UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Some not so good news for TRU Canada

pickle

So, I finally have some good news :)

Looks like TRU Canada finally has some more minimates on order (last we saw was BSG three years ago). Though they are not the exclusive series you see in the states (as TRU Canada does not order directly from DST, yet) at least we will see some more which is hopefully a baby step in the right direction.

These are the sets we will see:

Minimates Spider Man Box Set

Minimates Ironman 2

These will hopefully see a late March / early April release. Unless there are shipping delays or TRU Canada decides to cancel the orders.

As always, I will keep you all posted on such updates I can assist with.

Edited by pickle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY!I DONT NEED TOO ORDER MINIMATES ONLINE!the timing is also great!i get to get iron man 2 sets!do you know if they are going to come to ontario's toy's r us's?if so do you know if they are going to woodbridge{in ontario?}that's my closest toy's r us.

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!FINALLY!I DONT NEED TOO ORDER MINIMATES ONLINE!the timing is also great!i get to get iron man 2 sets!do you know if they are going to come to ontario's toy's r us's?if so do you know if they are going to woodbridge{in ontario?}that's my closest toy's r us.

Don't worry, as new news comes available to me, I will let you all know.

Don't worry, as new news comes available to me, I will let you all know.

ok thanks :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
UPDATESSSSS!

i was on toy's r us.ca and they had the iron man 2 2packs and friend or foe set!heres the link:

http://www.toysrus.ca/search/index.jsp?f=T...mp;kw=minimates

It looks to be along the same line as W:O Minimates from last year, that are still clogging a lot of TRUs, where it's mostly the LCS Wave. Unlike the W:O wave this will apparently include the variant. I wonder if there are going to be TRU Exclusive 2 Packs and if so will we finally be seeing Black Widow in costume. These are not on the American TRU btw.

Quite an interesting development. This is a much-improved attempt to sell the army-builders at retail compared to before.

Anyone else notice that the Pepper face on TRU looks different from the prototype we've seen before? Definitely dos not resemble Gwyneth Paltrow that much anymore.

Anybody find it strange that TRU Canada is soliciting the CBS wave of IM2 and not the TRU IM2 wave? Don't get me wrong, as a canadian, I'm happy as a pig in sh!t that minimates will finally be available @ TRU, but I was really hoping to snag the TRU wave, not the CBS wave. I hope there is a last minute change to the canadian line-up.

NOTE: Anybody else notice that TRU.ca will ship globally but TRU.com won't. :angry:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Anybody find it strange that TRU Canada is soliciting the CBS wave of IM2 and not the TRU IM2 wave? Don't get me wrong, as a canadian, I'm happy as a pig in sh!t that minimates will finally be available @ TRU, but I was really hoping to snag the TRU wave, not the CBS wave. I hope there is a last minute change to the canadian line-up.

I can answer that. TRU Canada does not order from DST, they order from Diamond Comics. Thus there is no way of getting exclusive waves. Hopefully one day it will be different, but not any day soon though.

TRU Canada does not order from DST, they order from Diamond Comics. Thus there is no way of getting exclusive waves. Hopefully one day it will be different, but not any day soon though.

Isnt it the same company, just a different wing?

• 2 weeks later...

So I stopped at TRU on the way from work to see if they had the minimates and hidden on the shelf was about 15 Friends and Foes boxsets. They looked exactly like the ones you would get at specialty shops, no biligual packaging. I picked up 2 just for the novelty of getting minimates at TRU. The guy stocking shelves told me to call on Friday as they had some more stock to unload, so hopefuly the rest of the minimates will be there. :)

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

So I stopped at TRU on the way from work to see if they had the minimates and hidden on the shelf was about 15 Friends and Foes boxsets. They looked exactly like the ones you would get at specialty shops, no biligual packaging. I picked up 2 just for the novelty of getting minimates at TRU. The guy stocking shelves told me to call on Friday as they had some more stock to unload, so hopefuly the rest of the minimates will be there. :)

Awesome!I was planning to go to a toys r us on saturday for like 3 weeks.

Were they displayed near the other Spider-Man action figures?