last year,So I am hoping that they will post some footage.If so I will post here that they posted footage.

Calico Jack Pirate Raiders? Awful fancy name...

And also a real person.

Wow, DST actually took the historical domain route for a Minimate. :ohmy:

By the way the blurb is phrased, it certainly does make it out to look like the Pirates and MAX Minimates are a sure bet for the future. I only hope this translates to international distribution too. Hey, if mainstream stores here can carry Mega Bloks and Marvel Select, then why not more little block pirates?

Also, I'm starting to get confused. Are MAX and Elite Heroes two completely different lines or something?

And also a real person.

Wow, DST actually took the historical domain route for a Minimate. :ohmy:

Wow, interesting. Thanks for the link, NR.

I'm assuming that if Diamond feels confident enough to talk about their MAX & Calico Jack lines, then they have probably lined up a buyer for them. Perhaps TRU, with their new dedicated Minimates section?

I can't make it there myself, what with inter-continental flights being priced so highly, but i do hope we'll see a whole bunch of Marvel announcements too and not just just the Pirates & MAX stuff. It'd be awesome to see designs and proto's for some Marvel Minimates that haven't already been announced.

Edited by Nessex