UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I went to TRU today in hopes of Wave 9...sadly, still no luck; Canary and Arrow still evade my grasp. :(

On the bright side, I DID snag a variant Barda!! This was the version i wanted of her back when 7 came out, so I'm fairly pleased. Still want my Chemo Wave, but this is a very nice substitue.

Do we know when Mattel plans on launching their new retail-toy Shopping site?? They're supposed to have Wave 9 up a month after retail, so that may be my last chance.

I just read somewhere that wave 9 was EXTREMELY under-produced. Like only 25% of orders were filled. I hope that's not the case, as this is the only wave that I actually want a good majority of the characters

I just read the same thing on AFI an hour ago. It's a damn shame that one of the MOST sought-after of any product ends up like this, especially when it's thw wave i've wanted the most from all of these.

Of course, it also figures that BBTS and Toywiz both just sold out of complete sets...the only one I know of still in-stock is Toyrocket. And I am NOT risking that. I guess i just have to hope that my LCS will come through for me in the end. It's a shame that retail is getting so much emphasis on a collector-driven line, even if it is a well-known retail-company like Mattel. I mean, LCS' put in for at least 3 sets, and barely get one half the time. It's just a damn shame.

Congrats. I ordered a Green Arrow, but won't pay more than retail for the rest. Hoping to run across them in the store, but not very optimistic on that front. . .particularly since I don't get to TRU or Target very much anymore.

Hi Def images of wave 12 are now available. Can't wait for that Dr. Mid Nite and Darkseid. Wish the rest of the wave didn't suck for the most part. Well, Spectre's pretty cool.

Edited by karamazov80

Well, I've always had a soft spot for Eclipso. Not quite sure why. I think the only one I'm not impressed by is Iron. I think they'd be better off selling the Metal Men as two-packs on MattyCollector. Spectre does look awesome and I'd like to see the Crispus Allen version. I love Crispus Allen. It's a shame he got shafted.

Edited by God Magnus

Well, i went to Wal Mart the other day. Unfortunateluy, no Wave 9 and any 5-packs had sold out (there was a sticker for them...at $60...ugh). I did get a Recovery Suit Superman and A Mr. Miracle (to accompany Barda) though, and they both are great; Supes' head is a tad loose, but nothing major. I find it funny, though, that while the figure was a Mr. Mircale, he had a Doc Impossible card-back. XD

I got Black Canary! She's awesome.

I got her at a TRU, they also had Wildcat and Super Powers Mantis (I'm starting to regret not getting him as well...). I'm still hoping to find Deadshot and Ollie at retail though.

Lucky bastard. <_<:P I kid, i kid, but i am severely jealous of you for that. I wish my TRU would at least stock DCUC (barda was the last), let alone Wave 9, LET ALONE BLACK CANARY. She's by far the reason i'm interested in the wave, with hubby-Ollie at a close second. I'd kill for her.

I found Black Canary's package :blink:

In the last year, we've got one of those buy-a-toy-stick-something-else-in-package-then return-it jackasses working the closest Wal-Mart and Target to me. (No real loss cause the toy mangers for both are completely clueless and rarly had anything anyway) But is does mean occassional I come across his handywork. He at least had the forthought to put an old DCD Black Canary in the DCUC box. (Did the same with Green Arrow, yet put a McGennis Cap. Atom in the Wildcat box) But he's also lazy and never drives the 5 mins down the road to the other Wal-mart or Target. So if I come across a BC or any of wave 10 there, I'll do what I can.

Well, i went with my Dad to go grocery shopping today with hopes of finding Wave 9 (or BSG Miniflyers) at TRU. Yea, no luck on either...

There just happens to be a Wal Mart across the street though, so i thought "what the hell; they may have re-stocked Wave 6 or somethin..." Well, i pretty much had all of the slowest walkers in all of NJ this evening, making the want for anything DCUC much more painful. Then i got to the Superhero aisle; boy was i shocked. I looked up and down...no Wave 9 or 6, just 2 KB Cyborgs (WASTE OF A FIGURE!!!), a WGSH Firestorm, and a Kid Flash. And then i looked down; DCIH Omac...Dr. Fate...Gotham Knight 3-pack...DCUC GOTHAM CITY 5-PACK!!!!!!!! Well hot-diggity damn!!! I tell ya, i felt so happy to see that; i wanted all of the figures (and, of course, who wouldn't want Super Friends Lex??) and finally got my hands on them. I gotta say though, i seriously considered putting it back there...i'm trying to save up money for Big Apple Con (Battlestar AND Warehouse casts!!!) and a VIP Michael Turner Tribute package (favorite artist), so i needed the money.

And then i remembered Christmas money that i can get in advance, and all was good again. :)

I don't normally collect these, until I saw this

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/08/first-loo...eries-10-part-2

Power girl!!! I must have her!!,

but these are only exclusive to wal-mart and well my local walmart sucks!(all they have series 6)

If any of you guys spot her, please let me know, I will pay for it!

thanks!

Well Serge, if you end up going the eBay route and buying a whole set, I guess I'll do the altruistic thing and give you $10-15 for Joker. That's way more than you would get on eBay, but I'm just in a giving mood today.

Ah, the Walmart Waves...some of the HARDEST things to track down...i only want Robot Man and Power Girl anyway...

Lucky, lucky me. I went to another mall today to pick up my Halo: ODST Combo Pack, and went in glorious Hall of Heroes. Well thank God i did; someone forgot to come get their hold-items, and 4 of DCUC Wave 9 went back on the floor!!! I only bought Blue Wildcat tonight, but put Deadshot, Black Adam, and Guardian on hold for next week. Thank you God!!! That definitely shortens my list, and just looking for Arrow, Canary, and Mantis will be a lot easier than the whole wave.

And my LCS might have a Kingdom Come Captain Atom, which i need for Despero, so i've been having a good DCUC week. :lol: