UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2010 Registration Open

Cappy

Anybody have a contact number for SDCC outsude of the hotline? If so, post it or pm me directly. We were able to transfer this last years tickets to next years con, but haven't received the confirmation yet. Thanks.

As much time as I spend collecting and talking about collecting, this convention just doesn't seem worth the time and expenses to me. I am envious of you guys who might get to meet in person and hang out, but I doubt I could ever personally justify it.

As much time as I spend collecting and talking about collecting, this convention just doesn't seem worth the time and expenses to me. I am envious of you guys who might get to meet in person and hang out, but I doubt I could ever personally justify it.

Believe me, it was an internal struggle before I decided to sign up. I'm just not interested in much else outside of Minimates, so most of this con will be lost on me. I just wanted to experience it once, and this time seemed as good a time as any.

I would agree totally K80 in everything you say......this time around SDCC will be part of my vacation with my GF to the US next year .....she'll no doubt opt to miss the SDCC part ;)

Got my registration in. I like that they have both 'with' and 'without' Preview Night options. The fact they are the same price implies that after a while they will cut off the 'with' option after a set number of registrations. Fewer people on the floor during Preview Night is definitely a good thing (as long as I'm among them.)

I thought $100 was a little steep when I read it in events guide. (You could register for 2010 at the 2009 show, but I never got around to it.) But in perspective it's really not that bad. Whenever I show one of the 'normals' my show photos, they are surprised that passes are that low for a huge four-day show.

Minimates are my primary reason for going but there are so many things I didn't know I was interested in until I saw them at the show. There really is something for everyone.

sdcc08reading.jpg

I would agree totally K80 in everything you say......this time around SDCC will be part of my vacation with my GF to the US next year .....she'll no doubt opt to miss the SDCC part ;)

'Tis a shame I won't be able to meet such an extraordinarily patient woman. :D

'Tis a shame I won't be able to meet such an extraordinarily patient woman. :D

Not to worry Ivan,my wife's coming with me to SDCC instead.....she's even more patient! :lol:

Well, my Mom may actually try to take me this year. Of course, that means i have to decide if i want to go now and if i want to bring a friend. And pay the increased price. And get a room or two. And pay for the flight. and...oh sweet Jesus, there goes three years of Birthday money. :blink:

Ugh...and then NYCC in October. Damn Cons.

It's well worth the price if you get a plan of attack. Of course Mattel made a mockery of that this year from what I heard from a buddy who went. Hopefully they get their act together this next year, but they haven't improved in previous years, so why start now?

I'm not sure whether I should loathe you or envy you Karamazov <_< Seriously, it's not about the long lines to get exclusives, but the experience for me and my wife. Let me give you a brief backstory. Back in 05 my wife gave me the option of SDCC or the Trek Con in Vegas, thinking I would pick Trek....WRONG!! We went and by the time the con was over she was in line getting next years tickets. She had that great of a time and I think if you went, you would too.

I am pretty sure that if I ever did somehow end up in San Diego at the right time and could get over there, I would spend exactly 0 minutes waiting in line for toys.

I travelled further than most to get to SD via Houston . Houston was where I experienced my first US queue.....we call 'line' a 'queue' in the UK ...... to get into the US from 'alien worlds' ,I now know what it's like to be an animal waiting to be slaughtered :D I also know what it must be like if you are Mexican. Those who know me will know that that isn't a racist remark .....just a personal observation of how the well-dressed ,polite & friendly Mexican couple in front of me were treated by the perhaps justifiably stern & officious immigration officer :( They eventually managed to get 'IN' & I was expecting the same 'shit' as they had been given & was preparing myself for it. Thankfully none came ......I will however know in future never to smile & look at any US immigration official in the eye whilst saying 'Hello' ......it is obviously not the 'done thing' & makes them nervous!

This experience held me in good stead at the Con as I queued every day for my Minimate Promo ......carefully accepting it & getting 'back in line' for another & never looking DST Matt in the eye :biggrin:

......I understand that Retinal Scanning Procedures will be in force next year at many of the booths .

Come on, K, 2010 will be there year to do it! I'm registered (although, after seeing bhm is going, I might have to cancel) and looking at the members already admitting they're going... you know you have to be there. We can be first-timers together.