UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Regarding the AA Site...

In related news, I see how Digger's been distracted lately.

http://www.digdeepentertainment.com/

And this is different from Art Asylum how exactly? I guess Digger wants to continue doing freelance sculpting but NOT under his own company's banner? Is Digger even involved in the Asylum anymore?

It's nice to see him getting some work (DST's Marvel Zombie's) but it's odd he can't seem to get assignments through his own company.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry guys, I didn't mean to rip off the band aid or anything. I was lurking to see if they'd finally deleted my account after two months, and I saw that comment from Brandon. Its peevish tone amused me no end, and truly I believe that we can afford to look back and shrug and smile 'cos we are so waaaaaaaaaaay past caring now, ain't we? ;) :biggrin:

Sorry Jules, no "peevish" tone was there in that post. Thought it was a cool thing to do. Woops - I thought wrong. Contest aborted, thread removed.

Looks like the jury's already spoken. I guess I should just give up now.

All right - I know when the time has come and I've really over-stayed my welcome. As of this coming Monday, I'll announce that I'm leaving the AA forum as a moderator and what-not. Not that it matters much anyway. This should make quite a bunch of you extremely happy atleast. I'll be letting AA know of this decision shortly. I'll forward this thread their way as well.

Been fun.

All the best,

Brandon

Brandon, I wish you the best. I think we all left for many of the same reasons you are now.

The unfulfilled promises and weak excuses got old fast. It was nothing but negative publicity for all parties involved. No matter how much you or anyone else claims that you were "doing your best", it was never enough to properly sponsor a forum with the promises and offers made. If the "powers that be", were too busy to take an active part in the forum, they shouldn't have started it to begin with.

We all understood that AA did not hold many of the licenses and could therefore not spout a lot of the news. That was just a small part of the problem. It goes deeper than that.

As I said once before, Art Asylum makes GREAT toys, scupltures and other pop-culture art. Some of the best, in fact. I hope they get past the anger and confusion caused by the forums and keep making us all happy with their product.

As far as you go Brandon, I haven't much to say. Stick around and be a member of this forum. I certainly welcome you. You have done me no wrong, but I think you owe a few folks an explanation at the very least.

Feel free to PM me or email me if you wish to talk. Glad you had fun.

I was never a member of the old AA boards, so much of this does not apply to me, but I'd like to say that I personally welcome Brandon with full arms to this forum and hope he becomes an active member and part of the minimate based man-love. As for his resignation... You can't fix that forum Brandon, no matter how much you try. I support your resignation

^^^Yeah, I'd second that. Join us here, or in any of the other places old AA members have moved to in order to discuss their love of toys!

I reckon you'll find life far more fulfilling as an ordinary member. And Deadpool's right, no one can fix the AA forum ~ as I realised back in December. ;)

I dunno what it is about that forum, but it seems to send ordinary folks ....squirly! Away from that place we all get on famously.

I dunno what it is about that forum, but it seems to send ordinary folks ....squirly! Away from that place we all get on famously.

Jules makes a good point Brandon. Hell, even I've been able to become a somewhat productive member here once I was away from that forum....

Jules makes a good point Brandon. Hell, even I've been able to become a somewhat productive member here once I was away from that forum....

Ehhh... :tongue:

You all and Ady have put together a fantastic community here. I think Art Asylum is doing very well making some great toys - especially Minimates this year... I don't think maintaining a forum should be on their "to-do" list. You guys have a great thing here and why should a forum at AA.com compete with that? It shouldn't! They should concentrate on rebuilding their artasylum.com website. Just my personal thoughts here.

I need to get back into the "I'm a collector" mindset. And I'm ready. I think this is a great place for me to start getting back into my minimate habbits.

There seems to be a false-hood that I collect only Star Trek - not the case. I've actually collected *mostly* everything Marvel Minimate and LOTR minimate to-date. I love Minimates.

I've got some funny Minimate production-sample goofs to show you all later. They are hilarious. I snapped the pics when I was at AA a few months ago.

Anyways, got to get back to work. Already feeling relieved.

Brandon, if you're REALLY serious about not cleaning up after AA's messes any more, I think you belong here.

Don't get me wrong. I think it's admirable that people like you – and Donster – want to contact AA in order to fix things, but as Gardi pointed out on the AA board, this is not your mess. Like I said earlier, Adam's the one who made promises. If he wants to delegate to you, so be it, but nobody should have to coerce these people to do the right thing.

I know they're busy. So am I. A LOT of people get busy. That doesn't give them the right to ignore their obligations. Doing so just continues to paint them – and by association you – in a bad light. You could associate with more honorable people, people who actually deliver what they say they will without needing constant nagging to do so.

I'm sure these are nice people, but they should be capable of cleaning up after themselves. They shouldn't need you to rag on them like a drill sargeant until they make a move.

Personally I'm just fed up with the empty promises. If you are, too, then you should hang your hat right here.

Jules, I'm sorry if it sounded like I was implying you were the band aid bandit. Nothing could be further from the truth, I was just a little upset about what I read in the AA Forum. So I hope you'll forgive me just this once. Both MisterPL and Shanester bring up some fine points too. I think alot of this mess could have been avoided had things been handled better in the past by everyone involved. Who is entirely to blame, I honestly don't think we'll ever find out? Every party involved is going to point the finger at the opposing side to muddy the issue.

However, I have everyone's information and interests in a letter sitting in my draft folder, please feel free to pm or e-mail me on who I need to send it to? As MPL said though, "Nobody should have to coerce these people to do the right thing" and I agree. If AA or anyone was interested in contacting us, they would have done so a long time ago. However, since we can't maintain what we can't control, like the past, I guess we all just try to get through this and let it go. It will take some time, but eventually we will. But I don't want to bring anymore negativity to Ady's forum, so I'll leave it there.

^^^Hey Donster, no worries........you knows I lub you! :wub: I wasn't sitting here feeling whipped or anything!

I think AA should can its forum because it ain't working. The heart and soul has never come back since it got yanked, and I know to my own cost how you can't express an opinion that isn't wholly ecstatic there without getting lashed by some troll. The forum doesn't give its members any information that you can't get elsewhere first, and I'm not wholly convinced that 'licensing terms' keep AA from disseminating new information directly to the punters on that forum, because the information seems to appear first in so many other places. So, my point? The two resaons why AA might maintain a forum are actually defunct, and the company ought now to direct its energies into mainataining the actual website as the company's shop window to the world. That has never been anything like as impressive as it ought to be.

You all and Ady have put together a fantastic community here. I think Art Asylum is doing very well making some great toys - especially Minimates this year... I don't think maintaining a forum should be on their "to-do" list. You guys have a great thing here and why should a forum at AA.com compete with that? It shouldn't! They should concentrate on rebuilding their artasylum.com website. Just my personal thoughts here.

I need to get back into the "I'm a collector" mindset. And I'm ready. I think this is a great place for me to start getting back into my minimate habbits.

There seems to be a false-hood that I collect only Star Trek - not the case. I've actually collected *mostly* everything Marvel Minimate and LOTR minimate to-date. I love Minimates.

I've got some funny Minimate production-sample goofs to show you all later. They are hilarious. I snapped the pics when I was at AA a few months ago.

Anyways, got to get back to work. Already feeling relieved.

Bah, now you've gone and got me to post in this thread.

I second your comments about how AA should ditch their forum in place of sorting their site out, Adam has said in the past that when people are interested in Minimates they direct them to the Wiki, a Wiki that Me, Lurch, Cyc and a couple of others sorted out, now surely they must realise that thier site sucks if they are directing people to the Wiki that they didnt do.

A companies web site ust be informative, AA.com just isnt, half of the links are dead.

I dont feel like Im in competition with the AA boards, theres no Minimate presence there to contend with :P, they've got a lot of Trek fans and while I like Trek I dont really like most of the fans they have posting there, its scary, really scary.

You are more than welcome here Brandon, we're a good bunch and any animosity people have towards you will only dissapate as you seperate yourself from AA. Trust me, this place has a good influence on people, if you told me a year ago I'd ever consider Reideen a friend I'd think you were nuts. But hey, things change. For the better.

I'd personally just like to thank Ady and the rest of you for the forum you've built here.

I wasn't around for all the nastiness that happened in the past, but I've not been made to feel like an outsider for having not lived through it. On other forums I have been. I'm not talking about the AA one here, just to clarify, but I'm a member of a few different ones and I'm often made to feel like my opinions don't matter.

So yes: thanks all of you here and welcome to Brandon in his new status as a member. He's like a butterfly emerging from his chrysalis.

Or like a guy going from moderator to member. Take your pick.

Jo

Hi guys,Don pointed me in the direction of this thread.

I'm not around anyplace as much as i used to be,only really in lurking capacity.As Don knows i've got a new business and for the last few months it's been taking up and inordinate amount of my time.

I just wanted to say a few words on the AA situation.

Perhaps the thing that Adam and the AA guys didn't understand was quite how much being dumped in that fashion hurt.I know it sounds stupid,it was only an internet message board,but i had a lot of time and effort invested there.I was really upset by the whole thing.I know some people might regard that as just desserts but there you go.LOL.

I think one of the reasons that the whole situation is brought up on a regular basis is the extreme lack of closure that exists in relation to the AA boards.If that 'closure' means that those of us who worked on the boards are recompensed in the form of 'swag' then so be it.I'm not one to pass up on goodies not matter how ephemeral they actually may be.

Which leads me to Brandon.Now in fairness to Brandon,within the last few days he has offered me items that are clearly part of his own AA derived collection.As i stated on the AA board i just don't feel that it's his business to do so.So,whilst i would love to have them i'm going to decline.Thank you for the offer Brandon.

I believe that i would be better to have nothing than to have something from the wrong person.Does that make sense?

I'm also of the opinion that he,Brandon,is better to follow the course of action that he outlined previously.

Whilst it is clear that he is still in regular touch with the guys at AA it is also clear that either he makes no representations on our behalf or that if those representations are made then they are ignored by the AA guys.Either way he is unable to fulfill his responsibilities on the AA board.As they say in politics his position is untenable.

Anyway guys just my tuppence worth on an unfortunate situation.

All the best,

Stephen.

Hi Ady,i've said this before at FHC's site but hopefully i'll get a bit more time to post here and there.Things have been busy for me to say the least and at night i'm usually completely gubbed.I just end up falling asleep on the couch.Old man syndrome.

Nice to see you over here Gardi. I have everything typed up with everyone's information and cc's to the appropriate parties. But I want to wait until next week, as AA is probable preoccupied with Toy Fair. I guess we can look on the brightside and say we at least tried to bring the matter to a close on our side. Once again, nice to see you over here Gardi.

Hey Donster, you might want to check with Ady because he said once that he wanted to be left out of it. Also, I appreciate the fact that folks feel "wronged" by the AA forums, but what are you gonna do? I feel like I achieved closure when I simply decided not to go back to that site, and so did many of the members of the MMMV. The MMMV has nothing to do with the AA site and has nothing against AA. I just wanted to make it clear that the MMMV is not carrying a torch for any AA lynch mob.

I have fun here. I encourage others to do the same.

Hey Donster, you might want to check with Ady because he said once that he wanted to be left out of it. Also, I appreciate the fact that folks feel "wronged" by the AA forums, but what are you gonna do? I feel like I achieved closure when I simply decided not to go back to that site, and so did many of the members of the MMMV. The MMMV has nothing to do with the AA site and has nothing against AA. I just wanted to make it clear that the MMMV is not carrying a torch for any AA lynch mob.

I have fun here. I encourage others to do the same.

Well said Shane, I second that.

T.

Shane, I totally understand where you're coming from, I do. Considering that all I was doing was pass on everyone's address info, I wouldn't call that a lynching ;) I'm very well aware of the old forum leaders/members who feel this is a flight in futility, I do. But at least I'll know Art Asylum have it and even if it's a letter or e-mail we get back, that will be enough for me. Considering all of the hard work Ady has put into this forum and educating folks in the world of Minimates, I'm pretty sure that AA and their affiliates realize this has nothing to do with his forum. It's just members voicing off their frustrations. Now, if other members or anyone else truly has a problem with this, they can contact the forum leaders here and ask the thread be locked. Because as long as it's open, someone is going to be discussing this topic.

Don, my main objective here is to make sure it is understood by all that the Minimate Multiverse is not involved in your attempts to contact AA with a grievance related to their website. It has nothing to do with this website, forum, or group of people. The AA site is still open and I would suggest making lists and rallying the troops there. Why here? The only outcome I forsee by it being organized on this site is to alienate the MMMV members from the folks at Art Asylum. I understand your goals, but question why you choose to rally here at MMMV instead of at the site in question.

I haven't locked this thread or told anyone to get lost. I'm just making it clear than the MMMV is not carrying the banner of the upset ex-moderators.

If anyone has a question, I am easily reached.