UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

x men origins wolverine

BrobotC

the Deadpool ending

shows Weapon XI's arm, as he is crawling along, and grabs hold of his head... then Wade's eyes open, so hes clearly going to be able to reattach it and be around for another film.

if thats the case

they could simply have his body reject the other abilities, have the blades 'fall out' of his arms, as his healing factor sees them as an impurity or something.

it could just be doing the opening credits (The Incredible Hulk style) or at least at the very beginning of the film... plus

it wouldn't take long to cut that mouth open again!

(i've not done spoilers before... that was fun)

I saw the film on Thursday, thoroughly enjoyed it... very much willing to over-look any continuity issues and take it at face value. As has been mentioned, I was pleased to see

Cyclops and Emma's moment

and when

Charlie gave Scott directions in the tunnels

I just hope this is/does very well at the box office... last I heard Magneto was subject to this being 'successful'.

Oh, and while we're here, X4 (y'know... if) Cyclops and Prof were pretending to be dead, for 'lolz', sort Rogue out... and get this Gambit back, CGI anti-facelift or something

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Deadpool ending

shows Weapon XI's arm, as he is crawling along, and grabs hold of his head... then Wade's eyes open, so hes clearly going to be able to reattach it and be around for another film.

Oh, and while we're here, X4 (y'know... if) Cyclops and Prof were pretending to be dead, for 'lolz', sort Rogue out... and get this Gambit back, CGI anti-facelift or something

not if gambit develops a healing factor :thumbsup:

the Deadpool ending

if thats the case

they could simply have his body reject the other abilities, have the blades 'fall out' of his arms, as his healing factor sees them as an impurity or something.

it could just be doing the opening credits (The Incredible Hulk style) or at least at the very beginning of the film... plus

it wouldn't take long to cut that mouth open again!

heres the part you missed about the deadpool ending that is vital to them getting it right with his character

his mouth is torn open and he looks to the crowd(breaking the 4th wall as he does in comics) and says 'shhhhhh'

I saw this on Sat with my bubs and I thought it was great...honestly....sure not on par with Iron Man but it sure wasnt a crapfest like so many people seem to think...I really enjoyed it and will gladly watch it more.....plus it makes me happy to have minimates based on it too!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Did you see the after the credits scene of X3?

Watch it... It will make you feel a bit better after the movie.

And X4 I so want to be Apocalypse. That could be done SO well. And they have Angel now so...

And X4 I so want to be Apocalypse. That could be done SO well. And they have Angel now so...

It didn't make me feel better. It just pissed me off more. I rarely push this kind of thing, but if there is an X4, I hope it starts by establishing that X3 was all just a bad dream. Seriously. Show the 30 second version X3 (which is about as long as the movie should have been) and then have Scott wake up in a sweat saying, "Jean?" Do whatever story you want, but include in it Scott's strange feeling that Jean is alive and calling out to him. Reboot/retcon.

give 'em all healing factors I say, they could kill people and have them turn up 5 minutes later without the blink of an eye... no one could complain it wasn't comic accurate!

heres the part you missed about the deadpool ending that is vital to them getting it right with his character

his mouth is torn open and he looks to the crowd(breaking the 4th wall as he does in comics) and says 'shhhhhh'

ahhhhhhhhh... nice one! I only saw it on youtube as I wasn't aware of any after credit shenanigans at the cinema (should know by now really!). Thats marvelous, and that'll save a couple of seconds of a potential sequel.

We probably shouldn't talk about that any more, I don't want to piss Deadpool off.

The bit with the Professor? or is there another ending? Wouldn't he still look different? Thats a lot of questions... anyway, s'pose its better than nothing, although i'm still not sure what to make of it.

Oh, and as long as they do it properly, Apocalypse would be amazing *high five*

give 'em all healing factors I say, they could kill people and have them turn up 5 minutes later without the blink of an eye... no one could complain it wasn't comic accurate!

ahhhhhhhhh... nice one! I only saw it on youtube as I wasn't aware of any after credit shenanigans at the cinema (should know by now really!). Thats marvelous, and that'll save a couple of seconds of a potential sequel.

We probably shouldn't talk about that any more, I don't want to piss Deadpool off.

The bit with the Professor? or is there another ending? Wouldn't he still look different? Thats a lot of questions... anyway, s'pose its better than nothing, although i'm still not sure what to make of it.

Oh, and as long as they do it properly, Apocalypse would be amazing *high five*

*high five back*

And yes, the bit with the professor. And according to this one source I heard about, the guy was Xavier's twin who was basically brain-deadified in the womb due to Xavier's massive power.

I think it was in the novelization. Not sure though.

So possbly he'll look the same.

*high five back*

And yes, the bit with the professor. And according to this one source I heard about, the guy was Xavier's twin who was basically brain-deadified in the womb due to Xavier's massive power.

I think it was in the novelization. Not sure though.

So possbly he'll look the same.

i see... fair enough, sorted

my knowledge is v.sketchy... didnt he have a female twin in the comics?

in the scene were wolverine is staring at all the weapon x captees,did anyone else think that that FAST guy with WHITE HAIR was quicksilver?

Scary... that was what I was thinking too.

Then again, the voices in my head keep telling me that Silver Fox's sister wasn't Emma Frost at all but just some random female mutant that just so happened to have the same diamond mutation. Who everybody just keeps crediting as Emma Frost. Does anyone remember if the girl had telepathy as well?

in the scene were wolverine is staring at all the weapon x captees,did anyone else think that that FAST guy with WHITE HAIR was quicksilver?

Scary... that was what I was thinking too.

Then again, the voices in my head keep telling me that Silver Fox's sister wasn't Emma Frost at all but just some random female mutant that just so happened to have the same diamond mutation. Who everybody just keeps crediting as Emma Frost. Does anyone remember if the girl had telepathy as well?

I thought the same thing until I saw the 'I am a Mutant' "ad" she did...basically they did character trailers for a bunch of the characters in the movie and in hers she said her name was Emma Frost....the Sabertooh trailer is awesome, very cool...same with Gambits and Wraiths....ah hell I am gonna find the link to a bunch of them...it doesnt have Emmas but I am sure you can youtube for hers

http://video.cineplex.com/?fr_chl=1e898ebf...17dc8&rf=bm

and this is another awesome trailer

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/xmen-...tant-characters

Jeff of the Miniacs

Since the Deadpool movie is officially official (lol comic book movies), let's hope for some Incredible Hulk retcon power his way to fix up the mess that Wolverine left him.

Since the Deadpool movie is officially official (lol comic book movies), let's hope for some Incredible Hulk retcon power his way to fix up the mess that Wolverine left him.

I saw an interesting quote from Ryan Reynolds about the character in Wolverine. He says he plays Wade early and then the creature that eventually becomes Deadpool later, or something to that effect. I think Wolverine really left a lot of room to start Deadpool anew, and thinking of it as Wade turning into Weapon XI turning into Deadpool means we really haven't seen the Deadpool that Ryan Reynolds thinks is the Deadpool that we will see when we see Deadpool.

So it's like there are three characters: Wade, Weapon XI, and Deadpool even though they are all one character. And we've only really seen the first two, because movie Deadpool (hopefully) will be a kind of insane Wade with (hopefully just some of, ie healing and a slightly broken teleportation) Weapon XI powers. There was some mention that the power grafting was not a full success, so maybe he can "lose" the laser-eyes and the blade hands. I think a Deadpool movie could work with surprisingly little retconning.

There was some mention that the power grafting was not a full success, so maybe he can "lose" the laser-eyes and the blade hands. I think a Deadpool movie could work with surprisingly little retconning.

Good point. As long as the powers are retconned, it deffinately has potential. :)

They could also expand on his background, which Wolverine really failed to do and explain how he got into Weapon X and all that jazz.

I just saw it tonight.

That was truly horrifying. I am one of a handful of people in the world that liked X3. Heck, I LOVED X3. it is my favorite xmen movie. It is a comic book on screen. Ironman/Spiderman 2 are the best examples for a comic movie done right, but X3 is a page turning comic that was filmed. And I loved it. It didn't take itself too seriously, gave us nuggets, shoe string plot, and a retcon at the end. Just like a comic book.

This... This was an abomination. This is NOT what a comic book movie should be. It tried too hard, threw in too much crap, took itself far too seriously. The entire thing was just horrible, hard to follow, boring and inaccurate.

Though I must confess an elated squee when Patric Stewart showed up.

I saw it over the weekend. Wasn't impressed, but I enjoyed it for what it was. I honestly liked it more than I did X3. The logical inconsistencies, cheesy CGI, stupid plot-lines, etc. added up, but Schreiber, Jackman, and the various cameos by other colorful characters (as awkward and forced as some of them were--Gambit?) were "fun."

Having said that, I have a few of observations/questions:

-Prof. X knew what was going on at that facility, but didn't show up until Wolverine et. al release the children? That was weird to me.

-Stryker gets arrested for killing a guy, and this is his "come-uppance" in the movie, but we know that in "15 years," he becomes the head of a major Mutant task force or whatever in the U.S. government. So. . .nothing happens, apparently. Strange.

-What was Gambit's motivations for constantly attacking Wolverine for no reason?

-Was White Queen's only power the stupid diamond skin? She didn't try to use her telepathic powers for anything. Plus, she seemed overly mousy to me, and was not as "good looking" as I would expect.

-Why would Sabretooth care so much about Wolverine leaving the black ops group? It seemed really personal to him, largely driving his actions through the movie (at least, enough to convince him to turn his back on and hunt Wolvie, even though he was also doing it in the hopes of getting the adamantium treatment).

-Why make Sabretooth a good guy at the end? Was it really necessary?

-Wolverine asks for new dog tags in the moments before he has adamantium attached, and Stryker gets them printed and hands them over to Wolvie in the span of about 5 minutes apparently. Weird.

-Wolverine is too tall.

These are probably the only ones I can figure a sort of vague answer for (all wild guessing):

-What was Gambit's motivations for constantly attacking Wolverine for no reason?

At first it was because he thought Wolverine was a mole from Weapon X... after that, I dunno, I think it was supposed to be his Cajun ego kicking in. That last part was probably just the victim of cheesy writing/execution.

-Was White Queen's only power the stupid diamond skin? She didn't try to use her telepathic powers for anything. Plus, she seemed overly mousy to me, and was not as "good looking" as I would expect.

... hence why I keep desperately clinging to the "screw comic continuity" attitude this film took. My worries over her character started the minute it was announced she was Silver Fox's sister. Like,

what?

-Wolverine is too tall.

Where were you when X-Men 1-3 came out, then?

:P

I will say on the White Queen thing

Maybe her psychic powers are her secondary mutation? Also, on her not being attractive enough, dude, she's like 16, been locked in prison for months on end. What were you expecting? Miss California? (

:wub:) Though I will say it makes me hopeful that Emma was the one that found Scott in X4 (or whatever) given their past history, it would make establishing a history easy.

And yeah, the Prof X thing was weird if you really think about it.

EDIT: Never mind. Apparently she's my age http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1903153/

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Regarding her looks, she just looked like an average looking woman in the movie to me, but in the comics, she is supposed to be breath-takingly gorgeous, right? They cast supermodels and gorgeous women in every other comic movie role, even when it really isn't at all important to the character (Mystique, Betty Ross, Lois Lane in the re-do), but for a woman whose looks and sexuality were an essential part of her character (at least up through the 1990s, when I stopped reading stuff), they pick some decent, but not great looking woman. She looks like a typical sorority girl or something to me.

Edited by karamazov80

Regarding her looks, she just looked like an average looking woman in the movie to me, but in the comics, she is supposed to be breath-takingly gorgeous, right? They cast supermodels and gorgeous women in every other comic movie role, even when it really isn't at all important to the character (Mystique, Betty Ross, Lois Lane in the re-do), but for a woman whose looks and sexuality were an essential part of her character (at least up through the 1990s, when I stopped reading stuff), they pick some decent, but not great looking woman. She looks like a typical sorority girl or something to me.

she looked like a monkey. :(

she looked like a monkey. :(

Man, you are mean.

I will say on the White Queen thing

Maybe her psychic powers are her secondary mutation?

That would be silly, considering she was well known for her psychic ability before she went all diamond.

Was Silver Fox supposed to not be First Nations in this movie? That's the only reason I can find it excusable to make Emma her sister. Otherwise, that sibling relationship was forced beyond hell and just made it seem like they were trying too hard.