UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Box Set

Or you could buy Cloak ad Dagger, and have Dagger watch you mutilate Cloak and remake him into a big black dog of evilness.

Just a thought...Can't imagine what you'd do with Dagger, then, though...;)

I was really upset to know that my LCS guy forgot to order these for this week...until i saw that i spent $50 on comics and sighed a sigh of relief. And then i got the word that BSG comes to my TRU tomorrow, so my wallet and i had a good laugh over a nice, cold cola. The boxset looks great all the same, though, and i am really excited to get it. I'm one of those teens that actually know what Ghosbusters is, and actually liked it. It was fun and quirky, and the the minimates look incredibly fun as well.

Oh yeah! I forgot about him XD I've actually been able to stand his cape with head and hood attached without the body.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I'm waiting for Toy Rocket to ship my set. (they've already charged my card, so I assume they already did.) Hopefully they'll be here by Monday.

Just one tiny nitpick: You guys have the nuetrona wands upside down on the packs. :P

Huh? I thought that was rightsideup.

Or you could buy Cloak ad Dagger, and have Dagger watch you mutilate Cloak and remake him into a big black dog of evilness.

aaaaaaaand then use his cloak for amazing things, like making the hood... you know, because he is a badass.

Here are my photo's, and sorry if its too much. I just wanted to show off these great mates. I didn't want to open it b/c they look so great in the package.

100_0605.jpg

100_0601.jpg

100_0608.jpg

100_0609.jpg

100_0614.jpg

The white part of the flyer that's cut off is the little feedback form. Mine will tell DST that the paint on every set at my shop was messed up on the legs.

100_0615.jpg

100_0616.jpg

100_0610.jpg

100_0611.jpg

100_0612.jpg

As you can see, the guns (I forgot the name) can swivel. They are on a peg on the pack itself and stay on pretty snug. They also did a peg coming out of the belt for mare accessories. Peter has a cell phone and Egon has the PKE meter. These fit very snug on mine which is good since they wont fall off like blade's round spinning thing (also forgot the name) or taskmasters sword. I had a photo of them holding their belt items, but it seems to have been deleted accidentally or something.

100_0613.jpg

100_0620.jpg

100_0621.jpg

100_0623.jpg

100_0622.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0625.jpg

100_0626.jpg

The dog legs are very tight, which is great, but they can be hard to remove. Plus all 4 of my dogs knee joints were not as tight, borderline loose.

100_0627.jpg

Louis is literally wearing a doggie diaper. It was a little hard to take off, since you have to remove his legs from the pegs while he is wearing the thing. I had to push the upper inner thigh away from the peg to seperate them, but it also put pressure on the calf piece. I'd recommend displaying him one way or the other since too much of this will make his joints all kinds of loose.

100_0628.jpg

100_0629.jpg

100_0638.jpg

100_0632.jpg

Overall, I like these a lot, but will be more excited when I have some ghosts from TRU.

EDIT: Can anyone tell me how the hell to shrink these a little so they dont take up so much room?

Edited to update pic links.

Edited by arnim zola

EDIT: Can anyone tell me how the hell to shrink these a little so they dont take up so much room?

If you had uploaded them while you posted on MMV then they would have scaled to the page.

T.

did someone say "tentacle doujinshi?" :whistling:

God, I hope not :sick:...

arnim zola, that last Louis pose is hilarious!

Just picked these up, they really are beyond awesome... seems like they hiked the SRP up a bit since it was first solicited, but well worth the cash. I hope one of the GBs in the second set comes with a trap, and that Ray still has his goggles as an alternate hairpiece (he has just hair now in all the proto-photos in that pamphlet).

It still makes me laugh how impossible GB minimates seemed less than a year ago, in that dream license thread :lol:. At the time I would've killed for a simple 4-pack of the boys, but these are so much more...

The white part of the flyer that's cut off is the little feedback form. Mine will tell DST that the paint on every set at my shop was messed up on the legs.

Thanks for all the pics! If the messed up paint you're referring to is how Peter's legs look different from Egon's, the AA blog somebody linked to earlier in the page said this:

One of these details picked out is that Peter Venkman doesn’t tuck his pants into his boots while the other Ghostbusters do. It may seem like an omission of paint and tampo on the Venkman Minimate at first, but it’s just one of those little details that we try to put into the Minimates to make them true to the source material.

So they actually got that one right!

Since you're using Photobucket, perhaps you should try thumbnails next time. There should be Thumbnails options in the drop-down menu for each pic... if not, you should be able to remedy that with Options/Preferences/whatever.

And that tidbit about the so-called missed tampo" on Peter's legs actually being movie-accurate is pretty cool. Perhaps some "wrinkled, untucked pants legs" tampos would've made that clearer to buyers, but it's not like that detracts from the appeal of the 'mates.

Awesome pictures! I got the set yesterday, but haven't opened it yet. I am trying to get two sets, so I can have one to keep MOC and one to open. My LCS has one set left, but I can't pick it up until next week. Hopefully it's still there. Otherwise, it's online purchasing.

I have a fun setup in my head of the Busters facing off against my 15" NECA Stay Puft, and with the 2" scale, I think it will look pretty hilarious.

Awesome pictures! I got the set yesterday, but haven't opened it yet. I am trying to get two sets, so I can have one to keep MOC and one to open. My LCS has one set left, but I can't pick it up until next week. Hopefully it's still there. Otherwise, it's online purchasing.

I have a fun setup in my head of the Busters facing off against my 15" NECA Stay Puft, and with the 2" scale, I think it will look pretty hilarious.

Velcome Doc Venkman......be quick with those pics because I also have a similar idea.

I guarantee your pics will be better :P

I've noticed, and I'm sure it's probably because it was shipped this way, but everyone's terror dogs front legs are backwards. All the promo photos and even the concept art shows/says that the legs are supposed to bend the opposite way on the front.

These look fantastic.. my LCS said he'll have these in next wednesday.. so I'll have to wait. At least I'll have time to dig through my spare parts and find some black legs and torso for the hell hound.

Can't wait for more of these to come out!!!