UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates Central is 3 years old

Danny

Minimates Central is on an enforced break for two weeks, as I will be on holiday yay!

However, during that two weeks is the 21st September, and that is a very special day for me. It will be 3 years since Minimates Central first started, 3 years since one man and his duvet thought that a website dedicated to cute 2" block figures would be a good idea!

I just want to thank everyone who reads Minimates Central and uses it as a resource. Strangely despite how shabby the site looks it is one of my proudest achievements, to have kept it going for this long on my own. I say "on my own", but in all honesty I couldn't do it without such a fantastic community that we have here in the Minimates fandom.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me acquire Minimates, especially thanks to all those who have bought them for me "as a thankyou". I never understood that - you are the ones doing me the favour. There are now too many to name, although I do try to namecheck you in the reviews :)

I know it's not always first with the reviews, or even the news these days with the busy bees on this forum, but I am proud to have established a directory of Minimates reviews and pics that people find useful.

Some of us are finding these Minimateless times a tad bleak. Rest assured, that despite what happens, Minimates Central will still try to cover what Minimates has to offer.

Thank you

Danny

Congrats, and while you might lament your perceived lack of speed, nobody can knock dedication to simple but extensive quality of your reviews is a large part of showing me the value of Minimates back before the site's name change :)

I've had a site for three years before, but I think I only updated it twice in that time.

All kidding aside, when I first discovered minimates, your site was the first one I found with information on the little guys and has played a major part in feeding my addiction ever since. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Congrats Divebomb..erm Danny :)

Same as the other guys without your site I probably wouldn't have come here (well technically there but hay lets not get pedantic)!

I wish you all the 'breast' for the future of the site :P

T.

Congrats Danny, your site was the one that i found after i bought my first four pack got me to buy the other 10,000!!! You are my inspiration!

Plus, in a very bizarre coincidence, my other half and I share our anniversary on the 21/9 and yup, you guessed it, we have been together 3 years!!!!!!

Bizarro world.

Congrats Danny, your site was the one that i found after i bought my first four pack got me to buy the other 10,000!!! You are my inspiration!

Plus, in a very bizarre coincidence, my other half and I share our anniversary on the 21/9 and yup, you guessed it, we have been together 3 years!!!!!!

Bizarro world.

Same here!

Heres to many more years to come. :)

Hopefully there will be many more minimates (trying saying that in a hurry) to review.

Wow...Nice to finally meet the 'man behind the mask' so to speak at Minimates Central...

When my son first discovered the c3 craze they were just starting to get rare & HTF so I couldn't get any glimpses at retail, and your site gave me lots of info (especially on the batcave!)

Your batcave article I will ALWAYS remember...your site had the ONLY in-depth info I found at the time on c3, AND was the only way I discovered the secret to staying sane (get the 'fix-it kit' from Playalong to make the thing more workable) :)

PLUS...you always have the best poses & pics (Mikey likes to study them to get ideas for his little 'mate battles) ;)

Thanks for a great website & tribute to our favorite obsession! (Ok, MY obsession is my son, and HIS obsession is the superhero/supervillain MM tribe) :)

• 2 weeks later...