UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New contest?

Page110

I know I'm new but I THINK(I'm not sure.) I might run a contest. I am talking to a staff member about it now and I am not sure what the prizes are going to be. Or the theme of the contest I might do it in the far to middle future. :D If you have any suggestions for a contest theme or restriction please post it. :biggrin:

Edited by Page110

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the contest should be the third person to respond to your thread.

or the first person to name ten movies in a statement/anecdote.

i'm going to a house party the friday after next, and I think it's going to be out of sight. I can be a bit of a party monster, but it beats staying home alone. I do tend to have a history of violence at these shindigs, but I usually crash early. I can't really do many shots, but i've seen folks do as many as 12 rounds. there are often pool parties, and though i'm no swimfan, to others it's child's play

:D

Edited by killcharlesdead

Some suggestions for customizing contests:

• There hasn't been a custom of the year contest for quite some time.
  • Everybody seems to be on a Ghostbusters kick at the forum so how about a custom minimate ghost contest?
  • We had a custom minimate villains contest a ways back. There was a fun turnout.
  • How about a custom Iron Man minimate contest? Seeing how Tony Stark has like a billion suits of armor, participants could create there own mission specific IM custom.
That's just a few ideas off the top of my head.

How about a photo related contest for those that are customizingly-challenged? Maybe collest minimate photo contest?

This would be fun and more accessible for those of us who aren't skilled in the ways of painting and sculpting.

How about a photo related contest for those that are customizingly-challenged? Maybe collest minimate photo contest?

If it's anything like the Minimate Hunt contest TBT has hosted for the past two years, I can dig it :)

Although... WTF is a "collest"?

Coincidentally I've been sort-of working on a contest myself, asked Shane about it and everything. A couple of you already have an idea what it is. Page110, perhaps you'd like to collaborate? ;)

If it's anything like the Minimate Hunt contest TBT has hosted for the past two years, I can dig it :)

Although... WTF is a "collest"?

"The Darkside I see you go to"

This would be fun and more accessible for those of us who aren't skilled in the ways of painting and sculpting.

I dont follow? How about a half and half like half photo related half costume minimate? There would be a 1st prize and second for each an account of two contests. yeah? I also like the idea of all the Tony stark armors lol.

groundhog was referring to a contest like this one, and from what I gather it was a pretty big, fun contest that usually came after SDCC. Of course, a contest like this one doesn't necessarily have to be of the same insanely vast scope, but it has to follow the same non-customizer* friendly spirit of fun.

*emphasis on this because believe it or not, not everybody in the Multiverse is a prize-winning Minimate customizer. Heck, some of us can't even mix paint to save our lives :blink:

groundhog was referring to a contest like this one, and from what I gather it was a pretty big, fun contest that usually came after SDCC. Of course, a contest like this one doesn't necessarily have to be of the same insanely vast scope, but it has to follow the same non-customizer* friendly spirit of fun.

*emphasis on this because believe it or not, not everybody in the Multiverse is a prize-winning Minimate customizer. Heck, some of us can't even mix paint to save our lives :blink:

I get what you mean This contest would be my 1st custom even thou i can not enter lol.

I'm partial to the custom contests, however, those re-create a BLANK (comic cover, movie poster, etc.) ones were great fun.

Do you mean recreate a movie poster with minimates? Other than that I'm thinking about doing both at the same time.

Like a custom minimate and a photo think what do you call them?

Here is what I am thinking. Because I can not think of the theme or restriction for the minimate poster contest thing here is what I have for the custom minimate.

So far Really liked.

* Make your own Tony stark armor. (Because he has so many you make one lol. Credit to MINI_MYTE )

* Character from an 80's/90's movie.

* Best super villain. (Credit to MINI_MYTE)

* Best mega man custom (If we do that I'm so making wood man.)

* And other stuff I can not think right now.

Edited by Page110

* Character from an 80's/90's movie.

* Best mega man custom (If we do that I'm so making wood man.)

Yes and yes!!! I hardly play Mega Man anymore, but when i, boy did i!! Perfect character in mind, too. :yes:

And the 90s one is just win, since all good came from the 90s. Again, perfect thing already lined up, and i've actually wanted to do it for a while. What better timing?? ;)

How about rather than making it a specific type of contest (custom, photo-challenge, movie poster, etc.), you make it a contest centering on a specific theme? Like if the next big movie of the season is G.I. Joe, you start an open G.I. Joe contest where people can do their own Minimate-style homage to the series: a Minimate version of the movie poster, a Cobra Commander custom, a Snake Eyes photocomic....

Then you just use regular artistic criteria like originality, audience impact, execution... whatever.

And the 90s one is just win, since all good came from the 90s. Again, perfect thing already lined up, and i've actually wanted to do it for a while. What better timing?? ;)

Tell me what good came from the 90's (besides me, of course :teehee:)

Pearl Jam.

(Your Mileage May Vary)

Or me?? :P Well...

Jim Lee's X-men

Ren and Stimpy

Pinky and the Brain

Super Freak (not the song...that wasn't 90s...)

"Psyche"

RL Stine's Goosebumps

Plastic Cartoon lunchboxes

Power Rangers :D

Nintendo '64

Where's Waldo

Saved by the Bell

GOOD music

Michael Jordan

Or do you just mean movies??

A League of Their Own

Forest Gump

Legends of the Fall

As Good as it Gets

Bed of Roses

City of Angels

Schindler's List

Silence of the Lambs

Titanic

Malcolm X

Dead Man Walking

Se7en

The Sixth Sense

Resevoir Dogs

Terminator 2: Judgement Day

Batman and Robin (hell, i loved, and love, it!! :lol:)

Jurassic Park

The Matrix

Apollo 13

Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD

I know my '90s. And ONE of those titles i have in mind if this is contest.

:lol: Who am I kidding. I am a 90's kid, as I could only disagree with you on three things:

Ren and Stimpy. Wasn't allowed to watch it when it came out for obvious reasons. Watched a few clips of it on youtube, and can't under stand why it's popular at all.

Saved by the Bell. Weak compared to the ultimate TFIF shows, Boy Meets World and Dinosaurs

GOOD Music. Not sure who you mean, but when I think of 90's music, I immediately think of Vanilla Ice and Nirvana. :sick:

(NR does bring up a good point about Pearl Jam!)

You don't like Nirvana? Can't say that it's surprising what with the fan hype and all, but a couple of their songs really are good. I'm not just talking about "Smells Like Teen Spirit" either: there's "Lithium","In Bloom", "Heart-Shaped Box", "Come As You Are", and my personal favorites, "Pennyroyal Tea", "Serve The Servants" and their cover of David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold The World." Gotta agree with you on Vanilla Ice though :down:

Though I have to ask: How does Page110's contest idea fare into all of this again? :lol:

Edited by NorthRaider