UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

for the love of god...

so a while back, when my mates collection was a bit more... modest, I obtained a subway cookie case (some might say, I work there... and that the owner said I could have it), and now it's full. I keep buying mates... and dear god, there is no more room. the last 30 or so I bought are just sitting around, and it's only going to get worse! with that villians pack, and the thunderbolts pack, and all these must haves like deadpool and gambit... not to mention T2 and ghostbusters!

soon my room is going to be an abyss of minimates, and I will be dragged into the undertow. so if at some point I stop posting, know it is not because of shaky internet access, it's that the mates have taken me

Me too, actually. And it doesn't send a good signal... :ohmy:

I just keep getting small boxes (watch boxes, LEGO boxes, Pringles cans, card holders) and I stuff them all in!

But you probably have more Minis. Just a suggestion, but you don't have to put all your minimates on display... I keep mine in their boxes :/

Every time I build a new minimate shelf I think "This thing is so big I will never be able to fill it up!" And then one year later I am completely out of space again. Right now I am rebuilding my minimate area for the fifth time, and it is enormous. This thing is so big I will never be able to fill it up. ;)

For the longest time, I tried to display every variant and costume change that was made. Since then, I trimmed it down to what I really wanted to display. So no longer are there 40 Wolverines and Spider-Men. But there's still a lot of stuff. I try to build in room to grow in my display, but who knows what will come?

The Subway cookie display sounds like a good one, though.

believe it or not, I usually only have about 4 or 5 on display(some new,some old), and another couple minimate mash-ups just playing with different combos of parts. I feel, for me, it keeps fresh stuf rotating in and out, and i get to rediscover older mates all the time. :)

I have recently ran into the same problem, (but sadly it's because I still live with my parents, i'm only 20 give me a break lol) and I found that a shoe rack from walmart kinda fixed it up good and I also found a cool shelf for the bathrroom where I now display my mates (mates are on the shelf in my room, not in a bathroom).

If you have seen my pics in the collections thread you know that I display at least one of each. Well recently when I found out we were getting more mates in a year than we have in the last half decade my minimates petitioned for an annex. I originally bought a large curio for mates to be on two shelves and my other collectibles to be on three. The mates now have three and are begging for a fourth or I will face the wrath of the Lilliputians. Mind you this says nothing of all my random loose mates.

Edited by vbpanizzi

I display the figures that I like the best, don't care if I have 10 Iron Men next to each other if they look good that way. Characters with crappy Minimates never get put on display. I need to get some more LEGO stands, though.

I just have mine in these little utility cases that I got at Wal-Mart. They work great, kind of like the old collectors cases they used to make for GI Joe, Super Powers, and the like. The only problem is that they have apparently stopped making the ones that I like, so I'm running on borrowed time....