UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG MATES NEWS: from Baltimore Comicon

Xybot

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! (where's that dancing dagget when you need it?)

With those variants and all, I'm betting this is a blind-boxed gambit. Which I will be fine with if the ratios are fairly even (none of this 1:96 bullshit).

Timbo's grumbling aside, I think this is neat way to do army building. While splitting out the new and classic versions seems like a lot, it all depends on case size, now doesn't it? :D

Very clever way to set up Army-Building.

Since you are only recasting 2 molds, these can be produced more quickly and cheaply than a regular set. Put it in blind-boxes to continue the trend.

I will probably get a half-case of each, since Cylons are the best part of BSG... but they are no orcs.

You guys that buy minimates by the case, how much were you paying?

I always get a pretty good discounted price and think retail is about $90-100? Is that about right?

It's been so long since we got minis, I literaly forgot :P

These cases are gonna be $120.00 each if there are 24 packs. Wow!

Yeah, the case ratio is my biggest question. That's gonna be a bit steep for a case of each regardless. Even worse if you buy these already opened; I'd imagine $5 reg. , $10 uncommon, and $15-up for the limited depending on how these are divided. Yikes! Good and sad news all rolled in one(or rather...two).

Even worse if you buy these already opened; I'd imagine $5 reg. , $10 uncommon, and $15-up for the limited depending on how these are divided. Yikes! Good and sad news all rolled in one(or rather...two).

That's the nature of the beast and another reason why I despise blind packs.

Just because I'm getting cases I'm letting this slide and cause I love BSG and Minis. :)

I'm so hoping Goldie isn't just 1:24, but you know it's very likely.

Coming in late to the game here. Let me see if I've got this straight:

- These things are $5 each?

- They're blind-boxed?

- Collectors are excited about this?

In the kingdom of the blind the one eyed cylon is king....

Not so much happy about the price and blind boxing but that we are getting BSG in some shape or form!

T.

crud i am so confused about a is is only 500 cases or an i reading this wrong pleas tell me i am wrong :(

500 cases of the Classic Assortment

500 cases of the Modern Assortment

Not sure how many per case, but my guess is it's 24. This would be 12,000 Cylons of each assortment.

Coming in late to the game here. Let me see if I've got this straight:

- These things are $5 each?

- They're blind-boxed?

- Collectors are excited about this?

Didn't we already live this nightmare on the (ex)Palisades PotA forum? I've still got an ass-load of 1:18 scale horses with NO gorilla soldiers(LOL...whimper)! Hope that this fares differently. I'm not gonna start building those LEGO bridges or Land Rams 'til I've actually got these in hand this time; don't want to jinx myself y'know?

I remember asking DST SPECIFICALLY about the possibility of blind-boxing Minimates. TWICE they insisted they wouldn't.

I also recall starting a thread asking how collectors felt about blind-boxing as a way to REDUCE the price of Minimates. Most responded they were against it. (And Adam says, "see, we DO listen!!" To whom exactly?)

So now we've got blind packaging, a HIGHER price per figure, and people seem stoked about it.

Fucking Bizarro World. I guess when pent-up demand builds long enough, people are more flexible. Sorry, but I'll be waiting for the (hopefully) more affordable multi-packs. Wallet rape doesn't get me that hot for this line.

Its not an ideal scenario, but I feel its partly what a lot of us have wanted (kinda)

We finally get army builders

We finally get BSG stuff

Obviously it could have been done differently (which would have been nicer) but like PL points out I guess starve people long enough and anything looks edible.

On the plus side the cost cold be down to the new parts and size, the modern ones defiantely look at least 2.5"

Sorry, but I'll be waiting for the (hopefully) more affordable multi-packs. Wallet rape doesn't get me that hot for this line.

Hopefully this doesn't transfer to the multi-packs: two-packs=$10, four-packs=$20. Or worse still, the entire line being blind-boxed! I have to agree with Ady that the costs of producing these multi-accessorized+being a specialty market "limited-release"item contribute greatly to the inflated price. I'll bite just this once to "grease the wheels" only because its one(two actually)figure/s that collectors can always use multiples of. I just pray that they don't get the idea that this was a great success and go this route with all of the up-coming lines!

Sorry, it's all my fault. I was the one person in the universe in favor of blind-boxing, and apparantly they drew my name out of the jester's cap.

$5 is a nice round number.

It isn't so blind that you are going to open up a box and get Frodo. You know you're getting a Cylon. I know I'm stupid, but as long as I am getting some Cylon, it's all good for me.

PL's right - collector's are not excited about this, the same way collector's apparantly are not excited about Speed Racer (or anything else for that matter) - it's just me.

PL's right - collector's are not excited about this, the same way collector's apparantly are not excited about Speed Racer (or anything else for that matter) - it's just me.

See? Isn't confession good for the soul? :P

Honestly, blind boxing is fine for army builders. For those of us who just want one of each, I hope there's another, cheaper venue, particularly when the non-army building figures are released.

I just don't understand why figures that are manufactured is far greater quantities (like Cylons) are more expensive. Is this a specialty market only line? Can't AA and DST get this sold into the mass market the way Hasbro did with their BSG Titanium vehicles?

Is this a specialty market only line? Can't AA and DST get this sold into the mass market the way Hasbro did with their BSG Titanium vehicles?

The production run/case numbers screams it's a specialty only line. 500 of each style is an insanely small number given that retailers have to buy by the case and may end up wanting one of each style, and that means Diamond can only supply either a)Preview orders or B) retailers like TRU, and the big boys would want large production runs.

Given that this is a place-holder/gauge demand of license release, makes more sense to target the specialty market also, even if that backfired with the SF mates...