UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The Hangover!

So far on Rottentomatoes.com out of 12 reviews all are fresh and it has a 100%,and other early reviews say that the movie is well directed (Todd Phillips) and well performed by Galifinakis and Helms... I've been looking forward to seeing this movie for a while now and I knew for from the begining it was gonna be epic. Ed Helms plays one of my favorite characters on Tv's "The Office" and Galifinakis is a newcomer to my world but he seems funny and like Jack Black but in a more calmed down kinda way. I think that for a relatively unknown movie with a relativley unknown cast it will make decent money probably around 11-15 million it's opening weekend and I hope it will outdo Land Of The Lost. I love Will Ferrel but I think it looks sloppy and cheaply made...it'll be worse than DragonBall Evolution, I know it. I have the highest expectations for this film and share you're thoughts please.

What? On Wednesday?! Lucky SOB

That's what working at a movie theater for 10 years gets you. Even though I no longer work there I still have the hook up. I have not paid to see a movie in over 10 years and I see everything before it comes out in a show with less than 10 people in it. How awesome is that?

I despise you minimadman...haha you're lucky but the only 2 early showings I've ever been to were watchmen and iron man so...but I can't wait for this film! How much so you think it'll make box office wise?

It's hard to say because it's rated R. I will guess $45 million opening weekend.

I would estimate more like 15 or 20. Though it's hard to tell, this one doesn't look like a huge blockbuster to me. It isn't a Judd Apatow movie, though it is clearly trying to target that audience (and the audience of Pineapple Express) here. I think people will be turned away by the lack of a Rogan, Rudd, Segal, etc.

I would estimate more like 15 or 20. Though it's hard to tell, this one doesn't look like a huge blockbuster to me. It isn't a Judd Apatow movie, though it is clearly trying to target that audience (and the audience of Pineapple Express) here. I think people will be turned away by the lack of a Rogan, Rudd, Segal, etc.

Normally I would agree with you but the buzz about this movie is deafening. Not to mention that the trailer plays so well and is all over TV. $45 mil. maybe a little high but it will not surprise me if that number is not close.

I have a 10 am class tomorrow and it is 4:15am local but I don't care because The Hangover is awesome. It is every bit as good as the trailer makes it out to be. It is definitely the funniest movie that will be out this year and I can not think of the last time that I saw a movie that made me laugh like this one did. I can not wait to see this again.

Edited by minimadman

OH MAN! This movie rocked!!! If you are debating whether or not to go and check out the Hangover, do yourself a favour and go! Man I haven't laughed that hard in a loooong time. Talk about 4 buddies being in an f*cked up situation. Bradley Cooper (Phil), Ed Helms (Stu) and Justin Bartha (Doug) lead us on one of the funniest road trip movies in quite some time, but it's Zach Galifianakis (Alan) who steals the spotlight.

Remeber to stay during the end credits as not to miss

the photos (some of them to adult to mention here) of their drunken escapade.

I give The Hangover an easy 10 out of 10.

I will be seeing this one for tairy greene alone.

YOUR NAME IS "FIX THE FURN BACK"!

THE GRAVY IS THEIRS!

WRRRRRRRONG!!!!

I am...the Snuggler.

Normally I would agree with you but the buzz about this movie is deafening. Not to mention that the trailer plays so well and is all over TV. $45 mil. maybe a little high but it will not surprise me if that number is not close.

Weekend Estimates put The Hangover at $43.3 Million. I got skills.

Weekend Estimates put The Hangover at $43.3 Million. I got skills.

Good work, Madman! I was way off with this one. Sometimes the "American public" will surprise me, and go see a decent looking movie over a stupid looking one (Land of the Lost).

Didn't see it this weekend, but I did see "Drag Me to Hell." Very sweet little horror flick by Sam Raimi of Evil Dead fame. Don't let the PG-13 rating deceive you, either--it is freakier than the vast majority of R-rated horror films made nowadays.

I did see "Drag Me to Hell." Very sweet little horror flick by Sam Raimi of Evil Dead fame. Don't let the PG-13 rating deceive you, either--it is freakier than the vast majority of R-rated horror films made nowadays.

good to hear! I know it was initially "R" earlier on, and I was a little disappointed to hear it got cut back.

I love the dead trilogy though.

Edited by killcharlesdead