UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC Roundup

I guess it was a glitch and the SDCC listings went 'live' before they were supposed to? :huh: They've definitely yanked them now, but I don't think you guys will have to wait too long, the last AFX news email said the preorders were on the way (and they clearly have it ready to go, since it already kinda did)... few days maybe?

They had the champions, thunderbolts, and T2 bundle with a ironman hostile takeover set and web armor spidey included for free. They also had the Dark Avengers 2, and the Ghostbusters Peter and Staypuft exclusive up for pre-order.

Luckily, I got them all ordered before it disappeared off their site!

Edited by mav-man

If they were there before, they will be there again. This isn't a case like the MOTU figures on Mattycollector, where thousands of anxious, sweaty-palmed fans were constantly refreshing their computers hoping to get the T2: Attack on Cyberdyne Minimates as soon as they popped up, buying all stock in a matter of minutes and crashing AFX's servers.

Glad to hear DA2 set was there, though. I will be pre-ordering :buttrock:

Edited by karamazov80

If they were there before, they will be there again. This isn't a case like the MOTU figures on Mattycollector, where thousands of anxious, sweaty-palmed fans were constantly refreshing their computers hoping to get the T2: Attack on Cyberdyne Minimates as soon as they popped up, buying all stock in a matter of minutes and crashing AFX's servers.

Glad to hear DA2 set was there, though. I will be pre-ordering :buttrock:

definitely

I wonder if you get the freebies if you order the set for pickup at the con... Would definitely be worth my while if so.

They'd have probably made mention of it, but since they've pulled the links, maybe they'll be reworked to include the fanboys. I imagine it depends on how many they have sitting around after the show. With only 500 of each, its possible that there won't be any left. (I have no idea what sort of numbers the freebies have had in the past)

I wonder if you get the freebies if you order the set for pickup at the con... Would definitely be worth my while if so.

They'd have probably made mention of it, but since they've pulled the links, maybe they'll be reworked to include the fanboys. I imagine it depends on how many they have sitting around after the show. With only 500 of each, its possible that there won't be any left. (I have no idea what sort of numbers the freebies have had in the past)

If the numbers 500 of each and having some idea of how many have been made previously for givaways, I would expect them to go at the show...

T.

If the numbers 500 of each and having some idea of how many have been made previously for givaways, I would expect them to go at the show...

T.

In the past they've always been 2000, making 500 doesn't seem very profitable!!!!

T.

In the past they've always been 2000, making 500 doesn't seem very profitable!!!!

Giveaways don't tend to be profitable ;)

Also bear in mind that 500*4=2000 so what seems like the magic short run number is still being met.

T.