UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Vanilla Minimate Custom Contest!

luke314pi

QUESTION: What about attached pieces? Like Venom's claws or tongue? Technically they're not add ons, but they're not Blank either. So are they okay or off limits?

I will happily be corrected by Luke but I'd say they are not allowed.

The whole point of the contest is to use a plain untouched minimate with nothing added but paint or decals.

T.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUESTION: What about attached pieces? Like Venom's claws or tongue? Technically they're not add ons, but they're not Blank either. So are they okay or off limits?

I will happily be corrected by Luke but I'd say they are not allowed.

The whole point of the contest is to use a plain untouched minimate with nothing added but paint or decals.

T.

QFT. :D

CRAP.

So i just finished my darling little vanillamate, making it picture time. Got him all set up on his little blank sheet of paper; lighting was just right. And then i remember that my mom dropped our digital camera three days ago...and the lens broke out of place. Dammit.

Well, i've got until the end of them month to get a replacement camera. I just hope that no one posts this character before me...

CRAP.

So i just finished my darling little vanillamate, making it picture time. Got him all set up on his little blank sheet of paper; lighting was just right. And then i remember that my mom dropped our digital camera three days ago...and the lens broke out of place. Dammit.

Well, i've got until the end of them month to get a replacement camera. I just hope that no one posts this character before me...

If it ends up that there is only a week or so until the end of the contest, and you still haven't gotten a replacement camera, you can ship the custom to me, and I can take pics and then ship it back to you. Just let me know.

All done! This was a blast. I present to you... TOXIN!

toxin8.jpg

This is Toxin in his "passive" mode, while he still retains control of his symbiot.

toxin4.jpg

toxin5.jpg

toxin7.jpg

toxin6.jpg

The lines were actually a lot of fun. I enjoyed making him. The pictures turned out a lot darker than I'd hoped though. :(

Oh, and using Mattalica's recipe, and NOT as a contest entry, bust just for my own good fun, I give you Feral Toxin!

toxin9.jpg

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Gotta ask a stupid question before I work on mine...... is a transparent mate considered a "standard minimate body"....or are we talking a normal opaque "FCBD type" mate...??

A transparent mate is perfectly acceptable. :)

You're just lucky Squirrel Girl couldn't possibly fall into the parameters of the contest. If someone showed up with that, it would get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd from me. :D

It's awesome to see someone else shares my Squirrel Girl love.

And I'd participate in this contest, but I'm still not sure who to do.

Quick question: Are we allowed to use 2.5 or 3'' bodies? Or strictly a 2''?

2" only please. Like the original post said, use almost any of the Spider-Man minimates as an example. I will update it to make the size requirements official.

Edited by luke314pi