UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How long is too long...

AdyCarter

Let me tell you all a story...

As you know I used to admin the AA boards, now long, long ago I was told some prototypes were coming my way as a thank you (see attached pic)....

Now I was told this back in February.... Then the package was delayed and all manor of wonderful excuses including:

Incorrect postage

Lost my address

Shipping account change

Shipping account cancelled

And so forth, now almost 8 months later I still dont have these items, and the person responsible for the items (who actually has them!) has blocked me on MSN (apparently its technical difficulties - seems MSN 8.1 blocks all people called adycarter...)

So theres no real point to this post, other than I feel like ranting at the AA board staff, one paticular person in paticular..

AATrekcollector/Asylumdude/Brandon LeBlanc take a bow, you have made the list...

So yeah this point is pointless, but I'm increasingly f**ked off with this, they cant even honor their promises, let alone run contests and a forum.

Boycot anyone? or should we just all go spam "Send Ady the Prototypes" all over their boards?

So yeah this point is pointless, but I'm increasingly f**ked off with this, they cant even honor their promises, let alone run contests and a forum.

Boycot anyone? or should we just all go spam "Send Ady the Prototypes" all over their boards?

No, they certainly can't keep to their word, which is why I think so many of us are frustrated with them and their practices. And running contests seem difficult if not impossible for them to complete. If they can't be bothered to finish things they simply shouldn't start.

I think a Spam Attack is in order. I'd love to hear what they have to say.

But yeah, that's bogus Ady, especially after all of the work you did. $10 says there on Brandon's shelf as we speak...

It's been a long time since they have done anything right. I was a promised logoless blank from him and never got it.

This is total crap. Ady and some of the dedicated staff ran the place with nothing in return. Not sure what AA is thinking when they put someone like him in charge. Apparently he is the only one left from the last regime and AA is f***ing blind when it comes to who they trust with the bad and unethical practices that occur. You just know he is either a cheap bastard or he wants to keep'em for himself. That's proably what he has done, have people do all the work and keep all the goods AA maybe supplying for himself.

Let's go full assault.

$10 says there on Brandon's shelf as we speak...

$20 says they will find their way to an ebay auction (ala: Palisade's protos.)!! Their promises are meaningless and without shame. Good-Luck with that.

Hmm, well it would seem like a spam attack would have been overkill. It seems a gentle spam nudge and things are moving or so they seem. It would be nice if these protos made it to Ady as promised.

Erm Would anyone notice a boycott?? Especially the staff? It's like a ghost town over there...

No kidding. And why are the mods never around? Although I suppose I wouldn't be around if I had some sweet prototypes to play with either...

Why do I suddenly get the thought of you all marching around with weapons in your hands too TNT, storming the AA boards?

Erm yeah, shame on you AA!!! All though I am buying things from DST rather than you, and they really should withhold there ideals and contracts if established and as others have said above it reflects badly not only themselves but those around them.

cheers,

Totalus

In Brandon's defense (I know, I know, I'm always doing the unpopular thing...) he did offer me a couple of white blanks 'for my honesty' way back when on the AA forums. I did eventually get them, so at least in my case, he did come thru on what he said he was going to do.

Ady - if you want one, pm me and it's yours. I know it won't make up for the missing prototypes, but it's the best I can do.

Did everyone eventually receive their Member of the Month awards too?

Yes, but that was sort of indirect too, I won in October but as nothing was forthcoming until the last winner (Mar/April? - well there was 4 of them with a gap at some point.)

So I talked B. into sending me a few blank white minimates so I could make them into something a little more unique (A la the bomb thing). Instead of the white blanks people got a very limited TBT MoTM Custom.

T.

In Brandon's defense (I know, I know, I'm always doing the unpopular thing...) he did offer me a couple of white blanks 'for my honesty' way back when on the AA forums. I did eventually get them, so at least in my case, he did come thru on what he said he was going to do.

Ady - if you want one, pm me and it's yours. I know it won't make up for the missing prototypes, but it's the best I can do.

Im glad someone got something :P I'll keep that offer in mind mate, much appreciated.

Did everyone eventually receive their Member of the Month awards too?

Yes, but that was sort of indirect too, I won in October but as nothing was forthcoming until the last winner (Mar/April? - well there was 4 of them with a gap at some point.)

So I talked B. into sending me a few blank white minimates so I could make them into something a little more unique (A la the bomb thing). Instead of the white blanks people got a very limited TBT MoTM Custom.

T.

Gah don't remind me about MotM... It was Brandons idea, and I even pulled it at one point as he was nigh incapable of sending out prizes (hence the gap month), He swanned in announced we were running MotM then left me to deal with it and take the flack while he didnt send stuff out, untill finally TBT got it kinda sorted (still its wrong in my opinion that the first MotM ended up making the bloody prizes :P)

(still its wrong in my opinion that the first MotM ended up making the bloody prizes :P)

Congratulations on winning! Now get to work! That's like winning a vacation to a coal mine and being handed a shovel when you arrive. Still, had Timbo not stepped up to do that, the few of you who were bestowed as MotM would have never gotten anything. No wonder its a ghost town over there. At least we flip each other the occassional bird to keep things fresh over here.

Also, glad we could get the ball rolling on Ady's denied promise. Not sure where it'll end up, but at least its moving, right?

To be fair I wasn't press-ganged into the MotM thing, it was my suggestion to B. that we did something other than the blanks as I knew he was more likely to ship to one person and let me make the efforts to ship them to various winners... He just does not get his shit together with sending stuff.

It seems it's a lack of effort or care more than anything else...

T.

Uggh, Ady you know I know how you feel. I bugged the crap out of Brandon and gang to see if they could get some of the flyers/ads/posters etc (you know the ones they hand out all over the place at the toyfairs) and other promo stuff that I could scan to put into the lists. Maybe one of these days <_<

• 3 weeks later...