UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

RamenBox

TM2 Dinobot

www.ramenbox.com

Seems pretty simple. You select the box you want, 20 or 40 count, and then fill it up with import noodles. Some of them look questionable, some of them wonderful, all look delicious. I love trying new and exotic foods. They're having a $5 off sale right now, so the 20 count is $19.99 and the 40 count is $34.99. There's a coupon "toplessrobot" that takes an extra $10 off. That means for $25 you can get every noodle in the store and then some. I can't wait to try it!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Ooh! Ooh! Can we make this the official "Broke Collector Gourmet" thread?

I remain partial to Lucky Me! Pancit Canton, being the unabashed criminally-malnourished city girl that I am.

I also recommend single-serve soda crackers and your regular workplace's* water cooler.

*In the event that you are unemployed, the water cooler of the nearest workplace will also suffice. :P

Well my comfort food is hot dogs. I don't even cook them really. I'll microwave them or eat them raw. I just love the way they taste and the security of know exactly what's inside every time I bite into one... oh, wait. :P

What is a 'soda cracker' NR?

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Don't underestimate the value of good ol' Peanut Butter and Jelly samwiches. You can get bread for $2 or so if you buy the discount brand. Best to buy peanut butter and jelly in industrial sizes if at all possible, to save on the price per once. Borrow a friend's Sam's card. You can eat on this for a week for around $10.

If you really want to treat yourself, spend the extra $3-4 on some mustard and soon-to-expire and thus marked down bologna.

Then, you can mix and match, so you don't get bored! Bologna and jelly sandwich today, mustard and peanut butter tomorrow, etc.

What is a 'soda cracker' NR?

Saltines. Dangit, and I thought "soda crackers" would be the more universally-recognized term. :pinch:

I just realized how broke-friendly our local cuisine is in hindsight. No wonder we have so many collectors here.

P.S. By any chance you're not dating anyone, are you Dinobot?

Edited by NorthRaider

I had no idea WTF this was about until I realised we were talking Pot-F*cking-Noodles :lol::sick:

Your diet explains a great deal TM2 :sad:

I think that just calling ramen pot noodles is not doing them justice BHM, Yes they are starchy and full of sodium BUT no where near as toxic as potnoodles, in fact I'd go so far as to say some of the Ramen are actually pretty good if you need a quick fill me up!

My cheap and cheerful comfort food used to be beans on toast when I lived in the UK, splash on a bit of lea and perrins and you're golden IMO!

T.

p.s. According to a Japanese poll in the year 2000, Instant Noodles were the most important Japanese invention of the century. Karaoke came second, with the Compact Disc only coming in fifth.

We need some minimate news and soon.

We're discussing our favorite poor people food.

This is pretty sad.

(I've eaten more than my share of Ramen noodles, but usually for larger fiscal mistakes than overspending on toys)

Here's some breaking news:

It has bean confirmed that Heinz will be sponsoring the next Marvel Wave . Rumours are that there will be 57 Variants in each case.

I cannot confirm my sauces . :lol:

I hear it's going to have only existing characters, that's right it's a ketchup wave!

T.

Don't underestimate the value of good ol' Peanut Butter and Jelly samwiches. You can get bread for $2 or so if you buy the discount brand. Best to buy peanut butter and jelly in industrial sizes if at all possible, to save on the price per once. Borrow a friend's Sam's card. You can eat on this for a week for around $10.

Yeah, I love a good PB&J, but my favorite thing (out of necessity really) is to put Cheetos on them. I do that at school because I'm too poor to afford water and too lazy to bring it with me. I can stick a PB&J sandwich in my book, carry it around til lunch, but a back of 25 cent Cheetos, stick them in the sandwich to add flavor and I'm more full than I would be on just the sandwich, and the jelly adds moisture to wash down the cheetos. It also cools them down if you get the jalapeno ones. :)

I'm currently on an all plant diet right now, so ramen noodles sound pretty good.

Here's some breaking news:

It has bean confirmed that Heinz will be sponsoring the next Marvel Wave . Rumours are that there will be 57 Variants in each case.

I cannot confirm my sauces . :lol:

I hear it's going to have only existing characters, that's right it's a ketchup wave!

T.

Oh, the anticipation...