UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

BSG MATES NEWS: from Baltimore Comicon

Xybot

Alrighty folks ...

I know a lot of you have been waiting to hear about when BSG 'mates will be out.

WELL: My partner was talking to one of the folks from Diamond's booth at the Baltimore ComicCon and here is the skinny ...

The regular sets are delayed. Well not really delayed because we never got a release date ... just pushed back from the initial expected date.

HOWEVER: (this is the uber-cool part) Supposedly in next month's Previews, Diamond will be soliciting a SINGLE PACK Cylon assortment ... both classic and neo designs. And there are supposed to be several variants in the assortment. Neo regular, neo with gun hands, classic Cylon commander, normal classic Cylon, chromed Cylon, etc.

While I'm bummed about the delay, this news more than makes up for it. I really cannot wait to get my hands on these ...

... and of course, we will be stocking the heck out of these at stuckakid

YAY!!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay good news to get some BSG loving...

Bad news is the variants thing..... So you need more cylons just to get both sets of hands and there are going to be lots of versions....

This smacks of the kind of stuff we're seeing from AA/DST lately....

I'll wait to see this official but I'm torn over this one, I want mates but to make a bunch of different versions just to cash in before we get a regualr series pisses me off!

T.

p.s. Didn't Diamond say they'd never do blind pack and I bet that's what these will be!

Well, no worries with the blind pack here ... we will definitely open to identify. Also, I'm really seeing this as a great thing. 1st off, it gets some BSG 'mates in my paws ASAP. And it justifies me getting a little army going on without doubling up. Unless I want to, of course. I'm sure that more than the Cylons were ready ... they probably needed a little extra time.

Again, I'm stoked to hear this news.

;)

If this is all legit, then this is great news! What better way to whet our appetites for some BSGoodness than with a little army-building? I'm not thrilled with all of the variations, however, if these can be purchased by the case (a "sure thing"), then I won't feel as bad about the "hunt for chases". One thing though, the mass-released neo-Cylons had better come with BOTH hand and gun attachments or there will be mini-riots in the streets! I personally will be setting mini-fires and flipping mini-coopers if this variation-scheme trickles outside of this one "preview" release! Anyway, good-news as far hearing that these are still on the way; I can't wait(much longer)!

I might be onboard for this, though I'll have to wait and see on the final word first. I was never big on "same exact figure, only now he's grimacing instead of frowning" figures, but if these are truly separate representations of the generic character, then I may partake in the collecting madness. I just hope, if they go blind pack on us, that you can get all the characters in a single case instead of having one in every twenty cases having "Cylon with a machete" or something.

And if these are indeed solicited next month in Previews, then maybe we can expect these by Christmas? Not to get anyone's hopes up, but this would at least be a good start and hopefully usher-in a better year for "mini-acs" everywhere. I'm kind'a anxious for '07 now!

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but this would at least be a good start and hopefully usher-in a better year for "mini-acs" everywhere. I'm kind'a anxious for '07 now!

LOL that quote could be almost word for word what we said LAST year... then everything got delayed and cancelled...

I dont want to rain on your parade, I'm just saying dont get your hopes up.

T.

Xybot, let us know what you guys decide after solicitations. I imagine you guys could easily drum up some pre-orders here.

I am curious to know if they will guarantee at least one of each variant in a solid case like Medicom does.

Thanks for the news buddy!!

I'm with Timbo on this. I hate blind packs to the core. It's the reason I quit Heroclix and Kubricks. :angry:

While I'm exstatic about hearing some BSG news, I'll reserve my judgements until they are solicited. I planned all along to have both a classic and modern Army, but I don't like variants of so little difference. I also don't like buying opened blind packs. If they ever keep doing this with all waves, I'll be gone from minimates. I really do believe we are going to get blind packs simply by knowing that they did concept art on them.

News is news, even if its vague and hardly answers our questions. We now know that we can expect Cylons in some capacity, be it part of the regular release or as an earlier "troop builder" release. Sure, we already knew this information, but hey, at least someone is talking about it in the Powers That Be.

My money is on single blind packed cylonic goodness.

I'd guess with a 1/24 chase of some variety.

I'd love to see

Common: (1/4?)

Classic Centurion

Modern Centurion

Modern Gun Arm Centrurion

Modern Battle Damaged Centurion

Classic Battle Damaged Centurion

Uncommon: (1/8)

Gold Cylon

I-L Series

Rare: (1/12)

Six

Imperious Leader

Lucifer

Chase: (1/24)

Chromed Classic Cylon

Official News!! at www.diamondselecttoys.com

Cylons Invade Diamond Select Toys

Just in time for the hugely-anticipated third season comes the first Battlestar Galactica Minimate release – featuring none other than those villainous toasters, the Cylons! With both modern and classic versions of the dreaded Cylon Centurions, each assortment will be limited to only 500 cases!

Each Minimate will be individually boxed with a suggested retail of $5.00 each. With the modern assortments, be on the lookout for the variant gun-hand and battle-damaged Centurions as well as the limited chrome and bloody Centurions! In the classic Battlestar Galactica cases, watch out for the gold Command Centurion as well as the chrome and battle-damaged variants. Designed and sculpted by Art Asylum, each Cylon Minimate features an intricately designed body created using the series’ own digital production files!

Be prepared to hunt down each and every Cylon once their Fall 2006 release date arrives, because you can bet they'll be gunning for you…

32865_70209_3.jpg32865_70208_2.jpg

Edited

not keen on them splitting classic and new between different cases, guess I'll be taking a case of each then.

Thanks for adding the second pic, had to run off. I updated my post.

Yeah I'm not too keen on it but will be getting 2 cases of each anyways. :P

I'm okay with it as long as they aren't blind boxed, which they still haven't cleared up. I'd like a confirmation on that.

Im betting they will be, 5 variations of classic and 4 of regular, cant really see it been done any other way.

Im fine with them been blind really, I plan to buy as many as I can possibly afford. I love Cylons, I love Minimates, I love army building.

Im in heaven.

500 cases of each are available and I want them all :P

Ok my my earlier grumpy curmudgeonness is easing. These look like a lot of fun.

I want these please... Gah probably one case of each for me.. as I will need them all, but will probably sell the extras off to recoup funds as I'm gonig though a bit of a cash crisis at the mo. :(

T.

Each minimate will be individually boxed.

Blind boxed? Or with a picture on the front? I'm really confused. Are we getting any human characters in this release or just Cylons?

Individual boxes with a picture on the front is fine if the human characters are included. That way if you buy a cylon you get a cylon. You just don't know whether or not you get a chase. Anyone else thinking 5 bucks for a single mini is a bit steep?

Questions Kvestions Shmeshtions!

Tim, you want to sell extras... I'm your man! ;)