UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Labs

In case anybody wants to revisit the old minimateSdatabase.com URL, it now redirects to this site:

http://www.minimatelabs.com/

Wow, is all I have to say. Ivan never fails to impress whenever he combines his Minimates, bandwidth, humor and idle time :P And a blog reference to Richard Feynman? Oh yeah.

Win. :lol:

Yeah, that's me. Attention whore extraordinaire. :D

I plan to post updates twice a week and I think I've got enough pre-existing content to carry me through the summer. Then I'm actually going to have to start producing new stuff. :ohmy: I've got all these ideas for fun Minimate projects, but not enough time in the day. This site is the first step to force me to get working.

I'm open to any site improvement ideas. Layout, color, navigation, anything. Like the MMDB, the php is all custom and I'm sure there are some yet undiscovered bugs.

Thanks for the plug NR. Feynman is a bit of a hero of mine.

Can I request an RSS feed?

Done and done. I knew there was something I was forgetting. :)

What else do you got cooking Ivan?

Just a little side project involving giant robots, radioactive warthogs, Fluffernutters, and oh.. a little world domination.

I want to push the buttons and be feared by all humanity, but I'm easily tempted by cookies.

What is it with Minimate website webmasters and world domination?

The Overlord at MMHQ, now Ivan wants to rule the world!

Seriously, great site as always Ivan. Although I am sad there won't be any more "brand x is better than Minimates" ramblings!

What is it with Minimate website webmasters and world domination?

:lol: Thank you Danny, this line made me smile. (Although I don't see you inciting such tyrannical mischief with your site yet... ;))

Just wait until I start my own Minimate photocomic: It will be better than Terror Island, Stuck, Irregular Webcomic AND xkcd (okay... maybe not xkcd) combined! It will be praised by even the most jaded online critics and it will warm the hearts of millions! It will put Pinoy webcomic artists on the map! It will be my ticket to infamy and my sole source of income! It shall be just one in a full body of works that will forever endear in the minds of future generations the name of...

[/daydreaming]

What? Oh, right, Ivan's new website....

Pretty fun idea to try and gradually recap the history of your own collecting days... I don't know much of the original 3" Star Trek line, and it's lovely to know the humble beginnings of our common obsession in such a wacky and candid manner :D Just wait until he gets to C3 and Marvel...

:lol: Thank you Danny, this line made me smile. (Although I don't see you inciting such tyrannical mischief with your site yet... ;))

I just bask in the knowledge that Minimates Central is something like a grandfather to a lot of the newer sites :) Too old to plot world domination now, that's a young man's game :D

• 3 months later...

Not about dead horses here, but since you can't comment in the labs itself, I use this common place to say that the MMMV Hunt 2008 retrospect ist incredible! I really like all those little details you are discussing. (I didn't know that Agent Velour was such an egocentric b*tch!)

Keep 'em coming, Ivan!

Thanks Bob. I think I'm going to have to add a commenting feature. Email just doesn't cut it in the Web 2.0 world, I guess. :)

As for Velour, he certainly talks a big game but I'm not convinced of his competency. The recounting of his time under Khrushchev is filled with factual errors yet he speaks with such confidence I actually start to doubt Wikipedia. I'm so torn.

• 7 months later...

Incredible,absolutely incredible.....I'm not even going to bother with some stupid emoticon....stunning!

When I became a member here I at first thought "..this'll be a nice place to hang around with some like-minded souls". I was wrong. I was wrong because sometimes I feel bloody inadequate amongst the talent around here. Like-minded ? I flatter myself.....I bloody wish .

Incredible.

Incredible,absolutely incredible.....I'm not even going to bother with some stupid emoticon....stunning!

When I became a member here I at first thought "..this'll be a nice place to hang around with some like-minded souls". I was wrong. I was wrong because sometimes I feel bloody inadequate amongst the talent around here. Like-minded ? I flatter myself.....I bloody wish .

Incredible.

I pretty much agree word for word. Wow.