UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anything under the helmet of the Hammer drone, or is it just another sculpted head?

The Hammer Drone head does come off (with a lot of coaxing) and yes, it is a sculpted piece. The upper part of the legs are sculpted as well, but the lower half is standard minimate style.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

i second -on a pic of Hammer with all his goodies!!

I went to Borders to check on the exclusive set... no dice.

However, I asked (since borders is kinda large and convoluted and the location of these types of Misc items aren't always easy to find) and they are in their order system... but with no delivery date. The best I could get from the clerk was that their arrival was imminent (code word for she didn't know $h1t but wanted to sound intelligent and informed - is it me or do bookstore people always want you to think they are a lot smarter than they really are... but I digress).

Her order system only indicated 6 packs were "imminent".

Maybe I missed it, but I checked twice: can we get a pic of Hammer with all his accessory glory?

Here ya go. Enjoy!

(click thumbnails for larger pics)

Justin Hammer

th_Justin01.jpgth_Justin02.jpg

th_Justin03.jpgth_Justin04.jpg

EDIT: Added a group shot

th_group.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Her order system only indicated 6 packs were "imminent".

That's not really surprising considering this is something of a first time experiment for Borders.

Called my Borders. The guy I talked to was very helpful. He also said 6 were imminent. First week of April is what he told me. He also 'reserved' two 2-packs for me. When they come in I'll get a call to come and get them. :lol:

Ugh. Why do the closest comic shops near me have to be so far away!?

I'd like to get some of these drones I'm seeing awesome pics of to have for something to fight my minimate heroes, but no real close comic shops, let alone knowing if they got them.

I see BBTS has them in stock, but it's a full case and I'm not really interested in the battle damaged drome or Mr. Hammer...

I broke down and bought the Spider-Man set despite the lukewarm reception it's getting in that thread though.

AT least I have a Borders near me to check on the 2-packs I'm reading on.

Edited by MST3KFan

Over on the Art Asylum blog he has packaging pics of the afx exclusive Iron man Set. Did we already know about this set? I can't find it anywhere on the AFX site. I kinda want it as it has Nick Fury, War Machine, Iron Man, and Tony Stark in racecar uniform. That and a Whiplash may be all I need from the Iron Man Movie line. And a couple of drones if I can find them at my shop.

We did know about it, there was probably a thread created about it at the time but we seem to be using this one for all IM2 stuff now.

I think it looks a great set and I am very excited to get Race Tony!

I finished the movie novel today and it should be an okay movie, although there weren't a whole lot of surprises. I think almost everything was either predictable or you could have figured out by watching the trailers (with the exception of a couple fight seens they haven't shown any scenes from yet). There's still a few Minimates they could make for a second wave of TRU exclusives (like it looks like will happen), but I can say that all characters in the movie already have Minimates planned so if there's more they're just variations of others released. And for military drone army builders, if the movie is the same as the book, there's a finite number of each in the movie so at least theres a number that makes sense to collect. Overall, I'm looking forward to the movie and the mates.

Edited by groundhog7s

Someone over on the Fwoosh board found the movie sets at the Times square TRU in New York. From the pictures they look nice, putting my mind at ease from the Spidey Friend and Foes QC. Just when I thought I was caught up.... Now I wish I didn't blow my last $160.00 on a Medicom Rocketeer.

I wasn't all that interested in the TRU exclusives until seeing those photo. I think I'll definitly pick them up. Might also get two versions of Black Widow so I can donate her wrist bands to my Scarlet Spider mate.

Those pics are pretty wicked. I'm making my prediction now that IM2 mates will be big sellers, especially at TRU.

They do look nice but I can't help thinking that the original Iron Man Movie Wave looked superb but hung around for ages at various on-line stores . This may have been over-production but I could never understand that one!