UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

dockingbay97 New York Toy Fair Battle Beast Pics

Hey there - sorry to start another Battle Beast thread but there was a request for pics from me and I didn't want them lost in the 10+ page thread. I hope no one is offended.

Anyway on with the show:

First a couple in and out of package shots

battlebeast02272010a.jpg

battlebeast02272010b.jpg

Next some more out of package pics

battlebeast02272010c.jpg

battlebeast02272010d.jpg

battlebeast02272010e.jpg

battlebeast02272010f.jpg

Now a side by side by side comparison with a Battle Beast and another Minimate

battlebeast02272010g.jpg

At first I thought this was Battle Beast #15 Grusome Gator but now I am leaning towards Laser Beast #112 Dino Gator - I just didn't even think about that one until I pulled them out for the pics.

battlebeast02272010h.jpg

And finally just a goofy pic for some fun

battlebeast02272010i.jpg

The figure is a little cumbersome with all the add attachments to the green blank but I couldn't be happier for the return of the Battle Beasts!!!

Edited by dockingbay97

Great Pics docking!

Looks like this ones going to be damn hard to get a hold of for people who didn't make the convention, so thanx for sharing with us. Much appreciated.

Edited by Nessex

battlebeast02272010h.jpg

Thanks for the pics. He does look more like a nod to the Laser Beast figure. And based on the above pic, I think the Reprolabel replacement rub hologram will fit just fine on the Minimate's extended chest piece.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, with all the sculpted parts there isn't much there that screams "Minimate." Personally, my interest is probably more due to nostalgia for the older toys than the fact that it is a new Minimate license. I guess that's a predator-like shoulder cannon?

Thanks dockingbay! I don't mind you starting a new thread, the more convenient navigation and new comparison shots are much appreciated :thumbsup:

I'm not too bothered by the gator mate's bulkiness and concessions in articulation - if anything that just makes them slightly closer to the "source material" in execution - though I am with you in anticipating more figures done in this style to get a better feel for the line.

I will admit to being intrigued by this photo:

battlebeast02272010i.jpg

I remember sylvain mentioning something about the vehicles the old Battle Beasts line had, and wondering if there was a possibility of the Minimates bringing those back too.

My speculation - and only my speculation - is that since DST is making generic vehicles for their Minimates, why wouldn't they do the same for these if the line progresses? I guess also making an assumption the other vehicles sell well as well.

That's not just your speculation ....check out one of those 10+ pages threads ;)

Great pictures .Thankyou.

My 'speculation' is that the final line will differ considerably from this item ....the head especially.

I've always enjoyed the amount of quality DST has put into their minimates line, but I'd honestly like to see them make these a little more like minimates than Battle Beasts, if that makes any sense.

THAT being said, the rub on the chest piece would be pretty cool... *shot

Yeah, I think that's where it has to go. I think it could still work, though, based on Dockingbay's pics. I was initially worried that they would be too big, but they are pretty small.