UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Bring Comic Covers/Scenes to Life! Minimate Style!!!

AdyCarter

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow those r all awesome it woud be really nice though if they made a another less rare nightcrarwler cause those r in all of the good and cool comics (ok not but a lot)any1 know if they r ever gonna make some classic x men for newer fansor anything like that even ultimate or new x men would be acceptable

Being the huge X-Men fan that I am... I really wanted to cheat and do the technically one cover, but really four cover foldout from X-Men (2nd Series) #1... buuuuut, I don't have the time or spare minimates to do that many customs, so I went with what I had on hand.

I also considered doing one of the JLA/Avengers limited series covers, but again, same problem.

Now, since those were out, going back to X-Men, I decided a cover from The Dark Phoenix Saga would be the way to go, since they're so recognizable, and a big part fo X-Men history. (And I see I'm not the only entrant who went that way, hehe) I kinda wanted to do #131, so I could use Emma, but that again would mean customs that I couldn't manage, so I went with yonder cover, #136, which I felt was one of the most recognizable, and screaming to be made into minimates X-Men covers ever...

CoverSmall3-2.jpg

CoverReal2.jpg

Sooo... I'm happy with it. I tried to keep the layout as accurate as possible, but as my fellow artists will probably agree, minimate proportions are hard to constrain to the same poses as the images their based... hehe... They're so much tinyer. Hehe... So anyway, I had to adjust some scaling and placement a bit to accomadate.

I'm still itching to do more though, and on that note, I have a question...

If I make something I like better, would I be able to pull this entry in favor of my theoretically newer and better entry? (Be it an entirely different cover, or a revised version of this one?) Or have I set this in stone as my entry upon posting it? Hehe...

Anyway, happy to enter, and I hope ya'll likes it.

Wow those are all awesome. It woud be really nice though if they made a another, less rare Nightcrawler because those are in all of the good and cool comics (ok not all but a lot). Anyone know if they are ever going to make some Classic x-men for newer fans or anything like that? Even ultimate or new x-men would be acceptable.

I know that feeling, though I was lucky enough to get Nightcrawler thanks to Shanster!

I got my Dark Phoenix/CYclop just yesterday, and I could have done that. But alas, stolen. Ah well.

Just onaccounta I was 1st to jump on it don't means I stoled it. :(

I don't think he seriously meant you stole it. He's just expressing mock regret for a golden opportunity slipping through his fingers.

You did a great job on capturing the scene, even the minute details such as the parents in the background with the Professor. And the facial expressions are pure genius.

In regards to your question about changing your entry, I'm unsure of what the rules will allow. The limitation of just one entry seems to suggest to me that you cannot change it later on, but I'm not in charge and thus don't make the final judgement. However, why would you want to change it? It's gold!

I got my Dark Phoenix/CYclop just yesterday, and I could have done that. But alas, stolen. Ah well.

Just onaccounta I was 1st to jump on it don't means I stoled it. :(

No, it's great! That's why I wish I had done it! I love the expressions!

Wow those are all awesome. It woud be really nice though if they made a another, less rare Nightcrawler because those are in all of the good and cool comics (ok not all but a lot). Anyone know if they are ever going to make some Classic x-men for newer fans or anything like that? Even ultimate or new x-men would be acceptable.

I know that feeling, though I was lucky enough to get Nightcrawler thanks to Shanster!

Anyone know how you can get a nightcrawler? :blink:

Your request should be posted in the Flea Market Forum. You should create yourself a Wants/Haves list and check what other members have to offer.

Your request should be posted in the Flea Market Forum. You should create yourself a Wants/Haves list and check what other members have to offer.

True. and I (and most of us) am always looking for new and different mates (my collections small) so post one and I'll see what I can do! :D

Many people have asked several questions, here is summarized recap.

Q & A's

============================================================

Q: Can I pull my entry for another that may be a revised version or a completely different one?

A: No, Once you've posted your entry it's the final version. You cannot go back to work on your entry or pull your entry for another.

Q: Can I enter a custom page/panel drawn by the artist?

A: No, it must be a factory released printed page from a book.

Q: Can a full comic page with multiple frames be used as an entry?

A: Just the one frame please, the original idea was just Comic Covers, but then we expanded it to scenes too in order to give people more scope, however a full page (4 frames) would be an unfair item to compare to one single panel or a cover. Gatefold/Fold Out/Wrap Around covers are fine.

Q: Can an entry be made with no official factory released minimates?

A: Yes, your creation can have as many custom minimates as you desire and does not need to be an official factory released minimate but needs to have a minimate base.

Q: If I recreated a cover, would it be acceptable to paint a picture of a minimate or does it have to be an actual photo?

A: Your submission must actually contain a minimate, you can't just draw. However, you can make some alterations to the photo that may achieve the desired effect.

Q: Do the costumes need to be accurate to the ones from the comic?

A: You don't have to be accurate, but you might not get peoples votes if you aren't.

Q: How much photoshop is allowed?

A: Yeah reasonable photoshop usage is allowed, just don't go absolutely nuts. Use the Giant Sized X-Men example as a guideline. However don't just photoshop a Minimate over a scan of an existing cover. If you wanted you could pose and photo several mates individually and place them on the cover, but remember the contest is about creativity, you might not get many votes that way.