UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The A-Team

minimadman

I just got home from seeing The A-Team and man did I have a good time. I remember being a kid a watching the show and loving it. I don't dare watch it now for fear of ruining to good memories. My wife and I were at Toys R Us and I saw The A-team van and it took me right back to the good old days. I think that I loved the idea of the A-team more than the actual show but I digress. The movie is very fun and enjoyable because it was expertly cast. Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper, Rampage Jackson and accidental movie star Sharlto Copley. There is a boat load of action and the dialog is very crisp. Joe Carnahan has yet to disappoint and I am definitely going to see this again. It has also unseated Iron Man 2 as my favorite movie of the summer so far. Fans of the show should stay until after the credits.

I'm glad to hear good things about this movie. Like you minimadman, I grew up watching the A-Team and had lots of fond memories of the show as a kid. One question, is the Aquamaniac in this movie? ;) A group of us are going to check it out Friday night and I hope I enjoy it as much as you did.

that is great to hear like alot of others i grew up with the A-Team and im nervus about this movie but im going this weekend im glad im hearing good things

I'm looking forward to renting this one. Loved the show as a kid. The guys playing Murdoch and BA were on Monday Night Raw this week promoting the movie. It was pretty dang funny, actually. The Million Dollar Man's son kidnapped BA, tied him up, and Roddy Piper showed up to get revenge for what BA (Mr. T) did to him at the first Wrestlemania. Sharlto kept slipping in and out of character, speaking with an American and then a South African accent, like he was really nuts. He was really getting into it, which was nice. It would be easy for folks showing up on a pro wrestling show to give a half-assed performance.

Edited by karamazov80

I wish I still had my a-team van from the 80s

Me too.The one that I saw at TRU will probably be bought to help fill the void.

I loved the A-Team as a kid and can't wait to see the movie!

I read Mr. T doesn't approve (too much sex & violence) and Dirk Benedict was salty that his cameo was only a few seconds long...

Since the cat is out of the bag, in order to see that very brief cameo you must stay until after the credits. To be fair there is a lot of insinuation of sex but no actual sex and the violence is not graphic at all, with one possible exception, it's all done in close ups and quick cuts so it's very frenetic.

I pity the fool who disagrees with Mr. T, but I keep in mind that he's alawys been a pretty family friendly guy so I can't do much but to see it and hope he's misproven. I do love Mr. T though. As for anybody who didn't know about this already go check out Mr. T's Flavorwave Oven. It is made of win.

I just saw the A-Team last night and must concur.... THIS IS A GREAT MOVIE!!! Although it's origin is updated to suit today's timeline, it's still great to see how the team came together. A must see for any adrenaline junkie. 5 stars.

I just got back from it. Loved it completely. The acting (especially Neeson's Hannibal and Copely's Murdock) was phenominal. And it was fun to see Nite Owl on the screen again. Made for a really funny character ("Phone or gun, just pick one! Look, put the gun down."). Personally I'm looking forward to more adventures of the A-Team and I hope they don't consider it a failure because of the juggernaut that The Karate Kid is so far (packed house, literally. To the point where families had to get tickets changed because of lack of seats together. And not 7 kids families. I mean 4 people families.). I'll see Karate Kid tomorrow probably (unless I decide to wait to avoid the MASSIVE crowds) and I'll tell you how it compares. But the A-Team... it'll be hard to top that. Those who went to Karate Kid missed out on probably my favorite action movie of the year. I still liked Kick-Ass a bit more (that's my favorite movie of the year so far, ripe and ready to be taken down by Toy Story 3 or Inception.) but The A-Team is a must see. Absolutely amazing film.

I watched the movie today,I like it.The best part was the ending,even though it is not realistic who cares?it's the A-team!I loved the part when face was

moving the crates to and the fire works where flying and b.a was controlling the cars to distract the bad guy from stealing the case.

The one part I thought was kinda dumb was when

murdock had the ketchup helmet on and the bad guy actully believed he killed him by seeing the blood fly?you would think a person can tell the diffrence between blood and ketchup!

EDIT:Trekker42 my theater had 2 sold out showings today,and me theater is not even big!Personally I do not even know why everyone wants to see it.Sure the original was good but if seeing the trailer make me bored then how will I survive 139 minutes of it?And by the way the ateam only had me,my 2 friends and 6 other people in theater,I am serious 6 people,I counted!I thought it would be packed being such a great show in the 1980's.{Well I am not sure if it was big in the 80's but I watched allot of re runs.

Edited by darkredshdow

I watched the movie today,I like it.The best part was the ending,even though it is not realistic who cares?it's the A-team!I loved the part when face was

moving the crates to and the fire works where flying and b.a was controlling the cars to distract the bad guy from stealing the case.

The one part I thought was kinda dumb was when

murdock had the ketchup helmet on and the bad guy actully believed he killed him by seeing the blood fly?you would think a person can tell the diffrence between blood and ketchup!

EDIT:Trekker42 my theater had 2 sold out showings today,and me theater is not even big!Personally I do not even know why everyone wants to see it.Sure the original was good but if seeing the trailer make me bored then how will I survive 139 minutes of it?And by the way the ateam only had me,my 2 friends and 6 other people in theater,I am serious 6 people,I counted!I thought it would be packed being such a great show in the 1980's.{Well I am not sure if it was big in the 80's but I watched allot of re runs.

It WAS big if my parents are accurate. I think the theater I was in had 15 people tops. Karate Kid was just completely blowing it away. However Karate Kid was marketed as a kids movie. And you know how those kids movies take over the box office, the little scamps. Shrek was #1 for the past two weeks because of it. And Karate Kid is going to come in #1 now because of it. And Toy Story 3 is going to be #1 next week but probably deserves it because it's Pixar.

I saw the Karate Kid remake the other day and it was ok. Jaden Smith is still a little awkward as an actor and Taraji Henson is playing her role like it's a cliche. The movie is very long and follows the original story very close. The kung fu that is used in this one is very cool to watch and the bad guy ( which is weird saying guy because the kid is 12) is a total bad ass. The coolest part for me was getting to see the different parts of China, which you don't get to see alot. All in all it's ok but it is not the good time you will have watching the A-Team.

I saw the Karate Kid remake the other day and it was ok. Jaden Smith is still a little awkward as an actor and Taraji Henson is playing her role like it's a cliche. The movie is very long and follows the original story very close. The kung fu that is used in this one is very cool to watch and the bad guy ( which is weird saying guy because the kid is 12) is a total bad ass. The coolest part for me was getting to see the different parts of China, which you don't get to see alot. All in all it's ok but it is not the good time you will have watching the A-Team.

My opinion is very close to this. I highly enjoyed the movie, but the A-Team was just so much... better. However I have a feeling that if I had seen the original Karate Kid I would not be as much of a fan of this one as I was.

Though the movies are quite a bit different in scope and story. It's like comparing X-Men to Rocky. But between the two movies I would go see A-Team in theaters again.

In fact, I probably AM going to see A-Team again. Or just hold off for Toy Story 3. I dunno.