UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic Style Crimson Dynamo?

jjbrwesq

I would personally classify Marvel characters in one of three categories: A-listers, B-listers, and C-listers. As such, it isn't a grading scale with only a very select few being A or F listers, but then, maybe my scale is different from others.

If you consider only the absolute biggest, most popular characters to be A-listers, then it would be an extremely short list. Probably of the following:

-Wolverine

-Spiderman

-Hulk

-Iron Man

-Fantastic Four

and maybe Captain America (did he ever have multiple books at once? He only had sporadic exposure in cartoons and some extremely crappy "movies." I only list Iron Man because of the success of the recent film)

So B-listers would include:

-Thor

-Daredevil

-Ant-Man

-Punisher

-Ghostrider

-Dr. Strange

-etc.

C-listers would include guys like Speedball, the black Goliath, Paladin, Grizzly, etc.

I think everyone can agree--for the most part--on a list of C-listers, but I would personally lump the more well-known Avengers (Thor, Ant-Man, Wasp), X-men (Professor X, Cyclops, Jean Grey, Magneto) and some select others (Daredevil, Punisher, Ghostrider) into the "A-list," because they are known to many casual fans, may have have had exposure in non-comic media, have been around awhile (demonstrating staying power), and are or have been pretty important to the Marvel U in one way or another (possibly Galactus).

My B-list would include guys like Black Panther, Gambit, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, the Inhumans, Adam Warlock, and a huge chunk of others who are somewhat lesser known or less iconic than the "A-listers," but who certainly are known to most comic fans and should never be associated with, say, Man-Wolf.

Edited by karamazov80

TM2, look at the reissue standpoint from say a collector who started collecting last year when minimates came to TRU. He/she wants a Daredevil to go with his collection. Should he/she really have to pay this much for one, considering it's the only one on ebay?

The Marvel Knights Daredevil & Ghost Rider were short-packed I believe ( almost certain) & have been rare on ebay since day one. They were both completely unique figures,never seen before in their particular forms & 'Daredevil' is perfect . To be honest Daredevil's classic red costume depicted in the initial Minimate Wave isn't great but what can you do with it ? It's red,all red,red with red ..... & has DD on the front :blush: I realise that we need re-vamped characters but I do not feel it is relevant just because older classics are supposedly unobtainable & ultra expensive. Should we have another Deadpool pack or Silver Angel pack re-issued for the same reason when they were both readily available for pre-order & retail a few months ago. TRU releases & their availability is a different issue & one we've debated in the 'sucks' thread.

Deadpool pack or a GR/DD Target pack? ........I know which is the rarer & it ain't Deadpool.

Comic Style Crimson Dynamo would be most welcome as are the Wave 36 announcements of the Mandarin etc. :D

The 'B' listers ? For me Captain America would have been firmly in that group for my entire comic -reading life ....until the latest run which has made him an A-lister . Each of us will have a supposed B-lister that we consider 'A ' .

It is about time we got an Iron Man comic wave. I'm guessing the strategy here will be similar to the one when wave 28 (Wolverine comic wave) was released around the time of the Wolverine Origins film (and the film Minimates) for maximum exposure.

It is about time we got an Iron Man comic wave. I'm guessing the strategy here will be similar to the one when wave 28 (Wolverine comic wave) was released around the time of the Wolverine Origins film (and the film Minimates) for maximum exposure.

Probably true... so I'm looking forward to next year's THOR wave and boxed set(s)!

Probably true... so I'm looking forward to next year's THOR wave and boxed set(s)!

yeah, come on warriors three and sif!

He had a movie based off of him, has been around since the early days of Marvel, and was among the first wave of Minimates ever made. After Spidey, Hulk, and Punisher, he's probably the most well known "solo" Marvel character there is. That's a b-lister? Sure, he isn't Wolverine, but damn.

If I had to guess, he'd be higher than Punisher on the list. After all, more people saw Daredevil than probably both Punishers combined. Yeah he's less than Spidey, less than Hulk, but I think he's above Punisher and Punisher is just SLIGHTLY above Ghost Rider. If at all. Now I'm curious... looks like I'll have to do a study at my school.

Deadpool is an incredibly popular character with a vastly growing fan-base, but I honestly think long time fans such as myself can only take so much more milking of his character til we become unfaithful. I'm already beginning to find myself a bit turned off(don't be nasty, you know what I mean) from his character due to his spiking popularity and most of his comics are total shit, especially Suicide Kings, nearly all Team-Ups, and the more recent issues of Merc with a Mouth.

The self titled Deadpool series is the only thing I consider true-canon because it's the only one that's remained a good read. In the end, I think Deadpool is more of a trend who will eventually pass, just like Lobo, Carnage, T-Bolts, and other villains/anti-heroes were.

Edited by McDurg

I would say the chances of a movie Thor wave/boxset is very high, given the other Minimates we have from movies so far.

I would say the chances of a movie Thor wave/boxset is very high, given the other Minimates we have from movies so far.

Wrecking Crew Boxed set. Everything else would be gravy. (course I likes gravy)

My dream has come true once again. Stilt Man!!! :lol: We just need another version of Titanium Man. I'm just saying you cant go wrong with another Titanium Man. I think I'll be getting three sets of these. Just beautiful. Those stilts look like their multiple pieces. Four on each leg.

Edited by rx78jj

It's a catch 22... I am tickeled to get Stilt Man, he was so low on my list of expected figures that he's a genuine pleasant surprise. On the otherhand, he's barely an Iron Man villain. I mean, I think Stilt Man has fought Thor more often. (yeah, you heard me right) But poor Stilts had the bad luck of buying armor upgrade designs from Justin Hammer, who in turn had stolen the tech from Stark. This placed poor Stilt Man, defeated at various points by cockroaches or spilled lard, on Iron Man's list of skidplates to be kicked for stealing Stark's tech during the Armor Wars.

So over guys with a better claims to being in Iron Man's rogues gallery like Unicorn or Blacklash, we get Stilt Man.

But it's frellin' Stilt Man, so how can I complain about that... and yet...

head... hurts... :blink:

Dude. Stilt-Man! Who cares if he's only a tangent to true IM villainy? Daredevil can't hold his own wave, so I'm happy they were able to sneak him in an IM wave.

But yes, I can think of a dozen more IM villains I still really want...

Blacklash, Beetle, Blizzard, Constrictor, Ghost, Ultimo, Fin Fang Foom (somehow?), Madame Masque, Unicorn, MODOK (also somehow?), Dreadknight and Arsenal all come to mind.

Think maybe one of Stilt-Man's leg segments will be packed in with each 2 pack of this wave ala BaF's?

Nah, I think they can fit them all in one tray like they did with Archangel and Death Archangel's wings. It would be kinda weird army building legs XD *imagines Donkey Kong music* how high can you go?