UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Who's still waiting for pre-ordered waves 25 or 26 to ship?

groundhog7s

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I called Corner Store today and cancelled my order (to my surprise they did so without charging me any additional fee) they were cordial and not combative. (probably because so many of you have already called and also cancelled your orders) Anyways, good thing I got a set of 25 from BBTS earlier, now I guess I'm on the lookout for the chase from 26 (since I can just get the rest from my TRU were many of the Wolverine movie mates are warming pegs)

Yeah, I just got home to that letter in the mail of them declaring bankruptcy too. I don't know what it amounts to... but I got it.

I got the Toyrocket notice too - I have a couple of ST figures on pre-order.

Since they haven't collected money and they don't "owe" me anything, I not sure why I would receive a notice as if I were a creditor who they owed money or product.

Though I'm not sure it's what they want, I asked them to cancel the order - I could just imagine them charging my CC and using the bankruptcy as an excuse to delay/stiff me on my merchandise. I'm not gonna sit around and file notices to make sure that I get a couple of $15 action figures.

Might want to check your statements. I preordered as well and they charged my credit card for shipping right away.

Yeah, I just got home to that letter in the mail of them declaring bankruptcy too. I don't know what it amounts to... but I got it.

I got the Toyrocket notice too - I have a couple of ST figures on pre-order.

Since they haven't collected money and they don't "owe" me anything, I not sure why I would receive a notice as if I were a creditor who they owed money or product.

Though I'm not sure it's what they want, I asked them to cancel the order - I could just imagine them charging my CC and using the bankruptcy as an excuse to delay/stiff me on my merchandise. I'm not gonna sit around and file notices to make sure that I get a couple of $15 action figures.

With these companies going out of business, I can tell you from personal experience that you do not want to wait. Get your money back before they claim they can't refund you, and Paypal/credit card companies decide they can't help, either.

I recently ordered some minimates from ToyRocket and they say the order is processing for the last week and a half on a supposedly in-stock order. I have sent them a few e-mails requesting info on why the order has not shipped (my credit card was charged) and rec'd not a single response. Has anyone dealt with ToyRocket? Are they reputable? Is this an isolated occasion? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you search around here (keyword, "Toyrocket" or "Toy Rocket"), they supposedly are filing for bankruptcy and are sending letters out to that effect. If I were you, I would try to get my money refunded ASAP.

However, I ordered from them about a month ago with no problems.

Edited by karamazov80

If you search around here (keyword, "Toyrocket" or "Toy Rocket"), they supposedly are filing for bankruptcy and are sending letters out to that effect. If I were you, I would try to get my money refunded ASAP.

THanks for your help!

THanks for your help!

I can go one better... give me a few seconds and I'll merge this thread with the other and PM you the link?

*edit* Block merchants thread was merged with this one!

T.

Just got this message from Toyrocket.com concerning my Sdcc orders:

We received your inquiry regarding your order. Toyrocket.com has recently relocated to a new, more streamlined operational center and consequently some orders have been taking longer to ship. Rest assured that we are fulfilling orders as quickly as possible and will get your item(s) to you soon. We are restructuring our operations to provide better service to our customers and we appreciate your patience during this period.

Thank you ,

Looks like they ain't going out business, Anyways I'm very patient, even though I'm dieing for those thunderbolts set, I will wait...but I will never order from them again...

Looks like they ain't going out business, Anyways I'm very patient, even though I'm dieing for those thunderbolts set, I will wait...but I will never order from them again...

Filing Bankruptcy isn't the same as as going out of business. Businesses can file bankruptcy and under certain terms stay in business. Certain terms work more like a court mandated payment plan to creditors. You can also use a bankruptcy to break a lease. Which piecing all the evidence together sounds like at least part of what they have done. I've never ordered from them personally, I have a couple of online retailers that treat me well and I haven't had a reason to order from other places with any regularity. But I would say to contact them, ask what's going on. If you've gotten a letter they are legally required not to BS you about their plans. They may be going out of business, or they may have needed to break their lease they could no longer afford.

For those of you looking - scifigenre.com has wave 25 & 26 in stock - unfortunately they're a bit predatory on the variant sets @ $20-$25/pk (but they do have the Wave 25 set in stock), but otherwise they do pretty good on the price, shipping is fast & fair (and in boxes).

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemList.aspx?si...ExpandToID=4101

http://www.scifigenre.com/itemList.aspx?si...ExpandToID=4102

Just a note - if the order status says "In Stock", they have it on hand and it will usually be shipped within a day (oftentimes same day). If the status is "Available", then they have to order it from DST. As of this morning, they had all the sets on hand except the Wave 26 variant.

Yeah, it seems like DST danced around the subject during Q&As, so we never did get an authoritative answer. I wonder how many of those variant sets are really out there? You figure there are more or less X3 Phoenix sets floating around? I don't think we got any "God" cases for those waves.

Edited by karamazov80

Yeah, it seems like DST danced around the subject during Q&As, so we never did get an authoritative answer. I wonder how many of those variant sets are really out there? You figure there are more or less X3 Phoenix sets floating around? I don't think we got any "God" cases for those waves.

It was always said from DST that the X3 wave was produced in a lower number and they came out before the 'god case' situations came about

Jeff of the Miniacs

I normally get 'god cases' but not with Marvel 25/26, I did however score some 'god wraps' which I have christened the individually packed wave 'sets of 4' which I got from a particular ebay seller. This 'wrap' is something I have received from CSC ,BBTS & AFX on various occasions ....4 sets packed in a labelled plastic bag which appear identical no matter who supplies them. The only case I have seen for Wave 26 was an empty one which some ebay -seller packed some unrelated items in that I bought from him....ironic & particularly teasing :( I mention it because it is numbered from a batch of 650. This numbering of cases has never been proven conclusive in deciding production numbers but it works for me.....you name a rare set or wave & their case numbers are invariably low .

I don't KNOW any more than anybody else outside of DST about the production numbers of Wave 25 or 26 but I put the Wave 26 variant as one of the rarest ......far rarer than Moonstone/Bullseye... which has now been ratified by Chuck (Matt) in one of his 'answers'.

It was always said from DST that the X3 wave was produced in a lower number and they came out before the 'god case' situations came about

Jeff of the Miniacs

727 cases ;)

• 1 month later...

If anybody is still looking for a set wave 26, PM me. I would post more info. here, but I don't want any non-contributing lurkers stealing the juicy info that I have. Unite against the lurkers!

Edited by karamazov80