UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are amazing, but by looking at them I can tell I stand no chance. You guys are too good for me! I don't have photoshop, artistic skill or anything. But who knows, I may give it a shot yet!

Those are amazing, but by looking at them I can tell I stand no chance. You guys are too good for me! I don't have photoshop, artistic skill or anything. But who knows, I may give it a shot yet!

Give it a shot, sometimes its the simple ones that are the best!

You should ... if only for the fact that if no one else enters, you've already won!

I have to admit, I'm pretty intimidated by those 1st 2 entries. But I'm gonna give it a shot too ... just to keep in the spirit of these boards.

Best of luck to the entrants ... and thanks to MMMV for putting on such an AWESOME contest!

Xy

I wouldn't rule out my own chances if I were you. Sure there is some stiff competition here, but you never know your chances until you try. The most simplest of covers can trump the most complex if the attention to detail is great enough. I know my chances are slim, as always, but I'm still trying to participate just for the fun of it all. Besides, a couple of Maximates is enough encentive for me to throw something out there.

There is free software available called The Gimp that is similar to photoshop. Google it and give it a shot. :)

Oh yeah i do have that,but i suck at that aswell.

Um i don't have any comics :( , so does anyone have a link to some comic book covers....

There is free software available called The Gimp that is similar to photoshop. Google it and give it a shot. :)
Thanks, I'll look into it. I do have all the four and doom, so ill probably do a ff cover.

Oh yeah i do have that,but i suck at that aswell.

Um i don't have any comics :( , so does anyone have a link to some comic book covers....

i fond one for you ZArox and hear it is mrlcomics.com it has almost every thing marvel

To answer some questions I've had recently:

Photoshop IS fine, just dont take a singular picture of a singular minimate and paste it onto a scan of the comic. If you wanted you could pose and photo several mates individually and place them on the cover, but remember the contest is about creativity, you might not get many votes that way.

Gatefold/Fold Out/Wrap Around covers are fine.

Your minimates can ALL be customs if you so choose.

Artistic license is fine, the articulation of Minimates might not allow for exact replicas.

Your submission must actually contain a minimate, you cant just draw.

And a reminder if you cant find a high res copy of the art you want, let me know.