UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What are your Marvel troop building habits?

groundhog7s

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

They may not be for everyone, but the Thor army builder sets came up recently in another thread. I mixed and matched parts on Frost Giants to get a pretty good army. I've got some weapons on the way from brick forge to outfit these guys. Laufey has one of the waist riser parts to make him a more kingly height. I'm pretty happy with this little army.

IMG_20120111_204227-1.jpg

My main beef with the Frost Giants, like the Sentinels before them, is the height. I know, I know, design thing, 2" size restriction, I get it, I do. And even in the movie they only looked about 8'-9' on average, so the mates aren't that out of scale for what they were suppossed to be. But when I think Frost Giant, I'm thinking big 16'-18' foot range at least. These guys were more Ice Aboriganese than Frost Giant and that's not DST's fault. Still don't care for them. YMMV.

Yeah, the Destroyer is a visually cool looking 'mate, but scale-wise, he's really off. My main beef with the FGs is their lack of weapons. Accepting the scale issues, etc, I think the 'mates are fine, just wish they had weapons.

Only army builder I have more than one of is Helfire Club goons. I needed 2 of them to flank Jean. Rest of the builders I try to trade or sell.

I like to have two of each, to flank the leader. Super Skrull has minions. When MODOK arrives hell have two bee keepers. I have two Kree waiting on a Ronan the Accuser. My poor custom Von Strucker only has one HYDRA Agent to boss around though and Doom, but one Doombot to guard him. Now if you want to talk Cylons, I have at least 15 of those guys.

I try to get at least 4 of every army builder. The only ones that I have not gotten 4 of yet are the past 2 releases (Stone Men / Nimrod)

I have about 16 Hydra minimates, 16 Shield Agents, 14 AIM , 12 Skrull, 11 Kree, 11 Multiplemen, 11 Hell Fire Guards, 8 Atlantians, 6 Omacs and all with accessories complete. I had to get them all hunting on ebay. I also bought a case of IM2 Drones, Thor Movie Army Dump Case and Cap America Hydra army case from Luke's Toy Store. I also have too many Cylons and Terminator Endo skeletons to currently dg out and count.

When they all line up on a table with those foot stands, I am a happy collector.

Edited by highassroller