UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bttf MiniMates

Just an idea, but you might get a better "kit-bashed" Marty by using the cheap/easy to find Marty from in the 2-pack with old man Biff or the non-Western version from the box set (sans chest piece), using the red shirt chest piece as the base and keeping the blue arms and vest that you are using there. That way, you would have an official Marty head/hair/shirt, anyway.

Personally, I use the BTTF III face on my BTTF 1 Marty body, as I think it gives him more character.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually I ordered the series 3 fourpack yesterday for that reason (as I gave my first series 3 set to my nephew who is also a huge fan of both BTTF and minimates) so I'll get a "real" marty... I'd like to attempt to make some other customs (like a radiation suit Doc) but I dont know what kind of paint to use

yes theyre not minimate scale - Ive found that the BTTF minimates look best posed next to my Welly deloreans, but they dont fit inside it... my nephew will have a blast with the DST 1:15 (site says 1:18 but theyre 1:15) because it rolls, the doors etc open and it lights up and has sound effects, and you can put the minimates inside which will be a huge bonus for him!

not really minimate realated, but i saw this sale at TRU.com for the 1/18th scale Delorean...20 bucks!!!

DST 1/18 Delorean

YOINK.

That's a steal for $20!

Speaking of BttF, I just found out that a nearby theater is going to be holding a 25th Anniversary event with a theatrical screening of the first movie and having actors like Christopher Lloyd present for autographs, etc.

I can't wait! :D

I was winning an auction for the series 1 fourpack for a few days, it was around $25 - it was real quiet until the day the auction was ending, then suddenly people are bidding and its going up... I stopped at $40, I cant see paying anymore than that. it ended at $56, not to insult anyone but youre just stupid if you spend that much. unless you have a disposable income, but come on...

I'll sit on the fence & just say if people want to pay that much for something they truly want then let them.

BTW I've just shoved a set up on ebay for what I consider to be their value. This is not just a Minimate 4 pack it is ,without any doubt in my mind , the rarest Minimate box set bar none.

Edited by buttheadsmate

I'll sit on the fence & just say if people want to pay that much for something they truly want then let them.

BTW I've just shoved a set up on ebay for what I consider to be their value. This is not just a Minimate 4 pack it is ,without any doubt in my mind , the rarest Minimate box set bar none.

Now is probably the best time to sell because I have a feeling that if a new boxset is shown at Toy Fair next weekend the market may deflate as fast as it inflated.

Now is probably the best time to sell because I have a feeling that if a new boxset is shown at Toy Fair next weekend the market may deflate as fast as it inflated.

I hope you're right maybe they won't sell :D ....I hate selling any of my Minimates but I need beer,more beer & perhaps.... even more beer... & a bit of food.

I hope you're right maybe they won't sell :D ....I hate selling any of my Minimates but I need beer,more beer & perhaps.... even more beer... & a bit of food.

Just drink Guinness it's like bread in a glass.

I was winning an auction for the series 1 fourpack for a few days, it was around $25 - it was real quiet until the day the auction was ending, then suddenly people are bidding and its going up... I stopped at $40, I cant see paying anymore than that. it ended at $56, not to insult anyone but youre just stupid if you spend that much. unless you have a disposable income, but come on...

I think when you call people names, the effect is that they tend to be insulted. Also a website devoted to the pursuit and love of minimates is probably a poor location to air these feelings. Sorry that you didn't win that set - it's pretty awesome.

I think when you call people names, the effect is that they tend to be insulted. Also a website devoted to the pursuit and love of minimates is probably a poor location to air these feelings. Sorry that you didn't win that set - it's pretty awesome.

yeah Im sorry about that. I think I was just bitter because I lost. I love these things as much as everyone else here I just wish things werent so rare.

To be fair I can sort of sympathize with minijoeschmo's situation. I think most of us who've used eBay have experienced that all-too crummy moment when you discover somebody sniped you in an auction at the last minute. What really bites me about the whole thing is that this is actually considered an acceptable tactic when aiming for a specific item. You know, like haggling! <_<

Then again those people in defense of such underhanded tactics will simply state that this comes with the territory when you shop on eBay: all things considered the site has a very free-for-all, every-man-for-himself climate that extends not just to bidders, but also to the poor schmucks on the wrong end of an idiocy-induced seller dispute. Hey, just because it's the Internet doesn't mean you have free reign to abandon common etique --- oh wait, it is the Internet. Never mind.

[/soapbox]