UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Thor seems to be cast

Trekker 42

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he can grow a beard in one's year time, myself and thine mightiest gates of Asgard shall accept this newfound challenger to fill thine boots of the mightest son of Odin.

If not then i ain't seein this 'ere flick nor am i buyin the man-dat-tory minimates to go along wit it. ;)

I don't agree with you and I think he can be a good Thor, but it's still funny as hell.

haha. no but really, that guy did a good job. I actually almost teared up a bit when he was

fending off the romulans

so as long as he can grow an epic beard, it should be good :)

He's got the "look"--good looking, well-built guy. However, can't tell much about a man's acting abilities, or ability to speak in olde English, in about 1 minute of screen time.

He's got the "look"--good looking, well-built guy. However, can't tell much about a man's acting abilities, or ability to speak in olde English, in about 1 minute of screen time.

Well, actually, anyone who can make me cry in about 1 minute of screentime is pretty damn good at acting.

Hmm. I guess my laughing hysterically during that scene was inappropriate, then?

Depends. What the hell were you laughing at?

I don't know about K, but I was hysterically laughing at the "oddly placed eyes" alien girl.

What the hell were you laughing at?

At what a wacky situation he had gotten himself into this time.

I don't know about K, but I was hysterically laughing at the "oddly placed eyes" alien girl.

That was weird, and I didn't like it. I did, however, like many of the other aliens much more than the majority of the crappy, CG Star Wars aliens in the prequels.

Edited by karamazov80

At least Brannagh didn't cast himself. :rolleyes:

Speaking of which, and going off topic, I saw him last night on the PBSHD channel. Apparently, he is the star of some kind of British TV cop drama or something?

I thought it was surprising that a formerly critically acclaimed Shakespearean actor (and director) would resort to doing a comic book movie. But if he is doing TV now, that might actually be a step up. You gotsta pay the bills, sometimes.

At least Brannagh didn't cast himself. :rolleyes:

I used to want him to cast himself ...over a cliff

until.............

Speaking of which, and going off topic, I saw him last night on the PBSHD channel. Apparently, he is the star of some kind of British TV cop drama or something?

I thought it was surprising that a formerly critically acclaimed Shakespearean actor (and director) would resort to doing a comic book movie. But if he is doing TV now, that might actually be a step up. You gotsta pay the bills, sometimes.

.......he played a Swedish detective in a British-made cop drama called Wallander......which was excellent....although slightly surreal as everyone in Sweden was speaking Swedish-chef Anglais :ohmy:

I can see him as Dr. Donald Blake, but I'm not sure about Thor.

Hmm. I guess my laughing hysterically during that scene was inappropriate, then?

Oh, and Karamazoo, don't feel bad. My wife and I were laughing at someone crying over Padme dying in ROTS :lol: Laughing during that Trek scene though, that was a heart wrenching scene....MONSTER :P

Thing is, the movie is pretty much entirely in Asgard.

Don Blake's just showing up at the end when Odin casts out Thor. And it's only to set up for Avengers.

Thing is, the movie is pretty much entirely in Asgard.

Don Blake's just showing up at the end when Odin casts out Thor. And it's only to set up for Avengers.

Ealry draft. Read in two places Branngh's chucked it. Implication is Branngh wants to tell the a variation of the Lee Kirby story, with Blake thinking he's going crazy dreaming he's a god... till he turns out to be one... But it's the freakin' internet. I also heard that the Nazi's still have a military base on the moon, the Saturnian's have a base off the coast near San Diego, another off Florida in the Gulf, and both groups are fighting with the Greys. (Reports vary as to where they are from). Take it with a salt grain and my compliments.

I'm not too familiar with this actor, but superficially speaking...I can see it. Then again, my Thor has never been bearded (though I suppose it does seem more appropriate for a Norse God). It'll be interesting (or sickening) to see how this all plays-out.

Oh, and Karamazoo, don't feel bad. My wife and I were laughing at someone crying over Padme dying in ROTS

holy crap, this sad piano music started playing on my itunes RIGHT when that video started playing. it freaked me out. haha