UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Zombie Minimates Decal Kit released!

I have made some design changes that will make these decals even easier to apply than the Gruesome Ghosts decals.

Could you elaborate? I've only used water slide decals on models and imagine that it would be quite hard to slide one onto a Minimate head and then wrap it around...

The easiest minimate decals to apply are the chest, followed by the face. Once you slide the face decal into place, it practically wraps itself around the head, and then all it needs it a few swipes with your finger to slightly reposition it and smooth it out. If you read this review of the Ninja Decal Kit, the reviewer had no prior experience with decals, and he was able to apply these without any problem, and even create entire figures in less than 15 minutes.

The most difficult decals are the upper thigh, followed by the forearm and the shin. For this kit, I left out the upper thigh decals altogether, and instead I am providing instructions on how to add details to that area with only a sharpie. For the forearms, the problem with the previous two decal kits is that the decal did not wrap all the way around the arm, and since it is so tiny, the small amount of adhesive on the back was not enough to hold it in place, and these decals frequently fell off. In the Zombie Decal Kit, the only forearm decal (seen in today's zombie) wraps all the way around the arm, so it can not only grip the minimate plastic, but the tail end of the decal where it overlaps itself slightly, making a stronger connection.

I hope that helps! :)

6zombies.jpg

6zombies2.jpg

The last day brings us the 6 additional faces included in this pack! Grannyhog is the ones with the brain damage in front (nothing implied here!), which is an additional decal that will work with any flesh colored head without a hole in it.

And with this last reveal, this decal kit is in-stock at the store and ready to order! The kit is available by itself, or as a combo deal with the recommended minimates. Also, if you don't have the time or desire to make your own zombies, I am offering pre-made customs in the store now for a reasonable price. Check it all out here:

http://lukestoystore.com/exclusives.html

As always, let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you have a current pre-order at the store, I can add this kit to your order.

Someone asked me about the bone sticking out from where The Bully's hand once was - it is just the peg of a minimate hand, with the hand part cut off. The hands that come with these two sets are all cast in flesh-colored plastic, but you can swap one of these hands for a flesh-colored hand on a different minimate that is cast in white and painted flesh-colored (the post will be white) if you want it to look more bone-like. Or if you have an extra white hand laying around, even better! This information is also in the instructions with this kit.

You know, I think some these would be much better off if they were printed on clear water slides. So they make clear water slides? I mean I know the point is to cover up what's underneath, but if you happen to have a blank head...

Just a thought.

To do really nice clear decals I would need a gel printer that can print lighter color inks like white and silver. Its definitely something I want to do, and I am hoping to have one of those printers by later this year. :)