UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

How many of you DON'T want Spiderman in the Secret Wars set?

metaphorge

Do you want a Spiderman minimate to be included in the Secret Wars box set?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Spiderman minimate to be included in the Secret Wars box set?

• Yes, we don't have enough Spidermates
    • No. No. No. No. NO!

Because, of course, your opinion as a Supah Uber Fanboy is much more valid than my opinion as a fan who actually likes the looks of the figure and welcomes the character with open arms. :rolleyes:

Not hijacking your thread, much just realize that 1) your opinion is not the only one 2) your opinion isn't the only one that matters and 3) this isn't mob rule.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled bashing.

How many of you don't want DST to ask us for our opinion anymore?... ;)

My thoughts exactly!

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

While some may be sick of Spidey, I feel this is one that actually fits. The symbiote costume was a big part of the Secret Wars, and the Spider-Man mythology after. If he gets voted in, I will welcome the mate.

Because, of course, your opinion as a Supah Uber Fanboy is much more valid than my opinion as a fan who actually likes the looks of the figure and welcomes the character with open arms. :rolleyes:

Not hijacking your thread, much just realize that 1) your opinion is not the only one 2) your opinion isn't the only one that matters and 3) this isn't mob rule.

If I were only interested in my own opinion I woudn't have included a poll. I'm interested in everyone's opinion on the matter...

...except your opinion, which really doesn't count because you lobbied to have Spidey included in every set, including Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica lines, thus ensuring their cancellation.... ;D

What, the [sarcasm] tag is disabled on this board? ;P

As far as Diamond's poll goes, I think it would have been better to let each person vote for four figures to be included, not just our top choice... and I hope Diamond repeats letting us make such choices in the future.

Edited by metaphorge

I vote "NO" for Symbiote Spider-man

I would like to see:

1. Molecule Man (who I voted for!)

2. Captain Marvel

3. Storm

4. Dr. Doom

I like this line-up better too...however, I have to say the only thing that would make me skip the set altogether would be if they left out "Punk Storm". She was my very first custom design, after all. To tell you the truth, Secret Wars was such a major event, I don't see why they can't make it a 6 pack set, like they did with the Classic X-men.

...except your opinion, which really doesn't count because you lobbied to have Spidey Black Cat included in every set, including Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica lines, thus ensuring their cancellation.... ;D

Yep, I admit it. :) I figured a BSG Black Cat was a shoe in because of Tricia.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I say no, but as long as I get Cap. Marvel and mohawk Storm, they could throw Riot Spidey and Luke Cage in there, and I would still happily buy a set (or two). Take away Beyonder, even take away Molecule Man, but don't take away Storm!

i think spiderman is lame sauce, and there are waaaaaay too many minimates of him. i'm tired of missing out on minimates I REALLY want because they're packaged with ANOTHER spiderman. like ronin and mysterio, and a few others

(edit: and i'm too cheap to shell out $10 for a single minimate, especially one that isn't exceptionally rare)

Edited by killcharlesdead

The only problem for me really is that this has turned into a war between including an influential character/moment in the Secret Wars arc, and introducing yet another frakking Spider-Man to the Marvel line. Perhaps there is an alternate continuity where I would've voted on Symbiote Spidey because it is a genuinely interesting-looking Minimate, and am not reeling from Spidey fatigue.

We get it Marvel/DST: Spider-Man is your cash cow. The kids love him. The nostalgic adults love him. But honestly, if the Marvel line wasn't already filled to the brim with Spiderman variants (especially when compared to other characters... excluding Wolverine, probably) then maybe the fandom would've taken to Symbiote Spidey slightly better?

Here's the thing though NR. This isn't a widly advertised poll. This isn't something that was in ToyFare or anything. It's an AA poll. Which means it is fans that see it. And fans that vote. And yet Spiderman is STILL (almost) winning. So to say it's kids and nostalgic adults voting for him is a bit inaccurate. Though I don't know about the nostalgic adult part. What are you, because you're voting for Molecule Man, if not nostalgic?

i think spiderman is lame sauce, and there are waaaaaay too many minimates of him. i'm tired of missing out on minimates I REALLY want because they're packaged with ANOTHER spiderman. like ronin and mysterio, and a few others

(edit: and i'm too cheap to shell out $10 for a single minimate, especially one that isn't exceptionally rare)

Lame sauce ?WTF is lame sauce ?? You don't rate Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man 2-pack ????

Well we can't all be the same I suppose but that particular Spidey is almost the best IMO.

I reckon we've been blessed with some great 'mates lately & I'll take what we're given.............does anybody really expect that isn't what would/will happen anyway?

Dear God no. I have no problem with the Spider-man mate they showed us, but I'd rather he came with Electro. Or Lizard. Or Kraven. Or just about any Spider-man villain we don't have yet, this set is likely the only time some of these characters will be up for consideration, and considering we're going to get more spideys in the future whether we want them or not, I just think this is one time Spidey could sit one out. Throw this version of Spidey in with the Lizard and we can call it a continuation of the Secret Wars theme.

Also, slightly off topic but not really, what is with the Wolverines and Spider-Men in this line? I know they're popular, but the only places that sell these near me are comic shops and TRU, but I seem the be the main person who buys them there. I would think in what is a very collector oriented line they could let these guys take a break, or just include ONE PER WAVE!! I loved the villains in the last Spider-Man wave, but damn!! Enough!! And don't get me started on the Wolverine movie mates, they could have used several of the slots that went to Wolverine for Stryker, Weapon XI, Gambit.....all of whom wouldn't require that much new tooling, Stryker could have used General Ross' body, Weapon XI would only need his blade arms. I love 'mates but it's frustrating when a new wave yields FIVE new Wolverines on top of all the others.

I really don't care if Spiderman is in this set. It's an interesting new take on a pivotal moment in the character's history and is fairly nifty looking mate. If he's in the set, I'll be fine. If he is not in the set, I hope we see him in a wave down the road.

So with the absence of an "I don't care" vote option, I'm just not voting.

Lame sauce ?WTF is lame sauce ?? You don't rate Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man 2-pack ????

Well we can't all be the same I suppose but that particular Spidey is almost the best IMO

oh lol "lame sauce" is just a slang term my friends and I throw around when we don't approve of something. I don't know, it doesn't matter to me how cool the particular spidey looks. i'm still not too fond of the character himself. of course, I had to buy two more spiderman minimates recently to get tarantula and kraven (wasn't an option)

I know spidey getting his symbiot is a pretty crucial part of secret wars, but I would rather see obscure characters like beyonder than another spidey

I also think a good part of why spidey has so many more votes than everyone else is all the "energy" variants I think I accidentally voted for the captain marvel energy one in my confusion

Edited by killcharlesdead

You make a good point, I showed my girlfriend the options when I voted and she liked the Beyonder, but the energy version, not the normal one. Some people who aren't familiar with the characters may be voting for the energy versions because they're more striking, especially someone who happens upon AA's page and doesn't collect but wants to vote.

I don't really mind Spiderman but I do think he shouldn't be on this box set so that there's room for other more obscure characters that otherwise probably wouldn't be made into a minimate. Also, I think storm should come with a removable vest instead of a painted on one. I really hope she makes it!!

I won't cry, throw a fit, or boycott the set if Spidey makes it in, but there are others I'd much rather see.

I can see why he's there, because Secret Wars marked the beginning of a new chapter for Spider-Man.

But the costume itself isn't very inspiring, since its basically a regular Spider-Man with some black splashed on. Anyone who wants this costume, but is willing to sacrifice this slot to another character, mail me a Spider-Man Minimate and I'll make it for you.

I don't mind the Spiderman variants usually, but I feel this boxset is the only chance that characters, like Molecule Man and Beyonder have of being made. The Spiderman variant will be made eventually even if it isn't voted in.

Edited by fwoosheyman