UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Series 27 is coming soon!

HRGMann

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So my order from BBTS came in today, and I finally got my hands on the Ultimates and X-Men comic book wave...

I personally love all of these guys. It's always exciting to get new mates, and these were no exception. However, I do have one complaint, and it kind of touches on the whole "overtly-detailed" minimate argument that seems to be going on lately...

Ultimate Iron Mans helmet just isn't minimate-esque. It literally just looks like they stuck Ultimate Iron Mans helmet on there. Yes, it looks great, lovingly detailed. But it doesn't have the minimate feel... I guess it's just kind of the luck of the draw, since that helmet seems quite blocky anyways... But it doesn't look like a minimated part... But eh, it's just personal preference.

I still love all these guys! And Deadpool came packing quite a bit of extras! If he's still available, I might have to snatch up a few of him to get my hands on some more weapons..

So my order from BBTS came in today, and I finally got my hands on the Ultimates and X-Men comic book wave...

I personally love all of these guys. It's always exciting to get new mates, and these were no exception. However, I do have one complaint, and it kind of touches on the whole "overtly-detailed" minimate argument that seems to be going on lately...

Ultimate Iron Mans helmet just isn't minimate-esque. It literally just looks like they stuck Ultimate Iron Mans helmet on there. Yes, it looks great, lovingly detailed. But it doesn't have the minimate feel... I guess it's just kind of the luck of the draw, since that helmet seems quite blocky anyways... But it doesn't look like a minimated part... But eh, it's just personal preference.

I still love all these guys! And Deadpool came packing quite a bit of extras! If he's still available, I might have to snatch up a few of him to get my hands on some more weapons..

Huh.. I hadnt really thought about it, but yeah, I agree with you on the "non-minimate-ness" of the helmet..

Man, I was on the fence about Hulk, but after seeing the pictures I can easily skip him. Just awful looking with that horrid thick black lined torso and boxing glove hands. I would rather that they gave him the torso piece from the recent Doom/Hulk two pack and gave up on the effort to make him 3". Without the ability to use that larger body type it's not worth trying to jury-rig large characters from smaller mates.

If you flip the the hair piece around it's like the Hulk is a member of the Misfits.

post-955-1250710288_thumb.jpg

Awesome. I'll have to use this hair piece and a Punisher chest block to do myself a Glenn Danzig custom.

Heres mine

post-679-1251085333_thumb.jpg

A Glenn Danzig mate?

Isn't 2 inches too tall though? :)

Actually when I took that pic he was too tall. Since then I've swapped out his feet with The Penguins feet to make him a bit shorter. I need to get around to making the rest of The Misfits. Right now that Glen in on display with my 11 inch Jerry and Doyle

post-679-1252246436_thumb.jpg

I think the scale is just about right now ;)

• 2 weeks later...