UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only pack i've picked up so far is happy hogan/hammer drone from borders. I want to try and find justin hammer too, other than that I don't think i'll pick up many of the others.

So, from a movie line that focuses on men in robotic suits of armor fighting robotic drones, you're only interested in men in suits? You do realize Iron Man 2 is an action movie, right?

the only pack i've picked up so far is happy hogan/hammer drone from borders. I want to try and find justin hammer too, other than that I don't think i'll pick up many of the others.

So, from a movie line that focuses on men in robotic suits of armor fighting robotic drones, you're only interested in men in suits? You do realize Iron Man 2 is an action movie, right?

he's only interested in the classiest of minimates! btw--whoever posted that spoiler pic cracked me up LOL

Luke has posted on facebook that the IM mates will be in on thursday.............thats gotta be a busy day for him?

quick show of hands who ordered from him

Raises hand.i bought the mark v and war machiene.i thought they where in stock,that's still ok b/c of the awesome price

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

He actually was the Hammer Suit prototype with whips. Which may be why the Hammer Suit never made it in as they didn't want to have Whiplash just be "another guy in the suit" and possibly have him upstaged.

Ivan's suit is slightly different, as it has a long

"skirt".

Now that I think about it some more... is it possible maybe to quick-custom this look using these guys?

Edited by NorthRaider

Luke has posted on facebook that the IM mates will be in on thursday.............thats gotta be a busy day for him? quick show of hands who ordered from him

Yo yo! I've got an order pending with Lukes that includes some of the IM2 Mates. I'm very much looking forward to this delivery. Should be 2 whole waves, 3 box-sets and bits & pieces from IM2 & older waves i missed :)

Edited by Nessex

Am I the only one who thought that final battle Whiplash looked like the Iron Monger suit with a different helmet and whips included?

He actually was the Hammer Suit prototype with whips. Which may be why the Hammer Suit never made it in as they didn't want to have Whiplash just be "another guy in the suit" and possibly have him upstaged.

Ivan's suit is slightly different, as it has a long

"skirt".

Now that I think about it some more... is it possible maybe to quick-custom this look using these guys?

First thing I thought about while seeing the movie [although I had a Sea Assault Drone in mind]. When I talked to my brother about it afterwards it was also one of the things I brought up, and he was like "dude, were you able to actually watch the fight?" :)

Edited by lastmaximal

slightly off topic here, but on the iron man spectrum--i have recently acquired a stealth iron man from wave 6. the helmet is basically glued on lol. luckily I happen to like that look better, however if I had wanted to take the mask off, does anyone have any suggestions for this? or am I pretty much stuck with it on forever?

slightly off topic here, but on the iron man spectrum--i have recently acquired a stealth iron man from wave 6. the helmet is basically glued on lol. luckily I happen to like that look better, however if I had wanted to take the mask off, does anyone have any suggestions for this? or am I pretty much stuck with it on forever?

try putting it in the freezer overnight or in boiling water for a few seconds and then it SHOULD come off

Yep.. freezing it usually works for me. Good luck.

My LCS just got the wave this week.. and even though I scored them all at Borders I picked up a complete set to support the store. I have really enjoyed this wave.. but I still look forward to getting the MARK VI armor and maybe the afx 4 pack.. I like the stark racing suit for some reason.

Any word on if there are secret minis coming out based on the the final Whiplash Suit?

My LCS got the wave in yesterday too. I always feel weird because I always ask before they have opened the boxes. I checked them all out, but decided on only picking up the Mark V/War Machine set. The figures are beautifully sculpted and painted, so it was an easy sell. I also like the streamline look of the Mark V compared to the more recent bulky 'mates. Mark V may be my new favorite Iron Man 'mate...

I really wasn't feeling the Potts/Drone pack (thought the drone looked funny), and the Happy Hogan figure was not my favorite. I would be interested in getting a Mark VI and a Whiplash Mark II if such things were easily available in the future.

Quick edit: I probably would have picked up the Justin Hammer figure if my LCS had the single packs available, and I am happily awaiting the Convention Tony/Natasha pack.

Edited by shanezey

I picked up my series 35 set today. Oddly enough, I'm loving Happy the most! The suitcase is SO cool. I only wish the handcuffs connected to it. I had to make him hold the other cuff behind the handle.

I just picked up the Happy Hogan set in Borders last night. I wasn't really planning on getting him, but I happened to be there...and so did he....

Also, for the FIRST time in minimate history, I observed someone purchasing the other Happy set--never saw someone buy minimates before haha. I didn't get to talk to him unfortunately, but he was about mid 30s with a little toddler boy--I don't think they were purchased for the boy as I heard him explain to his son, "now see, this is a variant which means its RARE! I'm buying this!"