UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Superhero Catoons On The Horizon

So Disney?marvel have announced their first cartoon series based around the Ultimate Spidey universe. http://www.newsarama.com/tv/Ultimate-Spide...ies-100413.html

Yay for a new Spidey cartoon as I was a fan of the Spectacular Spidey series when I caught it on TV, but I do have a few misgivings about this Disney/Marvel one. I really liked the Liongate Ultimate Avenger movies as they where very close to source and also very gritty and a little bit more mature then what had gone before superhero cartoon wise.

But I do fear that a Spidey cartoon for a Disney Channel just wont be up there on those terms, but I think its a good idea for Disney/Marvel to choose the Ultimate stuff as it allows a reboot and new styles etc to come across. A bit like what was done for the CGI Spidey Cartoon I think MTV did. Anyway I will wait and see.

Also Cartoon Network have announced A Young Justice Cartoon. http://www.newsarama.com/tv/Cartoon-Networ...010-100422.html

Not Much Known at moment but I hope its not in the style of the Teen Titans Cartoon and going by he image it looks a bit more straight and not as cartoony as that.

Great - They are cutting the new X-Men cartoon after one season, but we are getting ANOTHER Spiderman cartoon.

No disrespect meant to Spidey fans, as i'm sure this is exciting news for you, but this really p!sses me off!

Despite the Wolverine saturation, WATXM was a decent toon with a great balance between classic story arc and shaking things up. AND the second season was set to focus on the Age of Apocalypse. (WIN).

Where do they get the money for two new titles after not being able to fund X-Men?

rant over.

I really liked Spectacular Spiderman, I wish they would just continue that instead of revamping a spidey cartoon a year later. That doesn't even make sense to me.

I never got into WATXM, but that's because I only saw the first 3 episodes because they were free on demand. Now, If someone could point me to a place to watch the season online.... :D

I really liked Spectacular Spiderman, I wish they would just continue that instead of revamping a spidey cartoon a year later. That doesn't even make sense to me.

This. I REALLY loved Spec Spidey. it was shaping up to be the definitive version. This Hub POS has ruined many many shows. Spidey, Animated, a few other CN or Disney based shows

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Great - They are cutting the new X-Men cartoon after one season, but we are getting ANOTHER Spiderman cartoon.

No disrespect meant to Spidey fans, as i'm sure this is exciting news for you, but this really p!sses me off!

Despite the Wolverine saturation, WATXM was a decent toon with a great balance between classic story arc and shaking things up. AND the second season was set to focus on the Age of Apocalypse. (WIN).

Where do they get the money for two new titles after not being able to fund X-Men?

rant over.

The new cartoons are two different companies not both are being produced by Disney.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a new X-men cartoon in the future and the near future at that, it is too big a property for them not to cash in on. I would say that its Spidey first as he is still the flagship character of Mavel.

As for where did they get the money Disney is the worlds biggest media company, money was never going to be a problem.

• 1 month later...

I think Spidey fans are just as pissed off that they're axing the best Spidey cartoon in 30 years for this new one, and that's after only two seasons. Like in Wolverine, there was clearly a mutli-year story arc in progress. :(

I think Spidey fans are just as pissed off that they're axing the best Spidey cartoon in 30 years for this new one, and that's after only two seasons. Like in Wolverine, there was clearly a mutli-year story arc in progress. :(

I agree. I feel the same way - I feel that we were cheated of a good third season, as well as a fantastic story arc progression/conclusion. Still pains me how Hobgoblin and Scorpion would have been in Season 3.

Marvel in all their "genius" dumped the best Spider-man cartoon EVER for a new one.

Agreed. I don't know the details behind it, but canceling

was the worst decision ever made in the history of existence.

• 4 months later...

First episode of Young Justice showed on Friday. Anybody else see it? I thought it was pretty good, and has some potential. I'm glad that they aren't really targeting pre-pubescents like they did with Teen Titans. Seems a bit odd to make Robin and Kid Flash 13-14 year olds while making Aqualad an older teen. I was extremely happy to see Speedy, but bummed that he won't be a regular team member. He seemed even older than Aqualad. Apparently he will become Red Arrow shortly, so I'm curious to see where that goes.

i watched it. i liked it. the animation style seemed like it was a spin-off of crisis on infinite earths. the choice of aqualad being the blackmantas son version was....understandable. i really liked the end scene with all the memebers of the JLA. i do hope they fight real villians and not just stuff made for the show.

i watched it. i liked it. the animation style seemed like it was a spin-off of crisis on infinite earths. the choice of aqualad being the blackmantas son version was....understandable. i really liked the end scene with all the memebers of the JLA. i do hope they fight real villians and not just stuff made for the show.

Not like it was made up.

In Brightest Day, it's revealed Mera had an affair (or something along those lines) with Manta, spawning the new Aqualad.

"The more you know..." :thumbsup:

And, OH CRAP. I missed this. Well...oops.

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

Not like it was made up.

In Brightest Day, it's revealed Mera had an affair (or something along those lines) with Manta, spawning the new Aqualad.

"The more you know..." :thumbsup:

And, OH CRAP. I missed this. Well...oops.

didn't know this, had to cut Brightest Day due to financial reasons... Mera is certainly coming across as a bit of a bitch in that comic though... damn

I've watched the show twice now and it should make for an interesting series. I've enjoyed most of DC cartoon movies of recent and this really felt like one of those. I wish Marvel could figure out how to make a successful cartoon movie/TV show.

Edited by groundhog7s

I'm making a distinction between successful and good. I've liked the last few Marvel cartoons, but I just wish I didn't have to watch them on DVD (which is where I'll have to watch Avengers). No matter how good something is, if you put it on a channel that most people don't get your're only able to be so successful.

rant over.

I think they had to end it considering

Magneto reprogrammed the Sentinels with his powers.

Or they're stupid, idk. I liked it.

I just saw the first episode (or two episodes since they aired them as one) of Young Justice the other day, it was pretty good.

I like Garth because he is Aqualad. Not sure who this new guy is. I'm curious to know who this Robin and Kid Flash are, as well, since there have been more than one version of each in the comics. If Robin isn't Dick, then is Nightwing going to play some role in the show? Is adult Flash Wally West or Barry Allen (I'm guessing the former based on what little we saw of his personality, but who knows?).