UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What did he just say????

As the topic says, this is a place to share funny bits of conversations you have been lucky to over hear. I'll start.

Yesterday I was at Walmart in the toy section (big surprise :P ) and I happend to hear a boy, no more than 9 years old, say the following to his friend of about the same age: "Those are the Transformers from the old TV show. I used to watch it when I was a kid."

I had to cover my mouth to keep from laughing out loud :lol:

So what have you heard lately?

BS

This isn't something I overheard, as much as it is something someone overheard me say. I was at a diner talking about the Whitest Kids U'know to a friend of my, describing a skit where there is implied bestiality. I meant to say the correct line, but instead I shout out "...and bestiality is WAAAAY overrated!" Suddenly, everyone in the diner turns their attention to me.

So, yeah funny and awkward. :)

This isn't something I overheard, as much as it is something someone overheard me say. I was at a diner talking about the Whitest Kids U'know to a friend of my, describing a skit where there is implied bestiality. I meant to say the correct line, but instead I shout out "...and bestiality is WAAAAY overrated!" Suddenly, everyone in the diner turns their attention to me.

So, yeah funny and awkward. :)

That's WHORE-able! ;)

Love those guys.

As the topic says, this is a place to share funny bits of conversations you have been lucky to over hear. I'll start.

Yesterday I was at Walmart in the toy section (big surprise :P ) and I happend to hear a boy, no more than 9 years old, say the following to his friend of about the same age: "Those are the Transformers from the old TV show. I used to watch it when I was a kid."

BS

Thats freaking hilarious!!

BS

That's not unusual. I'm 21 years old and I've seen it as a kid. You might not have noticed, but they did rerun the old episodes. And the DVD set has been out for ages.

I think I overheard some high school girls talking about Minimates at school the other day.

Why is this funny? This is a Catholic girl's school and as far as I know I'm the only person in it who actually knows what Minimates are :P

I think I overheard some high school girls talking about Minimates at school the other day.

Why is this funny? This is a Catholic girl's school and as far as I know I'm the only person in it who actually knows what Minimates are :P

sounds like your addiction was simply given a promotion to me!

i remember a few years ago i'd just got on a bus and sat at the back. there was this young woman and older man sitting on the other side, looking somewhere between awkward and guilty. after a couple of minutes, she sighed and looked up, asking 'why did you follow me to work?'. He spent the next 10 or so minutes repeatedly asking, in various tones...

'don't you love daddy? ... why don't you love daddy?'

... i tried my best to not laugh

I think once you have kid's and are on the receiving end of the weird comments you start appreciate the situation more. I remember when my twin boys were two and I took them to a crowded Wal-Mart on a Saturday morning. They sat in the cart and we went to the toy aisle where they wanted to play with some of those balls that they have in the large cage-like displays. When we had to leave, I took them from them and started to go. This upset them tremendously and as we left, the tears started flowing and they started crying out as loud as they could 'MY BALLS, DADDY! MY BALLS!' Over and over again, as loud as possible. They both continued to scream this all the way out of the store. I've never gotten such stares in my life.

I think once you have kid's and are on the receiving end of the weird comments you start appreciate the situation more. I remember when my twin boys were two and I took them to a crowded Wal-Mart on a Saturday morning. They sat in the cart and we went to the toy aisle where they wanted to play with some of those balls that they have in the large cage-like displays. When we had to leave, I took them from them and started to go. This upset them tremendously and as we left, the tears started flowing and they started crying out as loud as they could 'MY BALLS, DADDY! MY BALLS!' Over and over again, as loud as possible. They both continued to scream this all the way out of the store. I've never gotten such stares in my life.

That is hysterical!!! :lol: I'm sure my girls have said some funny things, but unfortunatly, I have a terrible memory. I don't think I have anything to top "MY BALLS!!" though. Classic.

BS

Nice story :lol:

We have new neighbours who introduced themselves to us yesterday . They are a nice normal couple & they have a dog, a bitch .

So.....I am bloody useless when I meet new people & when they introduce themselves I have an initial mental block & whatever they call themselves I instantly forget what they've said. We got on just fine & in conversation they mentioned having some problems with the boiler in their house & seeing as I used to own the house they now live in I offered to fix it later in the day.

So.....l've arrived at my new neighbour's house to fix the boiler & I met 'Martin' again ......his wife was nowhere to be seen & he looked a bit flustered to say the least......

"I've just had the shock of my life"

"What on earth's up" I asked

"Its Hazel ,we've just been down to the river & she decided to jump in...she just launched herself"

" Bloody Hell! Is she all right ?" I enquired

" A bit shook up "

" Bloody Hell ! Was she walking the dog?"

"Hazel is the dog"

We then just pissed ourselves laughing...........

I always remember working in a engineering shop and bursting into laughter listening to someone on the phone explain to a customer that "He could lay his hands on a small bender that could accommodate the persons length"

it was just a slip up but even the person who said it got the double entendre

Part of the fun of SDCC is wandering the floor while watching and listening to people. Here's a couple from this year with little to no context.

"Spock loves Burger King"

"You should never motorboat fake boobs... or real boobs. It's just not right."

(Referring to the last person who took her picture)

"He said he was going to put a penis on it and I said ...okay?"

I have friends who work at O'Rilies auto parts. They called Auto Zone on a slow day and proceeded to give them this story "Yeah, I have a DMC, and whenever i hit about 88MPH it starts shaking and feels like it's gona take off, and I smell burning rubber. It doesn't do it at 87 or 89, just 88"

They went through 2 employees and a manager and no one at Auto Zone got it.