UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DC Universe Classics

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this picutre from the wave that he's in that has already been confirmed answer your question??

2lvz7kx.jpg

Yea...i wanted Modern Superboy too...i HATE the old costume.

Damn it.

It should be classic Superboy--just regular Superman outfit on the Kid Flash-sized body. Must come with Krypto.

That's what would be awesome about a modern Superboy since Krypto hangs out with him all the time he could be included.

He's the best Joker I've seen and have now in my collection :D I think they are looking to wrap up Reign of Superman, which is why they did this Superboy. I did hear somewhere that they are planning on doing the modern Superboy and Wonder Girl down the line. Something I appreciate is how they are slowly closing up particular teams. With the exception of Martian Manhunter, JLA key members are done. They are working on Teen Titans and the Doom Patrol in the next several waves. Not to mention getting cracking on both GL Corp and Sinistro Corp. Like most, I just hope that my wallets gets a breather before the next wave hits. I've been so broke I can't even get the Matty stuff. Speaking of Matty, they are having a sale on Black Friday.

I do see them trying to finish teams, but what is the logic behind their handling of the Titans? Starfire is a full-sized, adult female, Kid Flash (70s/early 80s version) is the young teen-sized figure, Robin is also small I believe, but he's modern Robin, Cyborg is full-sized, adult version, Changeling is young teen-sized, but is wearing what must be a contemporary outfit (not his 70s/early 80s outfit). Who knows what size Wonder Girl (70s/early 80s version) or Raven will be?

So, it kind of defeats the point of getting a team together if they aren't all the same size. I would like to have the Wolfman/Perez Titans, but that would require almost adult sized figures of most of those guys from that period (they were all around 17-18 years old at the time in the comics), but I don't suppose it would happen. However, I would be happy with 14ish year old versions of the old Titans if they would wrap that up correctly (particularly if they did Speedy and Aqualad), but I'm wondering if that will happen, either.

Honestly, I think it would have been a better idea to just keep all the characters (irrespective of age) about the same size. Also, why the heck is Captain Cold the size of a 14 year old?

I decided to take a day or so before getting back to you Karamazov80, so that I could really think of my reply. If the scale issues are the biggest thing you can complain about, you are doing better than most. Trust me, on other boards the main issue is distribution, which makes them hard to find. I also don't agree on the ages of the original New Titans, but I could be wrong. Gar was the youngest of the members and Starfire seemed pretty tall in those comics to me. This and trying to be more adult in storyline, is why they switched over to The Titans down the line. In regards to multiple scales vs standard scale of the figures, they tried the standard scale in the DCSH Waves and what we got was a entirely undersized Darkseid and Doomsday :( Me? I don't want to see the 60's version of these characters, but the 80's and modern versions of the team. Same with The Outsiders, would love to see an Aparo version of Bat's down the line. We're only 11 waves into things, 12 if you count the auctions in Hong Kong. Who knows, maybe you'll eventually get those figures your asking for.

Got my Matty order in yesterday; the Sinestro Corpsmen are incredible; i mean, some of the Horsemen's best work. Hell, the rings have sculpted Sinestro Symbols in them!! Bravo. I am insanely impressed...now all i have to do is decide if they belong on the DCUC Villains shelf or the DCD Green Lantern shelf, next to Kryb and Sinestro... :blush:

Oh, and i did it. I found Wave 10!! All of it!! Oh...wait...that's not right; i'm still missing one; JOKER. Really?!?!?!?! He's one of the overpackes figures, and he's the only one sold out. I hate this; i just want to getthis damn wave over with and move on to the GL wave on Mattycollector. <_< I could only open one, with the others for Christmas, so i picked my 2nd biggest want from the Wave (technically THE biggest, but i found him 2ng...:blush:), Robotman. I LOVE this figure; the Doom Patrol is one of my favorite DC teams, and i can already tell that i'm gonna love these guys. Now for my favorite, Negative Man!! :P

Oh, and MORE news regarding that WalMart listing:

Sadly, Plas is NOT part of the wave; his UPC is so different because it turns out that he is a DCIH figure. That makes Jemm the final figure in the wave, and not a variant. shame; Plastic Man would have been fun. At least now the rumor of him being a SDCC figure is still open, meaning tons of Plastic add-ons. ;) Oh, and the one missing UPC is Negative Man.

Here are the wave 11 dpci's thanks to AFI. I'm not sure if they are cross referenced or what? A buddy of mine ask, so I passed on the info to him and now to you guys. LMK if these work ;)

27084-72800 - N7175 - Katma Tui

27084-72803 - N7185 - John Stewart

27084-72804 - N7186 - Shark

27084-72805 - N7188 - Steppenwolf

27084-72806 - N7189 - The Question

27084-72811 - P1585 - Deadman

27084-72812 - P1586 - Cyborg Superman

To Donster's post, I have been fortunate in that board members here have actually helped me with some of the figures I can't find in the stores. The distribution here sucks like everywhere else, to the point where I don't really bother looking anymore. I figure I'll pre-order from BBTS, run across someone who might help, or pay eBay rates. I've resigned to that until Matty starts selling them on their site, and that's just the way it is. Same with the TRU Minimates. I'm not gonna find them apparently, so I'm just gonna assume that I'll have to get them online.

But in my opinion, there are 3 major draws to the DCUC line: 1) the terrific sculpts; 2) the articulation; and 3) the uniformity of the figures so that they "pose" well together. With the Teen Titans they have been really inconsistent with outfit design (modern version of this character, 1980s version of that character, etc.) and size as I posted previously. I hope that you are right and I'll get my Wolfman/Perez team as well as my older-school, 1960s team, but if not, sticking a huge Starfire with a munchkin Kid Flash who is the same size as Beast Boy (wearing some strange, modern outfit) doesn't work for me.

Having said all that, though, at the end of the day we're getting great toys here. Taking my Super Powers nostalgia out of the equation, with the exception of the Minimates and the Hot Toys figures, these are the best DC toys I've ever seen, and I'm thankful to have them. It's just too bad that the "deciders" seem to have made some strange decisions in terms of distribution, as well as outfit and size choice, because Mattel fails big time in some of these areas, in my opinion.

Edited by karamazov80

Sigh...i hate Wal Mart.

I have ALL of Wave 10, with Robot Man and PG opened and the rest for Christmas. All except one certain Clown Prince of Crime. :rolleyes: Ya know what makes me mad?? He's the overpacked figure, alongside PG and Bats, and we have had 5 cases hit my store so far. The first time they all sold. The second time, they all sold except PG (who i bought). The third time, there was a fresh case minus Joker. Yesterday my store put out TWO cases at once; something they hadn't done yet. Everything except ALL the PGs and ALL the Batmen sold. Yes, SIX Jokers sold out. Okay, the Clown Prince isn't that friggin popular among children, and i'm sure they'd want Batman too. Also, since the case was put out the previous morning, i can honestly say that there is no way 6 collectors came by and bought up the entire cases without at least PG. So how the hell is Joker the only one i ever fucking miss?!?!?!?! For God's sake, come ON.

idk, i heard you should never buy toys, from hong kong or thailand since most of the time their cheap knock offs. T hough I neve dealt with it personally. dosen't joker have more accessories ? he just has the hammer in the picture. I say to think twice or maybe ask the seller a question about the figure.

Edited by SErge

I didn't notice that this is probably a factory reject. Still, Joker can be had for less than $20. In my opinion, the $7 or so you save by buying from the store still isn't worth the hassle, but that's just my opinion.

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw...g=50&_rdc=1

In other news, wave 11 pack of 8 w/Kilowog BAF will be available from Mattycollector on Dec. 15.

Edited by karamazov80

He is pretty cheap on eBay at this point. Go that route instead of wasting time going to Wal-Mart, I say:

http://cgi.ebay.com/DC-Universe-Classics-J...=item27ad8daf02

I agree, but when the item description reads "Loose , used and all delivery include as photo .All figures may paint lost and dirt randomly. This figures do include accessories as photo." I get a little nervous!

The last figure I've even seen in my local area is Captain Cold, Kid Flash, and Booster Gold. I haven't seen any of the other waves and I have been thinking about just giving up collecting this stuff. I am thinking of maybe just doing the Justice League but there are so many great characters. Damnit!!!

Just announced in this month's Toyfare:

Wave 13 confirmed, along with the ridiculous Negative Man variant. Point. Less.

NEW WalMart 2-packs!!

-Modern Batman (technically Bruce) and Classic Tim Drake

-(Blue) Black Manta and Metallic Aquaman (looks kinda homosexual and neat at the same time...:blink:)

Wave 12 Variant pictures (already a few pages back here. ;))

Well, I'm hitting as many threads dedicated to DCU as I can. If anyone finds Wave 8's Gentleman Ghost and can hook me up with cost + shipping, I'd really appreciate it. It's the last piece of my puzzle and it appears he is hitting certain areas. I contacted someone over at Fwoosh, but the guy didn't get back to me after our initial pm. Gotta love it when folks hold a figure for ransom :confused:

Thanks HSLB, appreciate it. I'll admit, if it wasn't for some of the local guys on Fwoosh I wouldn't have my Wave 10 set complete, but it's just a real snake pit for the most part. I'm a try to treat people the way I want to be treated, but on that board it seems very rare to find folks who think the same way. I've had pretty good luck on AFI and might try and mass e-mail some friends to see if they can help too. Glad you got the invite. It might be a few days before I'm on Live again, since I have to disconnect the modem and all that when I do so.