UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

the comic haul thread

ok, so I looked around a bit and I am fairly certain this doesn't exist already.

so what comics did you buy this week, would you recommend them to other 'versers?

this past wednesday I bought new mutants #2 (vol. 3) and deadpool: suicide kings #3

and I would recommend both to existing fans of the characters, but the stories might be a bit out there for new readers to get their feet wet with.

and today! I picked up new mutants 1-86 of volume one for just under $90, all bagged and boarded :D

let see I picked up

the new batman and robin series by grant morrison and Frank Quitely- it was a pretty good start, loved the artwork

Dark avengers 5- one of the books I look forward to every month, the other one is power girl :D

I personally recommend dark avengers not only is the story great, but I'm a huge fan of deodato's art!

This week I'm going to pick up GRC 37, deadpool 11(gotta see how bullseye deals with that merc!), and ASM(American son looks like an okay story, not a big fan of harry)

heard flash rebirth was okay, not that great from the reviews I've read, but haven't picked up a single issue, I might check it out, to decide for my own!

I'll just go ahead and head this off. Instead of posting every week on this, I thought I'd just go ahead and say that any time there is an Ultimate book I will get it. If there are no Ultimate books, then I get nothing.

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Hurm...what didn't i buy last week would be a MUCH better question...nah, i usually only have one big-splurging week a month, unless Minimates are released. Last week:

Deadpool: Suicide Kings #3 (sucks because i forgot to buy #2 :blush:)

The Complete Dracula #1

BSG: The Final Five #3 (any BSG fan not reading this, i pity you. It's great; writing, art, and continuity to the show flow perfectly)

Dark Avengers #5

Ultimate Spider-man #133

Ultimatum #4

Ultimatum #4 Variant Cover (hey, who doesn't want a cover that shows a dead Peter Parker?!)

New Avengers: The Reunion #4 (Aw...i loved this series...shame to see it over already...:( Happy ending though.)

New Mutants #2

And a complete set of T2 singles, with extra Reg and BD Endos, but those aren't comics. ;) Yes, i even own my first Display-box now!! :lol:

so today I got deadpool #11, and almost picked up new mutants #1 again thinking it was #3

also picked up the BD t-800 and the half human terminator mates. pretty sweet.

now I get to go to work in an hour =(

Edited by killcharlesdead

Who-boy, semi-big haul. :)

Toyfare #144

Buck Rogers #1

Flash: Rebirth #3

The Unwritten #2

Red Robin #1

Green Lantern Corps #37

Batman #687

X-men Forever #1

and my prize for the week:

Uncanny X-men #511 featuring a cover depicting Jean Grey rising from her grave...:jawdrop::thumbsup:

Edited by Twisted Two-Face

This week haul was pretty small

ASM: I'm a sucker for any dark avengers materiel

GLC 37: just because it's green lantern corps?

I couldn't get deadpool 11....I ran out of money...Damn SDCC!!

Next week Power girl 2! :wub: and sinister spiderman!

• 1 month later...

I've just finished Champions 1-17,the original run from the mid-70's & all I can say is "don't bother". I had a few issues in my collection already which I had read in the 70's but I don't remember them to be that bad......but they are. With the new Champions Minimate set having just been released I thought I'd happily reminisce seeing as the line-up promised so much. The stories are bland & the continuity non-existent ,they couldn't even disband in their own comic having to do so in a later 'Avengers' comic. How could a team with so many great characters fail ? The Minimates however look tremendous :D

Next up is the 'Iron Man-Demon in a bottle' run which i've just started which is altogether a different proposition.....far more entertaining!

Very nice haul this week:

Ultimate X-men: Requiem

Justice League: Cry for Justice #2

Iron Man: Armor Wars (Modern...WTF??) #1 of 4

Deadpool: Merc with a Mouth #2

Captain America: Reborn #2 of 5

X-men Forever #4 (missed it from last week :()

Luke Cage Noir #1

Ghost Riders: Heaven's on Fire #1 of 6

Wednesday Comics #5 of 12 (sadly i don't have #1 :()

And, of course, CSN #1155 and a very interesting poster: Ultimate Iron Man: Armor Wars...!!